• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ignorant in aspects of importance that are relevant.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=28488]Michael.INTJ[/MENTION]

The tests are generally not too accurate. Yeah there are going to be a huge number of ambiguities in pretty much any sort of test like these. The way (actually a way, as there are many methods available) to determine your type is through understanding how your mind works, then comparing it to the theory of cognitive functions. However, I was sort of hinting at with my joke typing in your welcome thread, it's best not to take the whole type process too seriously or it ends up seriously doing your head in.

I like how you've made a parallel to another area of psychology with the reference to low latent inhibition. Actually, I think LLI would correlate very strongly with having an Intuitive (N) preference.

I would recommend looking into the work of Dario Nardi, in particular his work on Neuroscience. There are several threads on different typology boards outlining his theory and findings in regard to each cognitive function and type, and if it catches your interest strongly, I personally think reading the book itself would be very helpful although I'll be honest and say I haven't done so yet myself.

Your post, I think, describes an Ni + Te process, where you mentally take apart the shoe and ask "why" about it, and when you're describing looking at the tree, that would be an example of Se. Actually, it's quite amazing how well the examples you provided illustrate your cognitive workings.

If you are not INTJ, then I would say you're an ENTJ instead.

If you're wondering how I could even consider you being extroverted, I would say a big part of the reason is that ENTJ has Extroverted Thinking as the dominant and Introverted Feeling as the inferior. This means they tend to be very intellectual and analytical and can have a hard time relating to other people, understanding their motivations and so forth. Extroversion is not necessarily about people, but is about the environment around oneself, and you do reference the environment a lot, so I see it as highly plausible.

I might be able to tell you if you are INTJ or ENTJ once I get a bit more acquainted with the ways in which you think, however I still have not managed to really get the whole typing process down to a science or to know who is what type even of the people I know in person.

--
edit: after thoughts

AND ALSO, your post starts with a large paragraph describing your thoughts regarding an object, and then your next paragraph or two outlines your own mental processes in regards to this, and does so in a general nature. Then you reference a real life scenario and the facts of what happened, and your post concludes with your own personal feelings and experiences in regard to your relations with others.

As you can see, this reflects the cognitive function order of Te - Ni - Se - Fi very nicely, so I am going to just say that I will lock in ENTJ. If I am wrong about that, then I will certainly learn a lot about my own deficiencies in the typing process, so I am still interested in being proven wrong, or if you think that I am correct about it.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I agree, I find it all very interesting though indeed, and I also comparing myself to the INTJ type personality, it's very accurate, compelling even. I also agree with the LLI statement. I'll be sure to do a search on Dario Nardi, I however, don't particularly enjoy reading books, not to say I don't enjoy reading online, or watching documentaries to learn and understand something and gain knowledge, thanks for the suggestion. And regarding the INTJ/ENTJ comment, I'm quite certain I'm not ENTJ, purely from the characteristics of an E type personality, I do much prefer being alone than with other's, but again, I don't mind being sociable with the right amount of people who I know and like, definitely (I)NTJ. I also understand it's possible to contain other characteristics such as Se + Ti, I wouldn't know though, I haven't yet looked into other ones in-depth to determine whether or not I possess those qualities, but if you're experienced in that then you're most likely correct, or at least there's a good chance, I'll have to confirm for myself though of course, again, I value all opinions and take them on board, you might be right, you never know.

Yeah the leaf, the shoe, just brief examples, the leaf, there are more thought processes than those few I mentioned in my opening post, such as the contrast against the background it's currently on, the sky, the wall, whatever it may be, thickness of it, the feel of it, texture, etc.. could it be used for x,y,z... so on and so forth, but again, this isn't 100% of the time automatically, I wouldn't think so anyway, otherwise I feel I would know about it? A lot of the time I choose to do this, A lot of the time it is indeed automatic though. nevertheless, I appreciate your comments and look forward to your opinions on whether you think I am more INTJ/ENTJ. :)

Well, one thing I would say, is that I think that if you think in a given way 100% of the time, then you actually probably would NOT be aware of it, since it would then just be the default mode and wouldn't have to be given consideration, and there's nothing to compare it to. I don't know how that relates to the typing process exactly, but I felt it worth mentioning.

As for characteristics of the E-type, I don't know what you believe about Extroversion, apart from what you mention about liking to be with others or on your own, and as I mentioned, even an E type - especially one like an ENTJ - could have a preference for being on their own much of the time. However, even when alone they will be highly focused on what is around them, as opposed to purely mental activity, although it is hard to differentiate at times what the border is between the mental and the environmental - for example, looking at a chair in front of you would be extroversion, but is picturing a chair in your mind also extroversion? A feeling of sadness would be introversion, but is feeling sad that your friend is in pain also introversion?

