• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Triads Quiz

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
From your results spread, it looks like you identified strongly with the Head center (567), withdrawn social style (459), and Positive Outlook (279) harmonics triads. Withdrawn is mutually exclusive with Compliant (126) and Positive is mutually exclusive with Reactive (468) which likely contributed to your diminished 6 result.

Head center is definitely correct, but it looks like that incorrectly inflated my 7 score. Positive Outlook is definitely the biggest miss. I identify with the extremes, and not with 279. I'm a phobic Six; 8 and 9 are probably the types most foreign to me. My Nine score is high, and it really shouldn't be. My tritype is either 6-1-2 or 6-1-4. It's hard for me to distinguish confidently, because I don't feel much connection to the Heart triad.

I thought withdrawn was opposite from assertive (378), not compliant?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I thought withdrawn was opposite from assertive (378), not compliant?

Assertive (378), Compliant (126), and Withdrawn (459) make up the Hornevian/Social Styles triad.

Scoring particularly high in one will have a diminishing effect on the types in the other two. It's still possible to recoup those lost points through other triad IDs though.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My results were a bit surprising since I usually score as 9w1 in every other test I have taken

One 86%
Three 86%
Six 86%
Seven 86%
Two 80%
Five 72%
Nine 42%
Eight 40%
Four 14%

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From the PMs with answer choices I've gotten so far, it looks like question 5 is the primary cause of the high reactive scores. I also made a slight error in the triad computation with that one so...heh.

Now that I'm back from picking fresh blackberries, I'll get right on those PM breakdowns.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My results were a bit surprising since I usually score as 9w1 in every other test I have taken

One 86%
Three 86%
Six 86%
Seven 86%
Two 80%
Five 72%
Nine 42%
Eight 40%
Four 14%

Wow. You are the only person (that I know of ) to have scored a 4-way tie. I even think I can predict exactly which answers you choose from the cleanness of this distribution. All Compliant (126), All Adaptive (369), All Competency (135), an even distribution for Heart, Head, and Body Centres, along with the Distraction Expression group that is part of the messed up Q5. I would love to see your actual answers and see how close I am.

Starry

If anyone wants to know definitively how their specific answer choices contributed to their triad results, PM me what you picked for questions 3-15 and I will give you a more thorough breakdown. Doing so will also allow me to use my l33t Excel skills to see which answers are being disproportionately picked by people whose self-identified core type is "out of triad".

[MENTION=22089]ESFJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] [MENTION=26997]CitizenErased[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] [MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION] [MENTION=28246]Purplemoon[/MENTION] [MENTION=17945]Alaska[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] [MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24829]Masokissed[/MENTION] [MENTION=22264]Bush Did 9/11[/MENTION] [MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION] [MENTION=24824]Kas[/MENTION] [MENTION=26953]Reborn Relic[/MENTION] [MENTION=20573]Dewstring[/MENTION] [MENTION=9256]burymecloser[/MENTION] [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

Which essential quality do you feel is most out of balance?

My identity and the ability to prove my worth
My inner guidance and the ability to support myself
My self-expression and the way I assert my desires

**I don't have concerns about my inner guidance as it pertains to the emotional and spiritual realms but the physical world has never been a place I wholly trust in.

How do you compensate for your lack of balance?

By taking stock of the things that make me who I am.
By seeking experience and sources of self-confidence
By presevering my autonomy in the face of restrictions

How do you respond to stressors?

I often overreact
I often direct my attention elsewhere
I often underreact

Which problems plague you?

Shame and finding purpose
Anxiety and compulsive thinking
Anger and feeling restricted

How do you see to your needs?

I go after what I want.
I prove that I am deserving.
I do without.

How do you contribute to a project?

By getting things going (though I don’t always see it through).
By creating structure and working diligently (though I sometimes lose track of the bigger picture).
By refining ideas and their applications (though sometimes I refrain from sharing my thoughts).

How do you respond when your needs aren’t being met?

I insist (until I get what I want).
I compromise (because something is better than nothing)
I leave (since there's nothing to stick around for)

How do you deal with conflict?

I get worked up.
I avoid it.
I solve the problem.

How do you convince others that you are right?

I brute force my opinion and express my thoughts intensely. I want to know where people stand.
I appeal to their own desires and motivations. I want to find the common ground between our positions.
I present the relevant information with minimal embellishment. I want to focus on completing the task efficiently.

