• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Operating System Are You?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only answer I really felt like "Yeah this is totally me" was the

"If I am going to be windows ME, someone is going to be hurting."

I wasn't so it's ok. I don't know if its a possible answer, but if I had to compare myself to any OS it would be DOS.

If you want me to run something, you'll have to do the work for it.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The only answer I really felt like "Yeah this is totally me" was the

"If I am going to be windows ME, someone is going to be hurting."

I wasn't so it's ok. I don't know if its a possible answer, but if I had to compare myself to any OS it would be DOS.

If you want me to run something, you'll have to do the work for it.

Oh? Then perhaps this operating system might suit you:

gnu_hurd.jpg

I got this result by skipping a few of the questions. Well, if the answers didn't fit...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh? Then perhaps this operating system might suit you:

gnu_hurd.jpg

I got this result by skipping a few of the questions. Well, if the answers didn't fit...

Perfect. :D

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
The new(ish) terminal for Windows? For what reasons?

I mean, if you want a terminal operating system, look no further than Emacs (I'm kidding, I'm kidding...).

Because I'm ridiculously good at it. I'm like one step away from scripting my entire job, and yours prolly too :cheese: j/k
Kudos to Emacs, but I doubt it could do that ;)

Btw next Powershell version runs on linux too (& MacOS)

Linux is less prone to viruses.

That's just a matter of market share isn't it ?
Why would anyone want to make a virus for linux, when most people are running windows.
This is also why there was a huge increase of MacOS viruses over the last decade, while it was also less prone to viruses earlier.

But overall, security is a bit tighter on linux I suppose. (I really that package distribution concept in linux for instance)

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
palm.jpg

Attachments

• palm.jpg
    palm.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 37

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there an equivalent to Cortana and touchscreen capability? Both are a little bit gimmicky, I suppose, but it impresses me nonetheless. The last time I used Linux was way before those kinds of things were at their existing levels of sophistication.
I don't care about voice and touchscreen capability, but I understand that exists in linux-based phone OS's.

Why would anyone want to make a virus for linux, when most people are running windows.
This is also why there was a huge increase of MacOS viruses over the last decade, while it was also less prone to viruses earlier.

But overall, security is a bit tighter on linux I suppose. (I really that package distribution concept in linux for instance)
Market share may be some of it, but I had the impression the OS simply had fewer of the vulnerabilities that malware tends to exploit. (I'm no expert but have heard this from people who are.)

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL

But overall, security is a bit tighter on Linux I suppose. (I really that package distribution concept in linux for instance)
Well there is some truth about market share and security; if nobody uses a system there is not point making a virus.

It is not completely true as in the web server market it is evenly split third each between Linux, Windows, and Unix (non-Linux); also, Linux has a monopoly over supercomputer (do Windows supercomputers even exist?); and Android has about 2/3 of the mobile market. Despite this no Linux or Unix based operating system have half the problems that Windows have in the Laptop/PC market in terms of security.

Justmeonhere

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are GNU/HURD.

"You feel like your life is incomplete. If you answer all of the questions you might get better results"

Pretty strange I daresay...

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are GNU/HURD.

"You feel like your life is incomplete. If you answer all of the questions you might get better results"

Pretty strange I daresay...

How did you even get that result? At least, not on purpose? The only way to get the GNU/HURD result is to miss one of the quiz's questions.

Justmeonhere

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How did you even get that result? At least, not on purpose? The only way to get the GNU/HURD result is to miss one of the quiz's questions.
Great, I've broke the test :D. Maybe I've missed some questions and didn't notice..

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
windows_98.jpg

HOLY SHIT I'M AESTHETIC

a0826227990_10.jpg

Norexan