• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breckenridge Type Indicator

ygolo

My termites win
I've decided I may play in the Enneagram arena for a while. If for no other reason than to break my MBTI stereotyping habbit.

INTJforum had this link:
https://survey.breckenridgeinstitute.com/participantSetup.bi

Anyone else take the assessment?

attachment.php
attachment.php

MBTI Type
ENTP
The Cultivating description sounded like social activism and Transmitting sounded like romantic twaddle. So laugh away, but I'm much more likely to worry about my finances than world peace or not being loved.

edit: Bella just kindly informed that she was pointing out the pun, with the can and..yeah. I'm slow.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
How do you take the test? I cannot figure out how to navigate my way to it.

MBTI Type
ENTP
The link directs you to enter your name and email, then you wait for the invitation. Then you answer 19 pages of questions. Then you wait for your results...all for a glorified enneagram test result.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have my whole 34-page report from the Breckenridge. My highest score was 3, and I'm not a 3 (or 9, a close second score). I'm a 7.

Pat Wyman, who does tons and tons of counseling work around Enneagram and MBTI (her book 3 Keys to Self Understanding is a key resource), says there's really no test out there that hushes MBTI noise and gets at Enneagram. She holds to the tenant that one discovers one's Enneagram type through working through processes with someone knowledgeable.

One of my colleagues worked on the BTI and I know it's not a piece of junk, but a) it's totally off for me and b) the MBTI/Enneagram noise when they're supposed to measure totally different things is really key...

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
34 pages? Just write an autobiography.

I didn't write the pages...the author asked if I wanted to take the official version and that's what got emailed to me. Haven't read it...just flipped through to find the scores, of course...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I didn't write the pages...the author asked if I wanted to take the official version and that's what got emailed to me. Haven't read it...just flipped through to find the scores, of course...
I know. YOU'RE RUINING MY JOKE! :cry:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
We all do, but heroine would make it for the start aswell

substitute still missing :D

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I know. YOU'RE RUINING MY JOKE! :cry:

I knew it was a joke :steam:

I was kinda wondering if the link produced the same lengthy report for everyone, as in he's giving it away right now to create buzz, or what.

Honest, I do have a sense of humor. At least when I'm rested.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I knew it was a joke :steam:

I was kinda wondering if the link produced the same lengthy report for everyone, as in he's giving it away right now to create buzz, or what.

Honest, I do have a sense of humor. At least when I'm rested.

*takes the broom and repeatedly pokes edo's side* :D

ygolo

My termites win
I'm having a really hard time getting to the "essence" of this enneagram thing.

I read the descriptions (both from the enneagram institute, and the report I got from Breckenridge. I could commit that information to memory if I wanted. The MBTI comes down to a few small essential things (and those things are arbritrary in the model), but the Enneagram starts with an awful lot of seemingly arbritrary stuff.

Even if this were an empirical model, it doesn't seem fit for human use--maybe a computer simulation, but I don't see direct practical applications for simulation (even is they were accurate).

Supposedly (according to 16-types.com) the BTI has been validated. I don't know what that means.

EDIT: Mine was only 12 pages long.