• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Self Knowledge Questionaire

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rationality

You like clarity and intelligent simplicity and you get frustrated at messy thinking. This can make you seem unreasonably pushy to some, but it is actually a virtue: you are motivated by a horror at pointless effort and a longing for precision and insight into how things and people work. Your ability to synthesise and bring order is essential in producing thinking which is truly helpful.

Shyness

Part of you is gripped by the fear that you’ll launch into something and completely mess it up. The upside of this is wise caution: people are indeed often too rash, whereas you know, by instinct, that holding back can save you. Probably, you feel shame and self-disgust a bit too much. But when you do feel in your element, you act with a wisdom and sensitivity never found in people with thicker skins.

Aggression

One part of your character is anger in all its forms: frustration, outrage – and when anger is suppressed – bitterness, grumpiness, and bodily aches. Fundamentally, frustration comes from hope: you get upset because you expect your life will be more than a valley of tears. One way to deny aggression is to direct it inwards, as self-criticism. But you’re at your best when you acknowledge anger, and act it out clearly and in a focussed way, with honour.

baccheion

RATIONALITY

You like clarity and intelligent simplicity and you get frustrated at messy thinking. This can make you seem unreasonably pushy to some, but it is actually a virtue: you are motivated by a horror at pointless effort and a longing for precision and insight into how things and people work. Your ability to synthesise and bring order is essential in producing thinking which is truly helpful.

SENSITIVITY

You have delicate, sensitive perceptions; you can be deeply moved by appearances – the right light in a room, or good food, or the texture of a piece of clothing. Expressive, intelligent language has a powerful hold on you; your mind works better when it is inspired and provoked by vivid imagery. It can be sad to live in a world which is often so ugly and not properly looked after. But you know that things can be otherwise, and you have the ability to appreciate the world at its best.

ORDERLINESS

You love it when everything is neat and tidy: when there is a proper way of doing things, and you can tick things off the to-do list and know where everything is. So others, at times, are to you unbearably sloppy and messy. And you run into things that can’t be ordered (a child, a partner, a colleague at work) which drives you slightly nuts. But your desire for order is a good one when it is focussed where it is needed and when you’re okay with a bit of mess.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
loyalty, rationality, independence

i am not sure why it chose to place loyalty first... i was annoyed by this: "you stay on someone’s side for more than intellectual reasons – because they feel like a part of who you are."... other people are not a part of who i am (that isn't how my reality works)... loyalty Is rational and it the Best reason for loyalty... maybe i am reading more into this phrase than i should... there are moral reasons, reasons of attachment, and plenty of other reasons also... maybe it is that it feels like they are implying that rationally people shouldn't be loyal... or most likely of all i am just in a shitty mood and making a big deal out of nothing... i liked the test, even if i really wanted a reason to call the author(s?) asshat(s) for a brief moment at the end... oh, and they misspelled recognizing in that section also (which doesn't bother me)... they misspelled another word in my results, but it is in a section i like so i won't point it out (directly at least)...

post script:
there simply aren't enough reasons to use the word asshat in a day... i only "get to" use it a few times a year... it is such a fun word...

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Took this again cause I completely forgot ever taking it until it gave me mu results.

Rationality, Authority, Playfulness

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ambition, Shyness, Playfulness

AMBITION

You have a strong sense of potential and an intense drive to accomplish difficult things. The core of this is your ability to hold together the big goals and the daily efforts. Where other people’s hopes collapse when they encounter the tedium of the journey, you keep coming back. Oddly, it is actually your ability to endure feeling unheroic that counts. You know the power of working away solidly on what’s in front of you.

SHYNESS

Part of you is gripped by the fear that you’ll launch into something and completely mess it up. The upside of this is wise caution: people are indeed often too rash, whereas you know, by instinct, that holding back can save you. Probably, you feel shame and self-disgust a bit too much. But when you do feel in your element, you act with a wisdom and sensitivity never found in people with thicker skins.

PLAYFULNESS

You are good at seeing what’s funny, at relaxing and finding the pleasure of the moment. Play is random, whimsical, fantasy-driven behaviour which releases internal tension. Because it is detached from some pressures it allows you to act on weirder, perhaps neglected, parts of yourself. The downside is that it is no help in sticking with things that are not much fun but which need to be addressed. So it is well complemented by its opposite, Stoicism.

NAPSTABLOOK22

MBTI Type
FUCK
Enneagram
RATIONALITY

ORDERLINESS

You love it when everything is neat and tidy: when there is a proper way of doing things, and you can tick things off the to-do list and know where everything is. So others, at times, are to you unbearably sloppy and messy. And you run into things that can’t be ordered (a child, a partner, a colleague at work) which drives you slightly nuts. But your desire for order is a good one when it is focussed where it is needed and when you’re okay with a bit of mess.

PLAYFULNESS

You are good at seeing what’s funny, at relaxing and finding the pleasure of the moment. Play is random, whimsical, fantasy-driven behaviour which releases internal tension. Because it is detached from some pressures it allows you to act on weirder, perhaps neglected, parts of yourself. The downside is that it is no help in sticking with things that are not much fun but which need to be addressed. So it is well complemented by its opposite, Stoicism.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sensitivity
Playfulness
Defensiveness

Rouskyrie

RATIONALITY

SENSITIVITY

You have delicate, sensitive perceptions; you can be deeply moved by appearances – the right light in a room, or good food, or the texture of a piece of clothing. Expressive, intelligent language has a powerful hold on you; your mind works better when it is inspired and provoked by vivid imagery. It can be sad to live in a world which is often so ugly and not properly looked after. But you know that things can be otherwise, and you have the ability to appreciate the world at its best.

RESILIENCE

You have a tendency, after a setback, to turn your emotions towards restriving. What attracts you is the idea of wiping out a humiliation by resumed action – overcoming weakness, repressing your fear. Because part of your motive is pride, you can sometimes be unwilling to admit weakness or to receive aid. But at heart, tour insistence on coming back and never folding has taught you a valuable pessimism: you know that important journeys are never easy.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
rationality, playfulness and resilience

:shrug:

good enough...

Very interesting. I did not expect reverence to be included at all. I'm surprised sensitivity wasn't higher and shyness wasn't included (I'm like the shyest person ever). I do consider myself independent minded though.

REVERENCE

One part of you dreams of giving yourself up – perhaps just for a while – to a hero or mentor. In the right circumstances you can flourish by letting go of your ego. In your inner life, reverence plays out as a willing submission to your own conscience. In the outside world, you might get frustrated searching for something worth believing in – a country, a person, a company – but you will always be open to feeling respect, admiration and wonder.

INDEPENDENCE

You don’t set out to be different for its own sake; you are more easily guided by what interests and moves you. You are more concerned about what is right for you than about the pressure to fit in. In sex you are more aware than others of impulses which are not entirely conventional. You know the value of selective irresponsibility, of forgetting occasionally about being ‘good’.

SENSITIVITY

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rationality, independence, misanthropy

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Aggression

One part of your character is anger in all its forms: frustration, outrage – and when anger is suppressed – bitterness, grumpiness, and bodily aches. Fundamentally, frustration comes from hope: you get upset because you expect your life will be more than a valley of tears. One way to deny aggression is to direct it inwards, as self-criticism. But you’re at your best when you acknowledge anger, and act it out clearly and in a focussed way, with honour.

For Aggression:

How to Forgive
How to Deal with Conflict
On How to Disagree

Exhibitionism

There’s a strand in your nature which loves making an impression – perhaps with your clothes, or conversation, or in a self-revealing blog or a novel. You like to dramatise yourself, to pose as a unique, perhaps mysterious person, to joke or exaggerate your part in adventures. Though you might more than once have been called a show off, it is actually a generous tendency: you want to please and entertain others. It could be the start of good teaching and leadership.

For Exhibitionism:

Why Comedy Matters
On Charm
Using Sex to Sell

Playfulness

For Playfulness:

On Innovation and Creativity
On the Art of Conversation
Keep Going

Haha, act out my anger. OH hell no, that is one slight that is absolutely unforgivable.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
AMBITION

You have a strong sense of potential and an intense drive to accomplish difficult things. The core of this is your ability to hold together the big goals and the daily efforts. Where other people’s hopes collapse when they encounter the tedium of the journey, you keep coming back. Oddly, it is actually your ability to endure feeling unheroic that counts. You know the power of working away solidly on what’s in front of you.
REVERENCE

One part of you dreams of giving yourself up – perhaps just for a while – to a hero or mentor. In the right circumstances you can flourish by letting go of your ego. In your inner life, reverence plays out as a willing submission to your own conscience. In the outside world, you might get frustrated searching for something worth believing in – a country, a person, a company – but you will always be open to feeling respect, admiration and wonder.

