• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your role in your zombie apocalypse survival group?

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Actually I would be like carol from WD before she went soft .. so leaderish behavior (yes I know that is not a word)
My only concern would be for my own little group. I'm not looking into expanding.
You threaten the safety of my group .. I kill you
you look potentially sick or weak... I kill you
I see you causing trouble in the near future.. I kill you
the group allowed you to survive against my better judgment and now I'm right .. I hurt you (give them all the I TOLD you so, look because I sense this shit in people) .. I kill you
but my main objective is to survive .. a new standard of what I deem good or bad would be set internally. I'm not really interested in debating these standards.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Second in Command

mich.jpg

You support the leader most of the time, but are far from brown-nosing; as a matter of fact, you'd be willing to go against direct orders if you feel it's better for the group. More often than not, you are the rock's rock, the one the leader goes to when they don't feel strong. Should anything happen to the leader, it is without a doubt that they would put you in charge.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Leader

You sit at the helm, and everyone looks to you for guidance. You are the rock of the group. You have your group's best interest at heart, and your decisions are based on that, even if they would prefer you do something else. You make quick decisions based on what you think is the best option in the moment, and most of the time, it was the right choice.

Didn't think I'd get this tbh. Interesting.

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is your role in your zombie apocalypse survival group?

Leader

You sit at the helm, and everyone looks to you for guidance. You are the rock of the group. You have your group's best interest at heart, and your decisions are based on that, even if they would prefer you do something else. You make quick decisions based on what you think is the best option in the moment, and most of the time, it was the right choice.

Lark

Stores would be mobbed with everyone else thinking the very same thing. I’d rather be as far from metropolitan/consumer areas as quickly as possible. I’d be good with my pre-purchased Walmart stuff.

*adds “machete” to next month’s shopping list*

That shark suit does sound cool in theory, but I’d wonder about upkeep. And if it’d be ok to sleep in/wear all the time. I don’t think zombies will wait for me to get dressed. I do like the idea of anti-bite clothing, though.

Its a fine chain mail, as easy to put on a hoodie, most of them have zippers on them which pull up like a wet suit or dry suit.

I'm sure that traditional armour would be a good idea too.

Lark

My sentiments exactly, I always get leader in these test as well, but I'm not interested in debating anything in the middle of an apocalypse or convincing anyone of anything either. Staying on the move is the smartest play , but having someone with you to look out assists a great deal as well, small group (4 persons max) with same objective works much better than on your own. IMO

That's why I wouldnt want to have a party or to actually be a leader, I'm always interested in how common it is that quizes like these spit out "leader", it makes me think, so, if all the people in the thread were this instant under siege would any of the leaders give way to the other leaders and allow someone to do that in order that everyone can take practical steps or would it all turn out like The Fog (the movie not the TV series) which actually is a great short film for anyone interested in things like leadership, different sorts of leaders, group dynamics and crisis management.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
That's why I wouldnt want to have a party or to actually be a leader, I'm always interested in how common it is that quizes like these spit out "leader", it makes me think, so, if all the people in the thread were this instant under siege would any of the leaders give way to the other leaders and allow someone to do that in order that everyone can take practical steps or would it all turn out like The Fog (the movie not the TV series) which actually is a great short film for anyone interested in things like leadership, different sorts of leaders, group dynamics and crisis management.
I will watch the fog, I am always fascinated in how people think they will react and actually react and the dynamics of a group setting in general. I know no one would be my leader right away ... that would have to be earned as I am always skeptical of Someone who is too eager for that burden in a group dynamic , if a leader naturally emerges after proving them selves , they will. Earn my respect but ultimately I can't be in a group and not be a part of the crucial decision making, I trust my gut more than most people.
The mist was an excellent movie too for watching how people respond when they are not sure what is going on and how fear and group mentality can make normally rational people behave irrationally

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Actually I would be like carol from WD before she went soft .. so leaderish behavior (yes I know that is not a word)
My only concern would be for my own little group. I'm not looking into expanding.
You threaten the safety of my group .. I kill you
you look potentially sick or weak... I kill you
I see you causing trouble in the near future.. I kill you
the group allowed you to survive against my better judgment and now I'm right .. I hurt you (give them all the I TOLD you so, look because I sense this shit in people) .. I kill you
but my main objective is to survive .. a new standard of what I deem good or bad would be set internally. I'm not really interested in debating these standards.

Yes, but the people that have too much focus on killing are actually the ones who have reduced chance of survival. Since they trigger everyone around them for the reasons that are named above.

