• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are You a Feminist? [Blogthings]

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are You a Feminist?

- - - Updated - - -

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You are 94% Feminist.

You are a total feminist. This doesn't mean you're a man hater (in fact, you may be a man).
You just think that men and women should be treated equally. It's a simple idea but somehow complicated for the world to put into action.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
You Are 60% Feminist

You aren't a total traditionalist when it comes to gender roles. But you're no feminist either.
You generally think that women should be treated as equals, but you're not convinced the world should be gender neutral.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
75% Feminist

You are certainly a feminist - whether you know it or not.
You believe in gender equality, at least most of the time. You also believe there are a few exceptions.

I'd probably say 75% egalitarian instead.

An addendum to my answers:

Women should be economically and socially independent. They shouldn't rely on men to take care of them.

Of course. This includes forcing men to give women resources based on gender differences.

There is no such thing as a "man's job." It is wrong for men to be given preference for any job position, even if women traditionally aren't in that field.

There are exceptions. In fields where the physical differences between men and women are irrelevant then I agree (most medical professions for example). In fields where physical differences are a key difference then I don't see a reason to throw away common sense here. If someone was producing a movie docudrama about a famous woman then obviously they'd want to cast women for the role of the main character in the same way a movie based on a famous man would accept only male applicants for the main role.

Construction work is another field where men, preferably physically strong men, are preferred. This means that not only would men be selected over women but a physically stronger/experienced man would be preferred over a physically weaker one. Also, women don't apply for these jobs too often. I've been on construction sites before and while the manual labor barely had any women a few of the architects were women.

Men and women should be held to the same sexual standards. If men can sleep around without judgment, women should be able to as well.

It's a fallacy to assume men can sleep around without judgement. Is it true that most men hit on women while these men gloat about how many women they've slept with? Sure there's definitely slutty men and women but any self respecting woman I know would distance herself from a dude that sleeps around a lot and lose a lot of initial attraction for them.

Women should take an equal role in dating. Women should ask out people they are interested in and take their turn in paying.

I agree. I would look for equality in terms of common sense, not gender. If I make significantly more than the woman I'm dating then I wouldn't mind paying more so long as it's proportional. I agree with both parties contributing a proportionate amount of resources. If I'm dating a woman that makes 5x more than me then it wouldn't bother me in the least if she spends more raw money on us so long as what we both spend is proportional to what we make. I think in a lot of cases high income men and women would hesitate to date someone that makes 5x less than them and would probably prefer someone in the same economic class. :shrug:

Women should be encouraged to pursue education as much as men are.

In Western countries I think they are already. In fact, I think women have a more clustered population in higher learning then men.

Women earned majority of doctoral degrees in 2014 for 6th straight year, and outnumber men in grad school 136 to 100 - AEI | Carpe Diem Blog >> AEIdeas

By this metric women seem to be doing pretty good and generally better than men unless some feminists are still pissed off than men earn doctorates in higher quantities in fields like physical sciences, business, and engineering.

Women should have legal, easy access to all types of birth control - including the morning after pill.

Absolutely if they are willing to pay for it.

You would support a woman for president (if you agreed with her politics).

Of course but I'd love to see a much more capable and honest woman than Hillary Clinton

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
80% since I never pick the strong options for anything .

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
75% Feminist

You are certainly a feminist - whether you know it or not.
You believe in gender equality, at least most of the time. You also believe there are a few exceptions.

I'd probably say 75% egalitarian instead.

An addendum to my answers:

Of course. This includes forcing men to give women resources based on gender differences.

There are exceptions. In fields where the physical differences between men and women are irrelevant then I agree (most medical professions for example). In fields where physical differences are a key difference then I don't see a reason to throw away common sense here. If someone was producing a movie docudrama about a famous woman then obviously they'd want to cast women for the role of the main character in the same way a movie based on a famous man would accept only male applicants for the main role.

Construction work is another field where men, preferably physically strong men, are preferred. This means that not only would men be selected over women but a physically stronger/experienced man would be preferred over a physically weaker one. Also, women don't apply for these jobs too often. I've been on construction sites before and while the manual labor barely had any women a few of the architects were women.

It's a fallacy to assume men can sleep around without judgement. Is it true that most men hit on women while these men gloat about how many women they've slept with? Sure there's definitely slutty men and women but any self respecting woman I know would distance herself from a dude that sleeps around a lot and lose a lot of initial attraction for them.

I agree. I would look for equality in terms of common sense, not gender. If I make significantly more than the woman I'm dating then I wouldn't mind paying more so long as it's proportional. I agree with both parties contributing a proportionate amount of resources. If I'm dating a woman that makes 5x more than me then it wouldn't bother me in the least if she spends more raw money on us so long as what we both spend is proportional to what we make. I think in a lot of cases high income men and women would hesitate to date someone that makes 5x less than them and would probably prefer someone in the same economic class. :shrug:

In Western countries I think they are already. In fact, I think women have a more clustered population in higher learning then men.

