• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Operating System Are You?

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
BBspot - Which OS Are You?

There's quite a few obscure operating systems as the results (it's from 2003!), but it's still good fun. See if you recognize any!

hp-ux.jpg

Nice! Unix based! And a server operating system too...wonder if that means anything.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
CONGRATULATIONS!
You are Red Hat Linux. You're tops among your peers, but still get no respect from them. It's all right with you. You have your sights set higher.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
You are Amiga OS. Ahead of your time. You keep a lot of balls in the air. If only your parents had given you more opportunities to succeed.

*I remember playing Speedball on an Amiga. That was fun.*

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are Amiga OS. Ahead of your time. You keep a lot of balls in the air. If only your parents had given you more opportunities to succeed.

*I remember playing Speedball on an Amiga. That was fun.*

Just took a look at it. The music is ridiculously catchy.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Just took a look at it. The music is ridiculously catchy.

Hehe, yeah. I took another look too. That game used to look awesome and futuristic back in the days. LOLz
I remember asking my dad "Can I get around 1500 bucks to buy a computer (Amiga) with the sole purpose of playing videogames ?". "No."

My best friend loves all these 8 and 16bit tunes. So I find myself sitting in his car listening to Megaman, Zelda & stuff for over an hour :p
Reminds me I still need to install Retro Pie and copy all of his ROMs.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hehe, yeah. I took another look too. That game used to look awesome and futuristic back in the days. LOLz
I remember asking my dad "Can I get around 1500 bucks to buy a computer (Amiga) with the sole purpose of playing videogames ?". "No."

My best friend loves all these 8 and 16bit tunes. So I find myself sitting in his car listening to Megaman, Zelda & stuff for over an hour :p
Reminds me I still need to install Retro Pie and copy all of his ROMs.

Okay, that's extremely cool. A single retro game station for under, what, $35 for a Raspberry Pi? Got to love how technology has progressed. Ah, Moore's law...

And on the topic of 8/16-bit music:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Okay, that's extremely cool. A single retro game station for under, what, $35 for a Raspberry Pi? Got to love how technology has progressed. Ah, Moore's law...

Yeah ! Very cool indeed :)
I only got my Pie3 a couple of weeks. I installed Libreelec (for KODI, formerly XBMC, as a media center to play my movies). I love how I can use an app on my smartphone to remote control it. But now my mission is to setup a dual boot Libreelec/Retropie.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah ! Very cool indeed :)
I only got my Pie3 a couple of weeks. I installed Libreelec (for KODI, formerly XBMC, as a media center to play my movies). I love how I can use an app on my smartphone to remote control it. But now my mission is to setup a dual boot Libreelec/Retropie.

Nice! I'm a little unfamiliar with the Raspberry Pi, so correct me if I get my facts wrong, but...why not just use Raspian, and install the software needed for both retro gaming and playing media on the same operating system? I'm assuming that Retro Pie is just a front end for a bunch of software.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Nice! I'm a little unfamiliar with the Raspberry Pi, so correct me if I get my facts wrong, but...why not just use Raspian, and install the software needed for both retro gaming and playing media on the same operating system? I'm assuming that Retro Pie is just a front end for a bunch of software.

Yes correct ! I was considering doing it with Raspian. But I think in the long run I will still use the Pie for Kodi 90% of the time. So I need it to be the default boot option and I want it to instantly launch Kodi the way Libreelec does. Anyway, I'm still going through my options until I actually get to it. Thx!

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Favourite input device is frickin' sausage of power, plebs.

You are OS2-Warp. You're plagued by feelings of abandonment and disgust for your backstabbing step-brother. Oh, what might have been.

Oh.

I have a feeling that 'sausage of power' roughly translates into 'joystick'.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
You are Amiga OS. Ahead of your time. You keep a lot of balls in the air. If only your parents had given you more opportunities to suceed.
Yeah, I'm just gonna lie here... with my balls in the air....... .... all 10000 of them:D

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are Amiga OS. Ahead of your time. You keep a lot of balls in the air. If only your parents had given you more opportunities to suceed.
Yeah, I'm just gonna lie here... with my balls in the air....... .... all 10000 of them:D

You've got good...multitasking capabilities, shall we say? ;)

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[censored] hand gestures not suitable for this forum

Literally though, Amiga OS was apparently one of the first operating systems to have multitasking capabilities. That is, being able to manage multiple programs at the same time.

Still an amusing pun though.

Taibreah

Interesting... :rly???:But, I disagree.

redhat.jpg

Also, what the hell does "Bachelor's degree from a real college" mean? Are there pretend colleges out there? I know it's just a stupid quiz, but, what qualifies as a not-real college? These are questions I need answered, really! :D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do use Mint. *nods in approval*
debian.jpg

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting... :rly???:But, I disagree.

redhat.jpg

Also, what the hell does "Bachelor's degree from a real college" mean? Are there pretend colleges out there? I know it's just a stupid quiz, but, what qualifies as a not-real college? These are questions I need answered, really! :D

I assume it's meant to be talking about one of those 'prestigious' colleges, such as Harvard, as compared to, say, a community college. Keeping in mind that I know next to nothing about how the American tertiary education system works.

Why the disagreement? That's a pretty cool operating system, don't you think?