*voice of reason*

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Watchdog
View attachment 19405
Your attention to detail and possible dependency on caffeine make you a watchdog. You're the first to volunteer to keep watch at night. You keep your group safe. In the off chance you do get tired, you manage to keep yourself awake through motivation or even pure willpower. Even when you're off duty, you like to keep a close eye on things.

- - - Updated - - -

Watchdog
View attachment 19405
Your attention to detail and possible dependency on caffeine make you a watchdog. You're the first to volunteer to keep watch at night. You keep your group safe. In the off chance you do get tired, you manage to keep yourself awake through motivation or even pure willpower. Even when you're off duty, you like to keep a close eye on things.

Oops, attached it wrong.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Yes, but the people that have too much focus on killing are actually the ones who have reduced chance of survival. Since they trigger everyone around them for the reasons that are named above. *voice of reason*
Well, I wouldn't say that I am "focused" on killing I am just giving the scenarios where I would not hesitate to kill Someone for the safety of the group. I would have to seriously trust someone in order to allow them to make decisions for me in circumstances listed above and he/she decided not to kill these people. Basically if you are gonna be the voice of reason in any of those scenarios and one of my group members dies... I'm holding you responsible and I distrust your instincts. Which in apocalypse time you have to rely on more than usual. It's the land of the hunter or the hunted.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, I wouldn't say that I am "focused" on killing I am just giving the scenarios where I would not hesitate to kill Someone for the safety of the group. I would have to seriously trust someone in order to allow them to make decisions for me in circumstances listed above and he/she decided not to kill these people. Basically if you are gonna be the voice of reason in any of those scenarios and one of my group members dies... I'm holding you responsible and I distrust your instincts. Which in apocalypse time you have to rely on more than usual. It's the land of the hunter or the hunted.

You don't see yourself as the killer but doing this is exactly what may trigger others around you. What you think may not even matter since for them you crossed the same line that you made for yourself. Also as you pointed out yourself: it is Apocalypse out there and rules are gone, so it better not to be too hasty. Since the bullet can come from any hand once the shooting starts.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
So much leaders. We are doomed. :dry:

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
You don't see yourself as the killer but doing this is exactly what may trigger others around you. What you think may not even matter since for them you crossed the same line that you made for yourself. Also as you pointed out yourself: it is Apocalypse out there and rules are gone, so it better not to be too hasty. Since the bullet can come from any hand once the shooting starts.
The ability to adapt will be a huge factor regarding who survives.
The rules will change, people will show you exactly how ugly they can be, if you are not prepared to read the changing landscape of humanity you won't stand a chance. I'm not hasty I'm territorial and I trust no one outside of my group immediately. You want to give people the chance to prove me right .. go for it.. but not at the detriment of my group. I won't allow it.
im not going out looking for people to take out or take what is theirs I am simply willing to protect what is mine.

Gone

Voice of Reason

You are the glue that holds your group together. Without you, there would be total chaos. When the leader is unavailable, people go to you for advice; sometimes even the leader goes to you for advice. The whole world could be crumbling around you and you'd still keep a level head. Before you make a decision, you like to consider all options and how they will affect the rest of the group. At the end of the day, you're the one saving the group from problems that haven't even happened yet.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The ability to adapt will be a huge factor regarding who survives.
The rules will change, people will show you exactly how ugly they can be, if you are not prepared to read the changing landscape of humanity you won't stand a chance. I'm not hasty I'm territorial and I trust no one outside of my group immediately. You want to give people the chance to prove me right .. go for it.. but not at the detriment of my group. I won't allow it.
im not going out looking for people to take out or take what is theirs I am simply willing to protect what is mine.

Who said anything about none adapting ? :cool:

I am simply saying that surrendering to your own fears isn't really adapting (even if it feels that way). Especially since people who are under the influence of fear tend to make uncalculated moves that will probably have high cost.
Also with this approach you basically lost this game in advance. Since in order to have real survival of the group you need 20 types of doctors, farmers, construction workers, engineers, teachers .... etc. Plus your group will surely be too small to have big enough gene pool to reproduce in a right way. So you have to start thinking about "strangers" sooner or later and the zeal should be left for the undead, unless there really is no alternative. So creating any sparks that could lead in this diection will almost surely be counter-productive, especially since the survivors will be obviously outnumbered.

But ok I am not from the place were colonial lack of social structure in normal and where people go rogue just like that. (just for the record)