• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your role in your zombie apocalypse survival group?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]
Id be honored to be your Voice Of Reason - I think we'd work well together :D

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Who said anything about none adapting ? :cool: I am simply saying that surrendering to your own fears isn't really adapting (even if it feels that way). Especially since people who are under the influence of fear tend to make uncalculated moves that will probably have high cost. Also with this approach you basically lost this game in advance. Since in order to have real survival of the group you need 20 types of doctors, farmers, construction workers, engineers, teachers .... etc. Plus your group will surely be too small to have big enough gene pool to reproduce in a right way. So you have to start thinking about "strangers" sooner or later and the zeal should be left for the undead, unless there really is no alternative. So creating any sparks that could lead in this diection will almost surely be counter-productive, especially since the survivors will be obviously outnumbered. But ok I am not from the place were colonial lack of social structure in normal and where people go rogue just like that. (just for the record)

You continue to assume that I am operating from a place of fear, I am operating from an offensive standpoint.

Secondly you also assume I am interested the repopulation of this new savage world filled with flesh eating non humans .I'm not .. I'm not interesting in rebuilding, I'm interested in surviving
The voice of reason is always the first to go.. ask dale from WD.
Sounds like this is not your area of expertise perhaps another thread would be a better selection for you.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
You threaten the safety of my group .. I kill you
you look potentially sick or weak... I kill you
I see you causing trouble in the near future.. I kill you
the group allowed you to survive against my better judgment and now I'm right .. I hurt you (give them all the I TOLD you so, look because I sense this shit in people) .. I kill you
This made me laugh in a good way.
I'm highly convinced of your commitment to your group, but I'm sure you won't be able to kill just like that. At least, at first.
I got Leader too. Other than managing the members, motivating them, the distribution of tasks, taking into consideration affinity, and deployment of plans, your group will sooner or later need a transition into an outsourcing arrangement if you want to match higher probabilies of survival and a low stress environment, and ultimately, you'll be doing this for the sake of your initial group. I am sure though, if the situation arises, and you can trust your gut feeling, then you will be glad to make allies and expand your group.

The way you're describing your "gut feeling" and "instinct" and how you'll handle it if you handed your fate to someone who's lacking competency or doesn't "feel right" from your standing point, even if their decision seems rationally correct and safe, is something that can be overshadowed by other external voices who want to direct the action without proper council, and hugely frowned upon. Your reaction when you "feel" something is wrong, but others go against that gut feeling anyway, is anger and that "I told you so", "HA!", and you'd rather not make the other feel guilty which makes it hard for you to trust someone to lead, especially those who are unwilling to take calculated or even uncalculated risks. That's why I encourage my folks to come forward even if they're blindly relying on me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, this is why the voice of reason always ends up being the leader they never cared to be - coz the real supposed leaders are doing the powergrab dickswinging thing :coffee:

@Abcdenfp if you think a voice of reason also means you re a sucker, you ll find yourself quickly dethroned. Just sayin'

It tends to be leaders, those that are in the spot light and out of touch with their people, not the (wo)man behind the scenes who is tapped into the going ons in that group that gets to handle all the risk, ime.
For that matter, smart leaders have such a person guard their back and keep them safe at all costs. Coz they know that due to their position, people wont tell them shit.
Stupid ones find themselves in a ditch or fed to the zombies by an angry mob after ignoring their input.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You continue to assume that I am operating from a place of fear, I am operating from an offensive standpoint.

Secondly you also assume I am interested the repopulation of this new savage world filled with flesh eating non humans .I'm not .. I'm not interesting in rebuilding, I'm interested in surviving
The voice of reason is always the first to go.. ask dale from WD.
Sounds like this is not your area of expertise perhaps another thread would be a better selection for you.

I am sorry but this is fear talk.

You threaten the safety of my group .. I kill you
you look potentially sick or weak... I kill you
I see you causing trouble in the near future.. I kill you

Another thing is that rebuilding and surviving are basically the same thing on the long run. You can't really have one without the other if you don't want to have 10 000 BC lifestyle.
Actually I scored as the leader on the test but I decided to call myself "the voice of reason" since that is what I really think I am. This is what I am in real life.