When it comes to conflict resolution, what often gets in your way?

I tend to assume the worst. Some might call me paranoid.
I deny or delay the inevitable. Some might call me naive.
I do not see the point of bonding. Some might say that I lack empathy.

How do you try to relate to others?

I adapt to what they want or what makes interaction go more smoothly.
I focus on people who agree with my ideals and ignore everyone else.
I contribute my own gifts, skills, and resources to aid their cause.

**Answer 2 or B...while phrased in the negative (ignore)...this is one of those answers that is likely to identify your sx doms.

How do you gauge your values?

I attach to things that I perceive as good and try to remain consistent.
I engage the things that show the most promise and move on when they don't bear fruit.
By seeking out things that do not demand more than I am willing to give.

If you had to give up one thing for the promise of happiness it would be:

My awareness of who I am and what I desire.
My current object of intrigue.
My sensitivities and others' attempts to help me.

And all that got me...
Enneagram Triads Quiz
Your Result: Six

86%
People of enneatype Six are essentially insecure— as though life has never quite provided them with a proper footing, as though there existed nothing, either internally or externally, which could serve as a solid foundation. The type Six fixation is therefore deeply and fundamentally existential, and there exists at the core of enneatype Six a tight knot of anxiety, an essential disquietude, and a deep seated desire to find something or someone stable enough in which to place some trust. Given this essential dynamic, it is not surprising to find that Sixes have core issues centering around the contrast between faith and skepticism, trust and distrust, and the legitimate exercise of authority versus the abuse and misuse of power. All Sixes share these core issues, but they respond to them in quite a wide variety of ways, making type Six the most variegated of all the enneatypes and the most difficult by far to describe with specificity. (source: oceanmoonshine9)

81%Eight

68%Four

49%Seven

39%Three

28%Five

19%One

18%Two

9%Nine

Starry

Whoops... I came back to say Hawthorne...that if you are a strong sx dom... That is going to be the primary enneagram related feature about the person. It will take precedence over the core...the triads...the sub-wings haha...all that crazy stuff. :wink:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Results:
Eight - 91%
Seven - 74%
Four - 74%
One - 62%
Six - 62%
Three- 50%
Five- 36%
Two- 34%
Nine- 24%

Not going to lie, while I am certain that I am a textbook 2w3, I have no idea if my tritype is 278 or 287. My gut and head centers are so even that I have a hard time telling. Even though this test wasn't for finding tritype, it was still insightful in that regard.

Hm... I'm noticing a pattern with tests. When I take [good] MBTI tests, I always get ENTP. At first it confused me, but from what I've seen, I have pretty strong Te compared to other ENFPs. Maybe it is like that for enneagram as well? I wish hand gestures translated through text because my words would make way more sense if you saw the primal arm movements I was making.

My answers:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] I'll PM you the breakdown once I finish this last one.

And last night while I was battering up some chicken strips to enjoy with garden grown potato fries, I think I figured out another way to account for Sx reactivity along with other instinct overlap in the results. That plus the planned revisions to Q5 will hopefully fix the weirdly inflated 4, 6, and 8 scores people are getting.

Also, it appears that the Positive Outlook response for Q11 is being disproportionately picked by everyone regardless of ID'd type. I'll keep an eye on it but don't plan on changing right now since it doesn't appear to have negatively impacted the Reactive and Competency outcomes that much.

[MENTION=27952]sarcasmsunshine[/MENTION] When I saw the 8 result I immediately looked to your listed type and saw the sx/so. At the moment, the quiz is inflating people's Reactive (468) triad scores especially for sx-first and seconds. I have a few fixes planned for it already. Otherwise, it looks like Frustration Object Relations was another big factor in your result. I'll PM your breakdown after I complete Starry's.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
77%Six

68%Five

58%Four

49%Seven

39%Nine

36%Two

28%One

27%Eight

19%Three

That thing we knew,

that we garnered before,

It's back to the head,

As the head hits the floor.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4: 86%
2: 80%
1: 72%
5: 72%
7: 72%
6: 58%
3: 58%
9: 58%
8: 40%

:rly???: I never thought I might be such an interesting combination

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Stay tuned for V2. I will continue giving score breakdowns later this evening.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
V2
4: 89%
9: 79%
5: 62%