• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quiz to see how much of your success came from privelege

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
67/100
While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.

Your score of 67 means you've had just about as many things working in your favor as factors you've had to work to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
81/100

While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.

Your score of 81 shows you've had much more working against you than in your favor. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell demonstrating your effort to get where you are today.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"81/100

Your score of 81 shows you've had much more working against you than in your favor. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen demonstrating your effort to get where you are today."

These quizzes always feel like I'm feeding the creator's victim/persecution complex, somehow.
In the grand scheme of things, I've got it pretty damned good, despite personal hardships.

I don't live in a war zone.
I have constant access to food, clean water, and healthcare.
No one's going to throw acid in my face or arrest me for not adhering to cultural norms. I'm generally safe, & had the opportunity to learn self defense.
List goes on.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"81/100

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen demonstrating your effort to get where you are today."

These quizzes always feel like I'm feeding the creator's victim/persecution complex, somehow.
In the grand scheme of things, I've got it pretty damned good, despite personal hardships.

I don't live in a war zone.
I have constant access to food, clean water, and healthcare.
No one's going to throw acid in my face or arrest me for not adhering to cultural norms. I'm generally safe, & had the opportunity to learn self defense.
List goes on.

This was a little better than some of the other ones. It includes a more diverse list of hardships, imo.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my score:
your score of 67 means you've had just about as many things working in your favor as factors you've had to work to overcome.

In general what Lexicon said makes sense. If you compare USA folks to third world countries or war-torn countries, of course we have it a ton better regardless; I can't really even imagine what it's like growing up in that environment. In fact, I heard something on a quick news clip tonight saying that a high percentage of Iraqis are 19 or under, and this also means they have only ever known war. It's just kind of mind-boggling, as war is not a thing rolling through the streets in the USA. Our problems are of different sorts.

For me, I did grow up white, in an area that was almost all white people, with one parent with a college education and another with a degree in nursing. Solid lower-middle or middle class based on income. I always had a bed to sleep in, and food to eat, and my parents both valued education and reading so I always had books. I never really had to work a job until the last year of high school or during college. I had a lot of financial aid at college, plus was paying back loans for ten years (which my mom did help me with). We were not at all rich, but we had all the basics, despite the house being in bad physical shape.

Then again, I had few friends, no one who really "grasped" me, one of my parents was a chronic alcoholic and the other was spending all her energy trying to make ends meet and deal with his crap, and so I pretty much felt on my own from day one. I was also dealing with my own particular identity issue, which was excruciating for me at the time... with no adults to look to for guidance. No, it wasn't a third-world country; my issues just ended up being more emotional and social deprivation and pain, versus a lack of physical safety and lack of basic physical needs.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
70/100

Your score of 70 shows you've had a little more working against you than for you. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Try Everything by Shakira a symbol for all that you've had to overcome to get where you are today.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so

Your score of 63 means you've had many factorsblessworking in your favor, but several you'veblesshad to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others,blessclick here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might includeblessBelieve by Justin Bieber, as a nod to what it has taken to get where you are today.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
74/100

Your score of 74 means you've had some factors working for you, but more that you've had to work to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Tubthumping by Chumbawamba, as a sign of what you've done with the opportunities you've had.
I was hoping Chumbawamba was a muppet, but he wasn't.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
70/100... privilege, lol... i don't understand the popularity of this subject...

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here are my results :D

60/100

Your score of 60 shows you've had more factors working in your favor, but still some you've had to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include With a Little Help From My Friends by Joe Cocker, as a sign you remember those that helped you along the way.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your American Dream Score: 67/100

Your score of 67 means you've had just about as many things working in your favor as factors you've had to work to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.
If your life had a soundtrack, it might include The Climb by Miley Cyrus as a symbol of the hopeful journey you've been on.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Your score of 63 means you've had many factorsblessworking in your favor, but several you'veblesshad to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others,blessclick here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might includeblessBelieve by Justin Bieber, as a nod to what it has taken to get where you are today.

I thought you left the group?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually took this before and got a 70/100.
It probably has to do with the fact homeschooled graduates aren't represented well. XD or the fact my family is basically barely getting by.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
77/100

I actually took this before and got a 70/100.
It probably has to do with the fact homeschooled graduates aren't represented well. XD or the fact my family is basically barely getting by.

Pffft this test is screwed then. 99% of your success is merit-based. Very impressive. *nodnod*

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What success? Heh.

Your American Dream Score:
60/100

Your score of 60 shows you've had more factors working in your favor, but still some you've had to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include You'll Never Walk Alone by Elvis Presley, as a sign you remember those that helped you along the way.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp