• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Career Surveyor

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
The Career Surveyorâ„¢ is a comprehensive, scientifically validated career test that uses the powerful Holland Code system to help you find the best career path for you. You'll discover:

The best careers for your unique interest profile
The top earning and fastest growing careers that suit you
How to stay motivated by choosing a career that excites you
How to harness your natural talents to achieve success
Get personalized career ideas and individual advice that will help you choose a path to keep you motivated and successful for many years to come.

TAKE IT!

The Career Surveyor™ | Scientific Career Test using Holland Codes (RIASEC) and Five Factor Personality Inventory

DSV48VbW4AEKwPK.jpg

DSV4_oHW4AAcmOz.jpg

Others:
Creating Moderate
Ogranizing Moderate
Building Low
Helping Low

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It says I have to pay $29

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Your Career Type: the Creator

Your primary interest area is Creating, which means you are interested in imagination, self-expression, and artistic experience.
Your drive to work comes from a motivation to be original and creative, and to express yourself by producing something unique.

A Look at Your Key Strengths

You are imaginative and forward-thinking, and talented at envisioning the future. You do not mind venturing into unknown territory and are enthusiastic about change and innovation. You are excellent at thinking abstractly, coming up with new ideas, and using your creativity to solve complex problems.

You are good at negotiating a balance between meeting your own needs and serving the needs of other people. You cooperate with others and look for compromise when you can, but you are careful not to sacrifice your own chances for success and advancement. You are able to get along with other people and function well on a team, while still making sure you are looking out for your own interests.

You are equally good at working with others, and working on your own. You can engage with other people to accomplish team projects effectively, but you are also able to motivate yourself to work independently. Because you can be productive in both an independent mode and a social mode, you are able to adapt well to a variety of work environments and activities.

A Sample of Your Top Careers
These are just a few of the careers we've found for you:

Average Salary Job Growth
Writers and authors: $53,070 15%
Multimedia Artist or Animator: $56,330 14%
Interpreter or Translator: $38,850 22%
Architect: $70,320 16%

Well that's not depressing at all...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your Career Type: the Thinker

Your primary interest area is Thinking, which means you are interested in research, analysis, and intellectual inquiry.
Your drive to work comes from a motivation to discover new ideas and develop new theories to explain the world around you.

Your level of organization and drive is excellent. You are predisposed to success in your career because of your talent for persisting in your goals and resisting distractions along the way. Employers will appreciate your orderly approach, your attention to detail, and your inclination to work until the job is done. You are determined and responsible, and likely to achieve whatever you set your mind to.

You are imaginative and forward-thinking, and talented at envisioning the future. You do not mind venturing into unknown territory and are enthusiastic about change and innovation. You are excellent at thinking abstractly, coming up with new ideas, and using your creativity to solve complex problems.

You have a high degree of stress tolerance, emotional stability, and resilience. You do not easily become anxious, depressed, or upset in stressful situations. More so than most people, you can handle a job with a high level of stress, as you will be able to overcome pressures that others might find overwhelming.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
40 minutes???

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your primary interest area is Creating, which means you are interested in imagination, self-expression, and artistic experience.

Your drive to work comes from a motivation to be original and creative, and to express yourself by producing something unique.

To learn more about your motivations and values as a Creator, upgrade to your full report.

These are just a few of the careers we've found for you.

Writer or Author
Writers and authors develop original written content for advertisements, books, magazines, movie and television scripts, songs, and online publications.

$53,070 15%
Multimedia Artist or Animator
Multimedia artists and animators create animation and visual effects for television, movies, video games, and other forms of media.

$56,330 14%
Architect
Architects plan and design houses, office buildings, and other structures.

$70,320 16%
Photographer
Photographers use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that visually tell a story or record an event.

$29,440 12%
Landscape Architect
Landscape architects plan and design land areas for parks, recreational facilities, private homes, campuses, and other open spaces.

$58,960 20%

These are a few of the personal strengths that you bring to the job.

You are a highly altruistic and compassionate person who is dedicated to helping and serving other people. You are deeply motivated to make other people's lives better and happier. You are excellent at cooperating with others, sensing their needs, and being of service to those around you.

