• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most Valid Personality Test That Is Free?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Good thing you have a X in your type :laugh:

I always struggle with what's more important justice or mercy.

Yeah and I think it's a stupid question. It depends on the case really. I might be able to feel sympathy for a rapist that was sexually molested throughout his/her childhood by his/her parents, but I still think he/she should go to jail.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP

Mercy, for me. 'Though it took some hefty rationalising to get there.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp

Really? That is probably the easiest for me to answer.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mercy, for me. 'Though it took some hefty rationalising to get there.

You deserve the X after that methinks :D

Anyway the test scored me as INTP again but the IN&T seemed more accurate than usual.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Really? That is probably the easiest for me to answer.

:yes: I see justice as fair but I'd rather forgive than punish so yep, I struggle with it.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Ooh. I like this test.
Your TMPI answers suggest that your type preference is:

INTP

E 5 I 9
S 5 N 9
T 11 F 2
P 10 J 4

:yes: I see justice as fair but I'd rather forgive than punish so yep, I struggle with it.

I always think being merciful to one is being unfair and merciless to the party s/he wronged. *shrug*
Now, if the wronged party is o.k. with the mercy, who am I to quibble?

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am recommending you to use a Big Five test instead. It has far more support in the scientific community than MBTI and it is standard to use in studies like yours. Basically what you get with MBTI is a weaker version of Big Five, especially in statistical studies. If you want your research to have any value at all, use Big Five, or it will be ignored. The best test to use would be NEO PI-R: Revised NEO Personality Inventory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There is also a shortened version named NEO-FFI.

Mole

Permabanned
Psychometric tests are not more valid or more reliable than other psychometric tests - rather a test is valid or invalid and reliable or unreliable in itself.

However to administer a valid and reliable psychometric test to oneself, means the data are contaminated from the very beginning.

And if you want your personality or intelligence quotient or any other aspect of your psyche measured, you need to pay a qualified, professional psychometrician.

In fact you need to pay not one but two independent psychometricians to make sure the result is the same in each case.

However if a Movement encourages you to administer to yourself a test that is invalid and unreliable for free, you know that Movement is a cult.

For instance cults like Scientology offer free bogus personality tests to appeal to the narcissistic.

And cults have their own internal dynamic. They appeal to the felt needs of their members, such as belonging. Cults are impervious to evidence. Oddly enough cults often attract the best and brightest. And cults regard curiosity and dissent as, at first, bad manners then secondly as disloyal and finally as treacherous.

At the deepest level, cults are paranoid. And paranoia, you remember, is psychological preparation to attack.

So caveat emptor.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
INTP

E 3 I 11
S 3 N 11
T 8 F 6
P 11 J 3

I think I test as a stronger Introvert when I'm feeling down though.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP

E 3 I 11
S 3 N 11
T 8 F 6
P 11 J 3

I think I test as a stronger Introvert when I'm feeling down though.

It gave me the accompanying #'s of two other types along with the result too... whats their relevance? can anyone explain/help?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
IXFP

E 3 I 11
S 7 N 7
T 5 F 9
P 9 J 5
I thought I would get this.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL

I've never actually gotten X before. I like this test.

Yah, me too. :smile:

It's given me proof as to why mbti annoys me so much when it comes to fitting myself into one of the 16...

Your TMPI answers suggest that your type preference is:

INXX

E 4 I 10
S 5 N 9
T 7 F 7
P 7 J 7

redacted

However if a Movement encourages you to administer to yourself a test that is invalid and unreliable for free, you know that Movement is a cult.

What "movement" are you talking about? Who's leading this movement? What's the point of it?

You're hella paranoid dude.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
This test seems to do a good job in reminding people of how indecisive they are, :D

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTP

E 4 I 10
S 6 N 8
T 10 F 4
P 8 J 6

I really like this test. The questions thoughtfully ambiguous so you really had to think about it - And weren't always obvious on how they were testing, and the answers varied enough. I felt like I could've chosen either one for a lot of the questions! I just tried not to overthink it and go with my gut instinct.

I'm actually surprised I scored I, T, or P, considering how torn I was on some of the questions. (I'm never surprised either way on the S/N.)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
If you'd have asked me a decade ago, I could've given you a rundown on all the popular tests. I don't take them anymore, so I'm not the man with the data.

If you don't find a good one, I could perhaps write a very short (12 questions probably) test for you. I wrote one like that circa 2000 which worked very well in its limited use, but I no longer have it.

Jack Flak, I would actually be interested in a test like that.
I would definitely want the test to be kind of short to keep a high response rate. (Sending a random group of undergrads emails asking them to take the survey and personality test)..
Thanks in advance!