• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which of the 5 Love Languages are You?

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
physical touch≥quality time>words of affirmation>acts of service≥gifts

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Acts of Service

The best way to describe this distinct love language is by "showing love through action." You thrive most in a relationship where your partner does special things for you often, and sometimes out of the blue. It could be by helping you around the house with cleaning or by cooking, or by doing something more romantic, like taking you on a surprise get away to a city you both love. Acts of service can be simple and small... It is the gesture that makes you feel most loved. Who doesn't love a bouquet of fresh flowers (picked from the park), or a cup of hot tea- your favorite! It's not to say you don't need verbal praise or physical affection... you just need acts of service more. You most likely do unexpected and kind things for your partner, because this is how you like to receive love the most yourself. So... is your partner doing these acts of service? Now that you know, let him/her in on the secret so you can have a greater sense of intimacy!

Stergios

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Physical Touch

In relationships, you thrive most when you receive a lot of physical affection from your partner. It doesn't necessarily have to be lovemaking (although that is a way you strongly connect with your loved one); you feel most secure and loved when your partner gives you hugs, comes up to you for no reason to kiss you, and dotes on you physically. Chances are highly likely that this is how you show your love to your partner in a relationship. You still love to spend quality time with your partner, and verbal praise is important to you as well. Who doesn't love a bouquet of fresh flowers, or a romantic dinner? Out of the five love languages you simply thrive most with a partner who is physically affectionate and loves to cuddle and be intimate often. Now, share this knowledge with your partner so he/she knows how to love you best!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Quality time above everything else. Acts of service and physical touch - those can flip flop in importance.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Physical Touch

In relationships, you thrive most when you receive a lot of physical affection from your partner. It doesn't necessarily have to be lovemaking (although that is a way you strongly connect with your loved one); you feel most secure and loved when your partner gives you hugs, comes up to you for no reason to kiss you, and dotes on you physically. Chances are highly likely that this is how you show your love to your partner in a relationship. You still love to spend quality time with your partner, and verbal praise is important to you as well. Who doesn't love a bouquet of fresh flowers, or a romantic dinner? Out of the five love languages you simply thrive most with a partner who is physically affectionate and loves to cuddle and be intimate often. Now, share this knowledge with your partner so he/she knows how to love you best!

I want what I clearly lack the most in life. It's no brainer.

Ingrid in grids

Unsure how to view the hierarchy of results...

I got Quality Time/Words of Affirmation.

5 Love Languages Quiz said:
So you got a mix... not a surprise! Most people in fact need a mixture of love languages, and this combination fits you best. You thrive from quality time with your partner. It could mean a picnic for just the two of you (without distractions), so you can spend special time together, or it could be something smaller, like your partner turning the TV off when you walk in the door, to spend time with you after a hard day at work. It is highly likely that you are the one currently, who plans special time for you and your partner, because it is one way you feel most loved in a relationship. The other way in which you feel most loved is by verbal praise and affirmations from your partner. You need to be told, fairly often, that you are important, and why. Combine the two acts together and you are in heaven! So the next time your loved one asks you what he/she can do for you... tell him/her, "Plan some special quality time for us and write down 10 reasons why you love me." If your partner already loves you in the ways you need, perhaps share this quiz with him/her to understand if you are loving your partner in the ways he/she needs to be most loved!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quality Time

050b023f-6557-4d13-8461-c62763eab627.jpg

You do best in a relationship when your partner spends quality time with you. We all know that feeling of getting comfortable in a relationship, and noticing the romance slipping away. For you, you feel most loved when your partner sets aside special time for you, and takes the initiative to plan something out of the ordinary. It's not to say you don't need verbal praise or physical affection in your relationship, you most certainly do! You just feel most cared for when your partner can turn that TV off and be truly present with you! Chances are likely that you plan things for you and your partner, like date nights, and trips, because you need the quality time with him/her. Now is your chance to let him/her in on the secret that you would like him/her to plan quality time for you both!

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Acts of Service

The best way to describe this distinct love language is by "showing love through action." You thrive most in a relationship where your partner does special things for you often, and sometimes out of the blue. It could be by helping you around the house with cleaning or by cooking, or by doing something more romantic, like taking you on a surprise get away to a city you both love. Acts of service can be simple and small... It is the gesture that makes you feel most loved. Who doesn't love a bouquet of fresh flowers (picked from the park), or a cup of hot tea- your favorite! It's not to say you don't need verbal praise or physical affection... you just need acts of service more. You most likely do unexpected and kind things for your partner, because this is how you like to receive love the most yourself. So... is your partner doing these acts of service? Now that you know, let him/her in on the secret so you can have a greater sense of intimacy!

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uncomfy to take as a perpetually single person.

