• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which of the 5 Love Languages are You?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Which of the 5 Love Languages are You? | PlayBuzz

Physical Touch

22400984-2570-4e0b-8bdc-1147eb9e3e91.jpg

In relationships, you thrive most when you receive a lot of physical affection from your partner. It doesn't necessarily have to be lovemaking (although that is a way you strongly connect with your loved one); you feel most secure and loved when your partner gives you hugs, comes up to you for no reason to kiss you, and dotes on you physically. Chances are highly likely that this is how you show your love to your partner in a relationship. You still love to spend quality time with your partner, and verbal praise is important to you as well. Who doesn't love a bouquet of fresh flowers, or a romantic dinner? Out of the five love languages you simply thrive most with a partner who is physically affectionate and loves to cuddle and be intimate often. Now, share this knowledge with your partner so he/she knows how to love you best!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Words of affirmation followed closely by physical touch

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quality time>physical touch> acts of service> gifts> words of affirmation

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For receiving, I enjoy quality time/acts of service
For giving, I do a lot of words of affirmation but I am neutral on receiving it

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quality Time/Words of Affirmation

So you got a mix... not a surprise! Most people in fact need a mixture of love languages, and this combination fits you best. You thrive from quality time with your partner. It could mean a picnic for just the two of you (without distractions), so you can spend special time together, or it could be something smaller, like your partner turning the TV off when you walk in the door, to spend time with you after a hard day at work. It is highly likely that you are the one currently, who plans special time for you and your partner, because it is one way you feel most loved in a relationship. The other way in which you feel most loved is by verbal praise and affirmations from your partner. You need to be told, fairly often, that you are important, and why. Combine the two acts together and you are in heaven! So the next time your loved one asks you what he/she can do for you... tell him/her, "Plan some special quality time for us and write down 10 reasons why you love me." If your partner already loves you in the ways you need, perhaps share this quiz with him/her to understand if you are loving your partner in the ways he/she needs to be most loved!

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Quality time is essencial. Then I'd say "words of affirmation" and finally "physical touch" (lightly.. I mean, I feel raped when people play with my hair).

Gifts and acts of service are two I may like to do for others but I don't like others doing for me. I hate gifts and I don't like to feel an enslaver: I don't own my partner, so there's no reason why he should do things for me, not even buying coffee. I buy my own stuff and splitting the bill is mandatory. I'm quite a handful.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Acts of Service followed by Quality Time.

AmiBright1507

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I really value quality time, but feel a bit awkward with praises. Physical touch is #2 in my list. :hug:

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physical Touch

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Words of Affirmation
You need words of praise, and often. You thrive most in a relationship where your partner tells you often how important you are to him/her and expresses love through verbal and written praise. To you it never gets old hearing, "I love you, you are beautiful, and so very strong." But other words of praise are needed to. When you do something special for your partner, you do best when he/she acknowledges your action with a thank you, and verbal acknowledgement of how special that was for him or her. Chances are highly likely that you give a lot of verbal praise to your partner (and loved ones), because this is how you feel most loved yourself.

Yup. I fall apart with stinging words.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can tell you right away my top one is quality time. Not sure where the rest fall in order.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Quality Time is #1, by a long shot. Followed by a tie between physical touch and gifts. Words of affirmation is last.

I think it's important to note that your top languages can be different based on the type of relationship. With platonic friends, touch is near the bottom and gifts are much higher.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
words of affirmation

baccheion

Quality Time

You do best in a relationship when your partner spends quality time with you. We all know that feeling of getting comfortable in a relationship, and noticing the romance slipping away. For you, you feel most loved when your partner sets aside special time for you, and takes the initiative to plan something out of the ordinary. It's not to say you don't need verbal praise or physical affection in your relationship, you most certainly do! You just feel most cared for when your partner can turn that TV off and be truly present with you! Chances are likely that you plan things for you and your partner, like date nights, and trips, because you need the quality time with him/her. Now is your chance to let him/her in on the secret that you would like him/her to plan quality time for you both! Share this quiz so your partner can better understand how you need to be loved, and learn his/her unique love language too!

Personal ranking:

1. Quality time
2. Words of Affirmation
3. Physical Touch
4. Acts of Service
5. Gifts

As far as giving is concerned, I'm most comfortable/fluid/frequent with quality time, acts of service, and physical touch. It's a common complaint in the direction of INTPs for there to be insufficient "words of affirmation," and I'm one among those that could be accused. That is, while I can do it fairly well, it's very unlikely I'd want to or be able to get myself to do it as often as the other person would like/need. Gifts are just not something I actively think about (and I wouldn't be about doing it, unless the person I'm explicitly enjoys/needs it), and would be something that happens once in a long while when the urge and opportunity fall into place.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aren't physical touch, words of praise and selfless acts of service implicit in quality time?:D

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
aren't physical touch, words of praise and selfless acts of service implicit in quality time?:D
Not at all. I consider a lively debate/discussion to be very good quality time, and it requires none of the above. Quality time just means that the two of you, whether intimate partners or friends, focus on each other to the almost complete exlusion of everything else.

This is my preferred love language by far, with acts of service next, followed by physical touch.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not at all. I consider a lively debate/discussion to be very good quality time, and it requires none of the above. Quality time just means that the two of you, whether intimate partners or friends, focus on each other to the almost complete exlusion of everything else.

This is my preferred love language by far, with acts of service next, followed by physical touch.

I know, I know! I agree 100%. :)
How do I say this!!! *covers face with her hands*

What I said would be understood by someone like myself who has a bit of a one-track mind! Maybe I should have included a wink at the end instead of a smile!;)

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quality Time

Setting aside special time to be with one another, and the occasional gift giving. Then more time together privately. Basically what is most valuable.

Last edited:

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got a mix

Physical Touch/Words of Affirmation