• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Empathy Quotient Test

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I can't believe they only asked about worms...

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your Empathy Quotient score was 25 out of a possible 80.

Oops. I was expecting a higher score.

á´…eparted

passages
In hindsight this wasn't a very good test, but it was all I could find as a quick google search at 2am. Everyone loves a good psychology test to so meh.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
In hindsight this wasn't a very good test, but it was all I could find as a quick google search at 2am. Everyone loves a good psychology test to so meh.

No worries. You're still rock solid, Hard...

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
54 out of 80.

Terrible questions. Clearly biased towards Extroverts and socially inept people. I can picture a little awkward kid taking this very test and going through the process of thinking they're autistic all because they don't take initiative when talking about other people's emotions.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am extremely introverted and reserved, and many would say icy or serious, contrary to my seemingly outgoing and somewhat carefree, warm vibe on this forum. I can see how the test could be biased in favor of extroverts.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Wonder why Nico hasn't taken a spin on the wheel of whether we empathize.

Your Empathy Quotient score was 25 out of a possible 80.

Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

This test is definitely geared toward extroverts and people pleasers. Plus, many of these questions had nothing to do with empathy. Yes, I'm shy and socially awkward at times as well as super introverted, but somehow that makes me lack empathy? Okay...

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your Empathy Quotient score was 18 out of a possible 80. :( :cry:
Scores of 30 or less indicate a lack of empathy common in people with Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your Empathy Quotient score was 18 out of a possible 80. :( :cry:
Your score is too low for you to be using emoticons like these.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your score is too low for you to be using emoticons like these.

I know. I expected higher score... :blush:
Also You don't know problems I have in my life...cuz of this. :dry:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
75/80

I disagree that introverts can't score "highly" on this test or that it's weighted to extroverts (not using my own score as evidence but rather considering the questions as a whole).

However, in considering correlates, I do think that someone who self-types with social dominance on the enneagram would score higher than a self-pres or sexual sub-type.

I do think too that some of these are learned skills; no one comes out of the womb answering this question as "Strongly Disagree":

8. I find it hard to know what to do in a social situation.​

So, although I would have scored highly on this in my 20's anyway, I definitely score higher now taking amassed life experience into account.

snljjc

Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your Empathy Quotient score was 41 out of a possible 80.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your Empathy Quotient score was 57 out of a possible 80.

Scores above 30 are generally not indicative of an Autism Spectrum disorder.

Higher scores indicate greater levels of empathy.

I'm not upset with my score, especially because it's kind of testing for autism, but I thought my score would be a little higher lol. I do feel like it's also somewhat biased to extroverts and social people in general, because a lot of the questions just talk about how you act in a group, rather than actual empathetic situations. Being shy and introverted, as well as moving around and being home schooled, I don't really spend time in groups of people. In a group of strangers/acquaintances I might be absorbed in my own thoughts, or with friends, and parties are lame to me. On the off chance that I happen to be in a group, I spend most of my time observing/listening or talking to people one on one, maybe reacting to what was said but not really giving any input. I'm just reserved and don't like to risk being ignored/talked over, so I keep to myself. But I know & have been told that I'm very sensitive and empathetic to people and creatures alike, I've been that way ever since I was a child. I care about how people feel and how they're affected by things, and I want to comfort and help everything that suffers. I barely watch the news because it hurts to see things I can do nothing about.

Mask Off

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your Empathy Quotient score was 18 out of a possible 80.

wat ?