RESILIENCE

You have a tendency, after a setback, to turn your emotions towards restriving. What attracts you is the idea of wiping out a humiliation by resumed action – overcoming weakness, repressing your fear. Because part of your motive is pride, you can sometimes be unwilling to admit weakness or to receive aid. But at heart, tour insistence on coming back and never folding has taught you a valuable pessimism: you know that important journeys are never easy.

I don't think i have ambition, more than i used to the other 2 yeah i guess so.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
REVERENCE

INDEPENDENCE

You don’t set out to be different for its own sake; you are more easily guided by what interests and moves you. You are more concerned about what is right for you than about the pressure to fit in. In sex you are more aware than others of impulses which are not entirely conventional. You know the value of selective irresponsibility, of forgetting occasionally about being ‘good’.

SENSITIVITY

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Ew. This quiz uses shyness and cautiousness synonymously. Fucking gross.

Rationality and Misanthropy were the other two.

Is shyness not just caution around people?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Is shyness not just caution around people?

"Shy" implies that the basis for reservation is timidity, social anxiety, self consciousness, or a general lack of self confidence when engaging other people.

It seems disingenuous to assume that all withdrawn or introverted personalities are the result of shyness. A similar issue would be the assumption that all outgoing or extroverted personalities result from histrionism.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rationality

Reverence

Shyness

Hahaha! I'm the epitome of messy thinking. Ah, but perhaps that's the thing--I'm frustrated with my own messy thinking. But I believe the last sentence in Rationality (arrogant thing that I am! ;) ).

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
REVERENCE

One part of you dreams of giving yourself up – perhaps just for a while – to a hero or mentor. In the right circumstances you can flourish by letting go of your ego. In your inner life, reverence plays out as a willing submission to your own conscience. In the outside world, you might get frustrated searching for something worth believing in – a country, a person, a company – but you will always be open to feeling respect, admiration and wonder. (I don't know why is this one the first one, it does have a value in my life, but I wouldn't put it on the top)

INDEPENDENCE

You don’t set out to be different for its own sake; you are more easily guided by what interests and moves you. You are more concerned about what is right for you than about the pressure to fit in. In sex you are more aware than others of impulses which are not entirely conventional. You know the value of selective irresponsibility, of forgetting occasionally about being ‘good’. (This one should've been on the top.)

SENSITIVITY

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
"Shy" implies that the basis for reservation is timidity, social anxiety, self consciousness, or a general lack of self confidence when engaging other people.

It seems disingenuous to assume that all withdrawn or introverted personalities are the result of shyness. A similar issue would be the assumption that all outgoing or extroverted personalities result from histrionism.

No, it does not does not imply it. It is, the literary definition.

" being reserved or having or showing nervousness or timidity in the company of other people.
"I was pretty shy at school"
synonyms: bashful, diffident, farouche, timid, sheepish, reserved, reticent, introverted, retiring, self-effacing, withdrawn, timorous, mousy, nervous, insecure, unconfident, inhibited, repressed, self-conscious, embarrassed

Shy | Definition of Shy by Merriam-Webster

Shyness | Psychology Today

You must have some history for hating such an inoccuous word so much. It's none of my business but I can understand that but you'd save yourself a lot of frustration if you'd accept that you are the one insisting the word means what it does not.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, it does not does not imply it. It is, the literary definition.

" being reserved or having or showing nervousness or timidity in the company of other people.
"I was pretty shy at school"
synonyms: bashful, diffident, farouche, timid, sheepish, reserved, reticent, introverted, retiring, self-effacing, withdrawn, timorous, mousy, nervous, insecure, unconfident, inhibited, repressed, self-conscious, embarrassed

Shy | Definition of Shy by Merriam-Webster

Shyness | Psychology Today

You must have some history for hating such an inoccuous word so much. It's none of my business but I can understand that but you'd save yourself a lot of frustration if you'd accept that you are the one insisting the word means what it does not.

The definition you just pasted literally includes the words timid, insecure, unconfident, and self conscious as synonyms.

I'm confused about where the disagreement is.