User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Career Surveyor

Enneagram
    954 sp/sx

Your Career Type: the Helper

Your primary interest area is Helping, which means you are interested in serving, teaching, assisting, and caring for others.

Your drive to work comes from a motivation to help other people and make a positive change in their lives.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so

Your Career Type: the Creator

Your primary interest area is Creating, which means you are interested in imagination, self-expression, and artistic experience.

Your drive to work comes from a motivation to be original and creative, and to express yourself by producing something unique.

blessblessblessblessing human garbage asynartetic's Avatar

Griller of flesh
    The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true. -Sagan

Johari

Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

sex therapist
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Your Career Type: the Creator
    Your primary interest area is Creating, which means you are interested in imagination, self-expression, and artistic experience.
    Your drive to work comes from a motivation to be original and creative, and to express yourself by producing something unique.
    - Writer or Author
    - Multimedia Artist or Animator
    - Interpreter or Translator
    - Architect
    - Photographer
    This is how these always come out for me. If you are someone whose career advice tends along the lines of studying/pursuing what's more economical, that's fine and actually what I ended up doing; but then if in the same breath you recommend taking career quiz like this for guidance, please just stop. This annoyed me throughout my entire coming of age. Or maybe I wasn't doing the tests right; dunno.

These are a few of the personal strengths that you bring to the job.

You are a highly altruistic and compassionate person who is dedicated to helping and serving other people. You are deeply motivated to make other people's lives better and happier. You are excellent at cooperating with others, sensing their needs, and being of service to those around you.

You are imaginative and forward-thinking, and talented at envisioning the future. You do not mind venturing into unknown territory and are enthusiastic about change and innovation. You are excellent at thinking abstractly, coming up with new ideas, and using your creativity to solve complex problems.

You are good at balancing structure and flexibility. You know how to plan ahead and set goals, while still being open to opportunities that arise in the moment. You tend to persist in your work unless something important distracts you, in which case you can easily switch gears. Although you like to stay organized and on-track when possible, you are comfortable with a certain level of uncertainty and are ready to adapt when circumstances change.
    4w5 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    NFP
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

Why the fuck didn't I get photographer? What is this conspiracy?!
    *violently throws dozens of photos at this test's face*
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The creator. No surprise there.
    "Do not be satisfied with fragmentary happiness, which is invariably interrupted by shocks and blows of fate; but become complete, and having attained to perfection, be Yourself.”

– Anandamayi Ma

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Video View Post
    This is how these always come out for me. If you are someone whose career advice tends along the lines of studying/pursuing what's more economical, that's fine and actually what I ended up doing; but then if in the same breath you recommend taking career quiz like this for guidance, please just stop. This annoyed me throughout my entire coming of age. Or maybe I wasn't doing the tests right; dunno.
    I feel you. The tests are surface level. There is a difference between enjoying something, finding something interesting, and being able to do something every day without wanting to blow your brains out.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes Video, /DG/ liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The creator.

Meh, I hate getting dirty and hurting my knees to install something for someone's home. I hate the fact I could drill into myself accidentally. Get more splinters than intended.

I loved the theory in chemistry more than the practical lab applications (although knowing the president of the chemistry association at my college was pretty cool, she was friendly and quite attractive and her awkward voice made her so enjoyable to be with.)

I never managed a business nor took any business classes so the other answers flew over my head.

So you could simply narrow the test to:

1) do you want to create pretty things to show off to people?
    2) do you want to squint real hard at pieces of paper while sitting on a possibly comfy chair for 8 hours a day?
    3) do you want to bend over and have physical health issues fun making stuff that's kind of good for people?
    4) do you want to be selfishly motivated and make sure everyone in the room agrees with you?
    5) do you want to lie to people so you can earn a decent living?
    6) do you want to stress and agonize and hope for funding from the government so your idea can be possibly tested?

I think it's fairly obvious people will choose 1 more than the others.
    Forever Flowing

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Your Career Type: the Thinker

Your primary interest area is Thinking, which means you are interested in research, analysis, and intellectual inquiry.

Your drive to work comes from a motivation to discover new ideas and develop new theories to explain the world around you.

To learn more about your motivations and values as a Thinker, upgrade to your full report.

A Sample of Your Top Careers

These are just a few of the careers we've found for you.

Psychologist
    Psychologists study cognitive, emotional, and social processes and human behavior by observing, interpreting, and recording how people relate to one another and their environments.

Physician or Surgeon
    Physicians and surgeons diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses. Physicians examine patients; take medical histories; prescribe medications; and order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests. They counsel patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive healthcare. Surgeons operate on patients to treat injuries, such as broken bones; diseases, such as cancerous tumors; and deformities, such as cleft palates.

Historian
    Historians research, analyze, interpret, and present the past by studying a variety of historical documents and sources.

Sociologist
    Sociologists study society and social behavior by examining the groups, cultures, organizations, social institutions, and processes that people develop.

Epidemiologist
    Epidemiologists are public health professionals who investigate patterns and causes of disease and injury in humans. They seek to reduce the risk and occurrence of negative health outcomes through community education and health policy.

When you get your full results, you'll see a more extensive list of top careers, including the careers with the strongest growth and the highest pay.

A Look at Your Key Strengths

These are a few of the personal strengths that you bring to the job.

You are imaginative and forward-thinking, and talented at envisioning the future. You do not mind venturing into unknown territory and are enthusiastic about change and innovation. You are excellent at thinking abstractly, coming up with new ideas, and using your creativity to solve complex problems.

You are equally good at working with others, and working on your own. You can engage with other people to accomplish team projects effectively, but you are also able to motivate yourself to work independently. Because you can be productive in both an independent mode and a social mode, you are able to adapt well to a variety of work environments and activities.

You are good at coping with the stress levels of a typical job and are unlikely to become anxious, depressed, or upset due to the demands of your work. You are generally resilient and able to bounce back from stressful situations. While a highly stressful job may not suit you, you are well equipped to cope with the emotional demands of most positions.
    "To be whole is to be part, true voyage is return."

― Ursula K. LeGuin, The Dispossessed
    Likes Hard liked this post