User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    ‘Popping caps’ = operating a firearm, no? I never watched Rambo in its entirety, so I’m not sure what weapons he uses.
    Mainly a big knife but he also makes traps out of things in the woods, in the novel he kills like an entire towns worth of people before he finally gets killed but in the movie he acts really defensively, tries to surrender a few times and is eventually taken into custody.

I was talking in a general sense when I used that euphemism, "popping caps", but even if I were talking specifically about firearms, who doesnt back them up with melee weapons?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Mainly a big knife but he also makes traps out of things in the woods, in the novel he kills like an entire towns worth of people before he finally gets killed but in the movie he acts really defensively, tries to surrender a few times and is eventually taken into custody.
    So kind of like Chuck Norris sans the martial arts. . .

I was talking in a general sense when I used that euphemism, "popping caps", but even if I were talking specifically about firearms, who doesnt back them up with melee weapons?
    Ah. I’ve always heard that phrase specifically used about guns, so I thought that was the only thing you planned to rely on.

And agreed, backup melee weapons are a must.
    I think a machete would be ideal, personally.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

So kind of like Chuck Norris sans the martial arts. . .

Ah. I’ve always heard that phrase specifically used about guns, so I thought that was the only thing you planned to rely on.

And agreed, backup melee weapons are a must.
    I think a machete would be ideal, personally.
    Sharksuit armour and shaolin shovel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Sharksuit armour and shaolin shovel
    Eh.. I can get a machete at the local Walmart for $7.69.
    Gotta be realistic when it comes to the zombie apocalypse.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Eh.. I can get a machete at the local Walmart for $7.69.
    Gotta be realistic when it comes to the zombie apocalypse.
    After the zombi apocalypse you can get those things I mentioned for free, provided you know where they stock them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

After the zombi apocalypse you can get those things I mentioned for free, provided you know where they stock them.
    Stores would be mobbed with everyone else thinking the very same thing. I’d rather be as far from metropolitan/consumer areas as quickly as possible. I’d be good with my pre-purchased Walmart stuff.

*adds “machete” to next month’s shopping list*

That shark suit does sound cool in theory, but I’d wonder about upkeep. And if it’d be ok to sleep in/wear all the time. I don’t think zombies will wait for me to get dressed. I do like the idea of anti-bite clothing, though.

Likes Metis liked this post

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

What is your role in your zombie apocalypse survival group?

Leader

You sit at the helm, and everyone looks to you for guidance. You are the rock of the group. You have your group's best interest at heart, and your decisions are based on that, even if they would prefer you do something else. You make quick decisions based on what you think is the best option in the moment, and most of the time, it was the right choice.

Part of the benefit of growing up with a survivalist father in many ways I've been preparing for the undead hordes to rise screaming from their graves thirsty for the flesh of the living...my whole life....
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

Role: Guy who adapts way too quickly and immediately starts functioning in survival mode.

*hears sounds of bushes rustling and small twigs snapping underneath the weight of human feet around me*

*spreads bushes apart to see me hunched over a human male body*

Them: ".........."

Group Survivor #1: "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!!?!"

Group Survivor #2: "Oh...my god...

*Group Survivor number 3 walks towards the front of me and sees what's transpired*

Group Survivor #3: *begins vomiting profusely*

Group Survivor #1: "Is....Is that Steve? Are you eating Steve? What the hell is wrong with you, man!"

Me: "....I couldn't help it....I was so hungry..."

Me: " I know you guys think this is odd, but things aren't like they used to be -- If we want to survive, we're going to have to do things that we may not be able to come back from.."

Group Survivor #3: "Dude, it has literally been maybe 30 minutes since the first reported zombie sighting in this area, and even that was 3 hours away."

Group Survivor #2: "We still have, easily, 6-months worth of food rations to go around.."

Group Survivor #1: "Hell if I'm gonna be honest, I thought we were just out here camping and role-playing."

Me: * Drowns out the background banter of the group while staring at everyone in a trance-like state, as I begin sizing up the remaining group members based on weight and muscle-tone to determine who shall be next. *
    Likes Galena, Metis liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Role: Guy who adapts way too quickly and immediately starts functioning in survival mode.

*hears sounds of bushes rustling and small twigs snapping underneath the weight of human feet around me*

*spreads bushes apart to see me hunched over a human male body*

Them: ".........."

Group Survivor #1: "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!!?!"

Group Survivor #2: "Oh...my god...

*Group Survivor number 3 walks towards the front of me and sees what's transpired*

Group Survivor #3: *begins vomiting profusely*

Group Survivor #1: "Is....Is that Steve? Are you eating Steve? What the hell is wrong with you, man!"

Me: "....I couldn't help it....I was so hungry..."

Me: " I know you guys think this is odd, but things aren't like they used to be -- If we want to survive, we're going to have to do things that we may not be able to come back from.."

Group Survivor #3: "Dude, it has literally been maybe 30 minutes since the first reported zombie sighting in this area, and even that was 3 hours away."

Group Survivor #2: "We still have, easily, 6-months worth of food rations to go around.."

Group Survivor #1: "Hell if I'm gonna be honest, I thought we were just out here camping and role-playing."

Me: * Drowns out the background banter of the group while staring at everyone in a trance-like state, as I begin sizing up the remaining group members based on weight and muscle-tone to determine who shall be next. *
    This is why INTPs need supervision at all times, especially when they watch/read the news.

Likes Abcdenfp, Metis liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Alone could work for a little while, especially if your general area isn't highly populated. If you have your own source of clean water on the property (like a well), a secluded house/yard to fortify so you can garden, it may be doable indefinitely. You'd need basic knowledge about construction, edible flora/fauna, emergency medical skills. Basic self defense skills/how to make &/or use various weapons. You wouldn't want to venture too far from your property if you could help it. You'd risk attracting humans/zombies to your hideout. Too risky to travel far/sleep alone in the open. Also, there's no one to help you back if you injure yourself. A broken ankle from one misstep could be the end, if you happen to be escaping an imminent threat at the time. If your fortified home is compromised & you're forced to abandon it, you'll run these risks no matter what your contingency plan is. There is no safe place - only safer. Best to just keep moving. And if you must keep moving, having someone watch your back is often safer than going it alone for extended periods of time, no matter how well-honed your survival instincts are. Having people around can be distracting, slow you down. But they can also bring something to the table. Even a couple extra sets of eyes/ears can be invaluable. Source: The Zombie Survival Guide is my apocalypse bible.
    My sentiments exactly, I always get leader in these test as well, but I'm not interested in debating anything in the middle of an apocalypse or convincing anyone of anything either. Staying on the move is the smartest play , but having someone with you to look out assists a great deal as well, small group (4 persons max) with same objective works much better than on your own. IMO