Women earned majority of doctoral degrees in 2014 for 6th straight year, and outnumber men in grad school 136 to 100 - AEI | Carpe Diem Blog >> AEIdeas

By this metric women seem to be doing pretty good and generally better than men unless some feminists are still pissed off than men earn doctorates in higher quantities in fields like physical sciences, business, and engineering.

Absolutely if they are willing to pay for it.

Of course but I'd love to see a much more capable and honest woman than Hillary Clinton

lol I think you Ti'd too hard.

I exited out before I saw my exact percentage, but the description was the same as Cold's so yeah. Feminists tend to get a bad wrap becuase of all the tumlrettes and man haters, but I'm a total 100% feminist when it comes down to what it actually means.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are You a Feminist?
I initially ignored this due to your estimation of bias in the questions, then decided to check it out for myself. Exactly what bias do you see there? I can easily answer "yes" to every question. If we replace "woman" with "man" in every question, I can still easily answer "yes". I don't see a problem.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I initially ignored this due to your estimation of bias in the questions, then decided to check it out for myself. Exactly what bias do you see there? I can easily answer "yes" to every question. If we replace "woman" with "man" in every question, I can still easily answer "yes". I don't see a problem.

I don't know, it is very hard to explain. It's like they try and hook you into this "if you don't agree with this you are a misogynist" bind which is so unfair. I have some criticism towards feminism as a whole, but that does not mean I want women to live like those in truly oppressive countries.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know, it is very hard to explain. It's like they try and hook you into this "if you don't agree with this you are a misogynist" bind which is so unfair. I have some criticism towards feminism as a whole, but that does not mean I want women to live like those in truly oppressive countries.
I suppose some people would say it should be obvious, that men and women should have the same rights, responsibilities, and opportunities. Sometimes the right thing to do really is that simple.

I applied my own personal test for gender bias: switch genders and see if it still makes sense. If it does then that's a pretty good sign it is free of gender bias. If it doesn't, then I look for whether there is a reason for the bias. Medical necessity (who gets pap smears)? Historical validity (costumes worn by reenacters)? Artistic merit (complementary parts in a dance)? Good fun (women vs. men Trivial Pursuit)? I catch myself sometimes, and then examine my reactions.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], that's actually a great idea. I'll try and do that from now on. I suppose I am just a little bitter from the extremists who blatantly hate men and then use the feminist label as a shield to cover their bigotry. Sexism is disgusting no matter where its fired at.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. xD

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
You Are 53% Feminist

You aren't a total traditionalist when it comes to gender roles. But you're no feminist either.
You generally think that women should be treated as equals, but you're not convinced the world should be gender neutral.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
70%

"You are certainly a feminist - whether you know it or not. You believe in gender equality, at least most of the time. You also believe there are a few exceptions."

Because I believe that sexual promiscuity is immoral, whether or not it's practiced by a man or a woman. I also believe that abortion is immoral, and I don't believe that everyone can or should have children. I also don't agree with the obnoxious methods some feminists use to spread their ideas. That's it. Otherwise I would have been 100% feminist.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are 100% feminist!

You are a total feminist. This doesn't mean you're a man hater (in fact, you may be a man).
You just think that men and women should be treated equally. It's a simple idea but somehow complicated for the world to put into action.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
65% feminist

Lark

I think so but I know plenty of people who'd say I'm not. I'm alright with that.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because I believe that sexual promiscuity is immoral, whether or not it's practiced by a man or a woman. I also believe that abortion is immoral, and I don't believe that everyone can or should have children. I also don't agree with the obnoxious methods some feminists use to spread their ideas. That's it. Otherwise I would have been 100% feminist.
Obnoxious methods can overshadow the best of messages and intentions, and not just with gender equity.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
You Are 51% Feminist

Whoa something weird is happening to me today.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The hilarious thing (to me) is that my 100% score was the result of sincere answers but no one on this forum is ever going to believe it. :D

I could believe you got a high score, certainly. As far as I've seen of you its consistent with your own unique way of understanding things.
It is an "are you an egalitarian" test, really.

Their is a really huge overlap between being a true egalitarian and being a feminist.

I'm 96% feminist. Some of the prompts were a bit oddly phrased. For example, "Women should accept their bodies as they are. Women should not have to conform to wacky beauty ideals." Should implies have to, women don't have to accept their bodies as they are. The same on this prompt, "Women should be economically and socially independent. They shouldn't rely on men to take care of them." Both men and women should have the opportunity to be supported, even financially etc, if that is an acceptable agreement to the other party.

But maybe I'm just being pedantic.