Plus unlike people here I grew up in the actual war zone since the federation is which I was born fell apart through one very messy war/civil war. So I know a thing or two about collapse of the civilization. :wink:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
LHTzcMT.jpg

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Voice of Reason is so Te. ;)

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
See, this is why the voice of reason always ends up being the leader they never cared to be - coz the real supposed leaders are doing the powergrab dickswinging thing :coffee: @Abcdenfp if you think a voice of reason also means you re a sucker, you ll find yourself quickly dethroned. Just sayin' It tends to be leaders, those that are in the spot light and out of touch with their people, not the (wo)man behind the scenes who is tapped into the going ons in that group that gets to handle all the risk, ime. For that matter, smart leaders have such a person guard their back and keep them safe at all costs. Coz they know that due to their position, people wont tell them shit. Stupid ones find themselves in a ditch or fed to the zombies by an angry mob after ignoring their input.
I agree with all of this.. I'm not saying that voice of reason means sucker.. I actually like your voice of reason in general , in the above mentioned circumstances and on TC.
It is the voice of reason that remains stuck in their old way of thinking and becomes inflexible that for me gets left behind or eaten or shot point blank because we don't have time to go down this morality road over and over again.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
This made me laugh in a good way.
I'm highly convinced of your commitment to your group, but I'm sure you won't be able to kill just like that. At least, at first.
I got Leader too. Other than managing the members, motivating them, the distribution of tasks, taking into consideration affinity, and deployment of plans, your group will sooner or later need a transition into an outsourcing arrangement if you want to match higher probabilies of survival and a low stress environment, and ultimately, you'll be doing this for the sake of your initial group. I am sure though, if the situation arises, and you can trust your gut feeling, then you will be glad to make allies and expand your group.

The way you're describing your "gut feeling" and "instinct" and how you'll handle it if you handed your fate to someone who's lacking competency or doesn't "feel right" from your standing point, even if their decision seems rationally correct and safe, is something that can be overshadowed by other external voices who want to direct the action without proper council, and hugely frowned upon. Your reaction when you "feel" something is wrong, but others go against that gut feeling anyway, is anger and that "I told you so", "HA!", and you'd rather not make the other feel guilty which makes it hard for you to trust someone to lead, especially those who are unwilling to take calculated or even uncalculated risks. That's why I encourage my folks to come forward even if they're blindly relying on me.

This is why you would be someone I follow or align myself with intuitively. you always seem to speak my language and always get my core motivation instinctively without much explanation from my side.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with all of this.. I'm not saying that voice of reason means sucker.. I actually like your voice of reason in general , in the above mentioned circumstances and on TC. It is the voice of reason that remains stuck in their old way of thinking and becomes inflexible that for me gets left behind or eaten or shot point blank because we don't have time to go down this morality road over and over again.

To be frank, if we d have to go over and over it again without progress, wasting time because you wont even discuss things and take the time they require for the good of all, ill usurp you myself.

However, if you re is willing to take the time when needed to soundboard off of each other and figure out tough moral situations for the benefit of all without losing our humanity - im all in.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
To be frank, if we d have to go over and over it again without progress, wasting time because you wont even discuss things and take the time they require for the good of all, ill usurp you myself. However, if you re is willing to take the time when needed to soundboard off of each other and figure out tough moral situations for the benefit of all without losing our humanity - im all in.
^^^ ditto

Lark

So while all the eejit pseudo-leaders are squabbling about who da boss, I'm going to construct a zombi head on a stick, maybe a branch with lots of sticks on it which I'll put lots of decapitated zombi heads on, for the craic, and then wave it about and chase people with it, then I'll like dip the zombi heads in molten melt, also for the craic.

The fun we're all going to have.

5eJA7LB.jpg

I love this meme. Made it me self I did.

Leader? Me a leader in the zombie apocalypse? Haha! You mofo’s are on your own. I live on the ocean. I’m grabbing a yuppie’s yacht and finding an island. Good luck building an Alexandria or Hilltop. I’m out.

Realistically, with my health being what it is, I’d quickly become one of the walkers trying to eat your face.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Voice of Reason.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Voice of Reason

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Commits treason against the group by revealing the location of our base and an in-depth breakdown of all of our security outposts in exchange for a tin of Pork and Beans.

rav3n

Weird result considering how I deliberately tried to avoid a leadership role.

Leader

the-.jpg

Attachments

• the-.jpg
    the-.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 120

Kas

Fabula rasa
Watchdog

Your attention to detail and possible dependency on caffeine make you a watchdog. You're the first to volunteer to keep watch at night. You keep your group safe. In the off chance you do get tired, you manage to keep yourself awake through motivation or even pure willpower. Even when you're off duty, you like to keep a close eye on things.

:coffeeluv:

Metis

Watchdog

Your attention to detail and possible dependency on caffeine make you a watchdog. You're the first to volunteer to keep watch at night. You keep your group safe. In the off chance you do get tired, you manage to keep yourself awake through motivation or even pure willpower. Even when you're off duty, you like to keep a close eye on things.

:coffeeluv:

Likely to be voted most valuable team member in the Zombie Apocalypse High School yearbook.