Your level of organization and drive is excellent. You are predisposed to success in your career because of your talent for persisting in your goals and resisting distractions along the way. Employers will appreciate your orderly approach, your attention to detail, and your inclination to work until the job is done. You are determined and responsible, and likely to achieve whatever you set your mind to.

You have a high degree of stress tolerance, emotional stability, and resilience. You do not easily become anxious, depressed, or upset in stressful situations. More so than most people, you can handle a job with a high level of stress, as you will be able to overcome pressures that others might find overwhelming.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It says I have to pay $29

Scam!!

To learn more about your motivations and values as a Creator, upgrade to your full report.

Writer or Author
Writers and authors develop original written content for advertisements, books, magazines, movie and television scripts, songs, and online publications.

$53,070 15%
Multimedia Artist or Animator
Multimedia artists and animators create animation and visual effects for television, movies, video games, and other forms of media.

$56,330 14%
Architect
Architects plan and design houses, office buildings, and other structures.

$70,320 16%
Photographer
Photographers use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that visually tell a story or record an event.

$29,440 12%
Landscape Architect
Landscape architects plan and design land areas for parks, recreational facilities, private homes, campuses, and other open spaces.

$58,960 20%

You are a highly altruistic and compassionate person who is dedicated to helping and serving other people. You are deeply motivated to make other people's lives better and happier. You are excellent at cooperating with others, sensing their needs, and being of service to those around you.

That's not very sensor like of you!

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Scam!!

That's not very sensor like of you!

And here are my result:

Your primary interest area is Thinking, which means you are interested in research, analysis, and intellectual inquiry.

Your drive to work comes from a motivation to discover new ideas and develop new theories to explain the world around you.

To learn more about your motivations and values as a Thinker, upgrade to your full report.

Physician or Surgeon
Physicians and surgeons diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses. Physicians examine patients; take medical histories; prescribe medications; and order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests. They counsel patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive healthcare. Surgeons operate on patients to treat injuries, such as broken bones; diseases, such as cancerous tumors; and deformities, such as cleft palates.

$186,044 22%
Historian
Historians research, analyze, interpret, and present the past by studying a variety of historical documents and sources.

$54,530 11%
When you get your full results, you'll see a more extensive list of top careers, including the careers with the strongest growth and the highest pay.

You are good at negotiating a balance between meeting your own needs and serving the needs of other people. You cooperate with others and look for compromise when you can, but you are careful not to sacrifice your own chances for success and advancement. You are able to get along with other people and function well on a team, while still making sure you are looking out for your own interests.

You take a relaxed, easygoing approach to life. You are unlikely to burn out from working too much, because you tend to prioritize rest and play. You are flexible and spontaneous, and function well in unpredictable work environments

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The last sentence is false I think. Though I guess that depends on what they mean by unpredictable.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your Career Type: the Builder

Your primary interest area is Building, which means you are interested in working with practical things, like tools or machines, and using physical skills. Your drive to work comes from a motivation to use your practical, hands-on skills to produce something tangible and useful.

• Film and Video Editor or Camera Operator
    Film and video editors and camera operators record images that entertain or inform an audience. $46,115/11%
  • Brickmasons, Blockmasons, and Stonemasons $40,110/12%
  • Electrical or Electronics Engineer
    Electrical engineers design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacturing of electrical equipment. $82,160/2%
  • Electrical or Electronic Engineering Technician
    Electrical or electronic engineering technicians help engineers design and develop computers, communications equipment, medical monitoring devices, navigational equipment, and other electrical and electronic equipment. $56,040/2%
  • Automotive Service Technician or Mechanic
    Automotive service technicians and mechanics, often called service technicians or service techs, inspect, maintain, and repair cars and light trucks. $33,760/5%

• You are a highly altruistic and compassionate person who is dedicated to helping and serving other people. You are deeply motivated to make other people's lives better and happier. You are excellent at cooperating with others, sensing their needs, and being of service to those around you.
  • You are imaginative and forward-thinking, and talented at envisioning the future. You do not mind venturing into unknown territory and are enthusiastic about change and innovation. You are excellent at thinking abstractly, coming up with new ideas, and using your creativity to solve complex problems.
  • You are good at balancing structure and flexibility. You know how to plan ahead and set goals, while still being open to opportunities that arise in the moment. You tend to persist in your work unless something important distracts you, in which case you can easily switch gears. Although you like to stay organized and on-track when possible, you are comfortable with a certain level of uncertainty and are ready to adapt when circumstances change.