Quality Time

You do best in a relationship when your partner spends quality time with you. We all know that feeling of getting comfortable in a relationship, and noticing the romance slipping away. For you, you feel most loved when your partner sets aside special time for you, and takes the initiative to plan something out of the ordinary. It's not to say you don't need verbal praise or physical affection in your relationship, you most certainly do! You just feel most cared for when your partner can turn that TV off and be truly present with you! Chances are likely that you plan things for you and your partner, like date nights, and trips, because you need the quality time with him/her. Now is your chance to let him/her in on the secret that you would like him/her to plan quality time for you both! Share this quiz so your partner can better understand how you need to be loved, and learn his/her unique love language too!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Physical Touch/Words of Affirmation

So you don't quite fit into one category, who knew? Most people need a mixture of the love languages, and yours is in needing verbal praise/affirmations from your partner and physical intimacy as well. You thrive most in a relationship where your partner gives you a fair amount of verbal praise and words of affirmation (for example; "You are so important to me," and "I appreciate all that you do"). Equally you need your partner to dote on you physically. You probably notice that at certain times you need more of one than the other. Chances are more than good that you show your love to your partner by these two methods. Giving and receiving physical affection can be romantic or not... hugs and cuddling are just as important as sexual intimacy (sometimes more so). And words of praise can come in a card or a note that your loved one leaves you before he/she takes off to work. Now, does your partner know all of this? Share this quiz and he/she will know, and you can learn his/her unique love language!

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Quality Time/Words of Affirmation :wubbie:

So you got a mix... not a surprise! Most people in fact need a mixture of love languages, and this combination fits you best. You thrive from quality time with your partner. It could mean a picnic for just the two of you (without distractions), so you can spend special time together, or it could be something smaller, like your partner turning the TV off when you walk in the door, to spend time with you after a hard day at work. It is highly likely that you are the one currently, who plans special time for you and your partner, because it is one way you feel most loved in a relationship. The other way in which you feel most loved is by verbal praise and affirmations from your partner. You need to be told, fairly often, that you are important, and why. Combine the two acts together and you are in heaven! So the next time your loved one asks you what he/she can do for you... tell him/her, "Plan some special quality time for us and write down 10 reasons why you love me." If your partner already loves you in the ways you need, perhaps share this quiz with him/her to understand if you are loving your partner in the ways he/she needs to be most loved!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't need a test. I know the answers.

Touch > Quality Time > Words of affirmation > Acts of service >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gift giving.

Also, I think there should be a sixth love language, the love language of refraining from doing things you know makes your partner uncomfortable. If that were one of them it would probably be in second place for me.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't need a test. I know the answers.

Touch > Quality Time > Words of affirmation > Acts of service >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gift giving.

Also, I think there should be a sixth love language, the love language of refraining from doing things you know makes your partner uncomfortable. If that were one of them it would probably be in second place for me.

look we're compatible! :p

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just know that after saying that, if you give me a gift, I am going to go berserk.

I don't comprehend gift giving that well tbh. Like, I do buy things for my mom but it comes from some sentimental thing usually. Otherwise my "gifts" are really just handmade art projects inspired by you. XD Is that still too much? If I write you a song and sing it to you will you hate me? XD

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me it's physical touch far and away and yet strangely could not ever find it. I think it is because my partners were intelligent and cerebral. Everything else I can make up for in other relationships and nothing else is as important to me anyway. I have the unfortunate combination of being hyper-intimate and strongly kinesthetic. I can't be promiscuous because it's funneled through a strong emotional filter. It feels like virtually no humans are like me. My first partner was the only one I had really known at that point, and we were both in a religion that didn't allow sex before marriage, so that's how that mismatch happened. Then the second one spoke wonderfully about it and was very physical at first, but then cut me off almost completely for years. The third one I chose thinking he was very physical because he was laid back and more earthy, less cerebral, and I shouldn't entirely complain about him because he was within normal bounds, but was still a mismatch. I wasn't allowed to touch him after dinner because his food needed to settle. (btw I was very gentle, so it's not like I was attacking him and body slamming him or anything) When we had wine and I would forget, over a couple of weeks it would build up to devastation for me. Then I would snap out of wanting to touch him during the day, but then more wine and time, and it would build up, I'd get shot down, embarrassed and then finally hurt enough to not want to, and then we would do it again. He was the most physically demonstrative. They were all very dainty and withholding. meh

So I gave up and now I dance
:bunnyd:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't comprehend gift giving that well tbh. Like, I do buy things for my mom but it comes from some sentimental thing usually. Otherwise my "gifts" are really just handmade art projects inspired by you. XD Is that still too much? If I write you a song and sing it to you will you hate me? XD

That's approaching a metaphysical question. Is a song a thing? And if it is not a thing, is it a gift? According to this typology, the answer to the second question would be no; clearly this definition of gift means only ontologically real objects. The first question remains unanswered, though.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's approaching a metaphysical question. Is a song a thing? And if it is not a thing, is it a gift? According to this typology, the answer to the second question would be no; clearly this definition of gift means only ontologically real objects. The first question remains unanswered, though.

I feel like making my partner an artistic music is more of acts of affection and affirmation rather than real "gift giving" as it is not always something tangible that can be used in any fashion.