Interesting.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your Career Type: the Helper

Your primary interest area is Helping, which means you are interested in serving, teaching, assisting, and caring for others.

Your drive to work comes from a motivation to help other people and make a positive change in their lives.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

- Writer or Author
- Multimedia Artist or Animator
- Interpreter or Translator
- Architect
- Photographer

This is how these always come out for me. If you are someone whose career advice tends along the lines of studying/pursuing what's more economical, that's fine and actually what I ended up doing; but then if in the same breath you recommend taking career quiz like this for guidance, please just stop. This annoyed me throughout my entire coming of age. Or maybe I wasn't doing the tests right; dunno.

You are good at balancing structure and flexibility. You know how to plan ahead and set goals, while still being open to opportunities that arise in the moment. You tend to persist in your work unless something important distracts you, in which case you can easily switch gears. Although you like to stay organized and on-track when possible, you are comfortable with a certain level of uncertainty and are ready to adapt when circumstances change.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Why the fuck didn't I get photographer? What is this conspiracy?!
*violently throws dozens of photos at this test's face*

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is how these always come out for me. If you are someone whose career advice tends along the lines of studying/pursuing what's more economical, that's fine and actually what I ended up doing; but then if in the same breath you recommend taking career quiz like this for guidance, please just stop. This annoyed me throughout my entire coming of age. Or maybe I wasn't doing the tests right; dunno.

I feel you. The tests are surface level. There is a difference between enjoying something, finding something interesting, and being able to do something every day without wanting to blow your brains out.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The creator.

Meh, I hate getting dirty and hurting my knees to install something for someone's home. I hate the fact I could drill into myself accidentally. Get more splinters than intended.

I loved the theory in chemistry more than the practical lab applications (although knowing the president of the chemistry association at my college was pretty cool, she was friendly and quite attractive and her awkward voice made her so enjoyable to be with.)

I never managed a business nor took any business classes so the other answers flew over my head.

So you could simply narrow the test to:

1) do you want to create pretty things to show off to people?
2) do you want to squint real hard at pieces of paper while sitting on a possibly comfy chair for 8 hours a day?
3) do you want to bend over and have physical health issues fun making stuff that's kind of good for people?
4) do you want to be selfishly motivated and make sure everyone in the room agrees with you?
5) do you want to lie to people so you can earn a decent living?
6) do you want to stress and agonize and hope for funding from the government so your idea can be possibly tested?

I think it's fairly obvious people will choose 1 more than the others. :wink:

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

To learn more about your motivations and values as a Thinker, upgrade to your full report.

Psychologist
Psychologists study cognitive, emotional, and social processes and human behavior by observing, interpreting, and recording how people relate to one another and their environments.

Physician or Surgeon
Physicians and surgeons diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses. Physicians examine patients; take medical histories; prescribe medications; and order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests. They counsel patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive healthcare. Surgeons operate on patients to treat injuries, such as broken bones; diseases, such as cancerous tumors; and deformities, such as cleft palates.

Historian
Historians research, analyze, interpret, and present the past by studying a variety of historical documents and sources.

Sociologist
Sociologists study society and social behavior by examining the groups, cultures, organizations, social institutions, and processes that people develop.

Epidemiologist
Epidemiologists are public health professionals who investigate patterns and causes of disease and injury in humans. They seek to reduce the risk and occurrence of negative health outcomes through community education and health policy.

When you get your full results, you'll see a more extensive list of top careers, including the careers with the strongest growth and the highest pay.

You are equally good at working with others, and working on your own. You can engage with other people to accomplish team projects effectively, but you are also able to motivate yourself to work independently. Because you can be productive in both an independent mode and a social mode, you are able to adapt well to a variety of work environments and activities.

You are good at coping with the stress levels of a typical job and are unlikely to become anxious, depressed, or upset due to the demands of your work. You are generally resilient and able to bounce back from stressful situations. While a highly stressful job may not suit you, you are well equipped to cope with the emotional demands of most positions.