I find that I also have a hard time reading books, however I enjoyed reading them when I was younger. Now I don't see to have the patience for them, and when I do read it will often just be a small portion from a book on a subject like philosophy, religion, mathematics, and this is because I can learn a lot from such a book without having to read much. I remember however that when I did used to read fiction, I really did enjoy it and even wanted to be a fiction writer at some points in my life, so it is unfortunate I think that I no longer do this. Personally I would probably find it easier to start to be more interested in poetry, because poetry also says a large amount in very few words, and in a way a poem is usually neither fiction nor non-fiction, but pure expression.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Good comments, interesting, with a better understanding of the E type purely from what you've said, I can relate more, "even when alone they will be highly focused on what is around them" I tend to do this, I have a sense/feeling of what's around me almost all the time, "I think" I have good awareness anyway, although sometimes everything gets tuned out, visuals, audio, temperature, it's like I jump into a black hole without realising it until I'm coming out of it, happens when I intently think about something for a period of time, the deeper and more intent I go the more things around me get blocked. I've noticed it in real time recently in-fact, where I'll remember sitting back in my chair and starting to think about something, only moments later I will be aware of how much was blocked out, as suddenly sound will appear again from absolute silence, and the lights around me will become clear, when everything went a little duller, but moments seem to pass really slow, 1 minute deep thought can feel like I've been thinking about it for 10 minutes type thing, I noticed this when I was a kid growing up, I was able to process information rapidly sometimes, if I was in an argument, frankly, I wouldn't lose, I sometimes produced so much viable information so quickly that the person I was arguing with would get confused and simply get annoyed and stop arguing with me, but it's like they knew I was right, one thing I used to do all the time when I was growing up is what the character Sherlock Holmes does, he is able to talk out loud processing information rapidly and coming to conclusions very quickly about something, saying x, but then z can't be y forcing x.... I would need v to bring z back to y to use x that's why v is there, and actually being correct, I used to do this a lot, but I started smoking cannabis when I was 12 years old for several years with my mates on the weekend, and eventually almost every night to "chill out", I don't smoke anymore but the damage has been done I think, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to do it any more, I miss being able to do that, now It's more internally, processing information, not as rapid as I used to, but still at a decent pace I think, I hope all that makes sense.

I will have to think about this more intently whether I'm more I/E, could have a strong grasp of both perhaps, choosing which to use in certain situations but the one that's automatically there is more difficult to determine I think, indeed.

Woah, this post was reeeally really trippy to read.

First, I was myself zoned out in the moments prior to clicking on this, and then I straight away see you talking about that. Then as I'm reading it, I start to think that I myself am actually an ESTJ, and I've just somehow managed to convince myself that I'm actually an INFJ. But ahh, enough of that! On to the discussion:

So, yes, what you described is an example of introversion, tied most strongly the Introverted Intuition function, Ni. It is also a description of disassociation. From what you've said, yes you do have a very good grasp of both introverted and extroverted functions, so just looking at the question "well, am I introverted or extroverted?" can be a problematic way to look at it.

Remember too, that there is a trade off between quantity and quality. Yes, years of smoking pot as an adolescent did have dramatic long-term effects on your brain, but given how clearly your expressing ideas and how well you know yourself, can you honestly say that this was a bad thing overall? Yeah, your life would have progressed differently if you hadn't done it, but so what?

The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side, it's just that you only see all the dirt when you're staring straight down.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Firstly, Lol!

I do agree. I don't necessarily regret smoking pot, it was part of my life, my experiences, a lot of good and funny moments happened during my early years, I'm just not overly fond of the end result due to smoking pot, but again, I don't dwell on it, what's the point, I feel sharp in my thoughts and abilities in general, I just used to have a sharper tool, but nevertheless! It does seem tricky to determine whether I/E is strongest, you're right though, it is problematic thinking in terms of, which am I? Especially when it's somewhat conflicted, I could just say I'm on the fine line edge of both INTJ/ENTJ. Both make sense, both have shown evidence, both are still quite rare and, kinda cool :p!

That's true...

INTJ would be a good result, and ENTJ would be a good result.

So if you want to know if you got a good result, then the answer is: yes, you got a good result xD

It's a fun subject to think about though, and when someone else is interested in this topic, oh the conversations that you have!

You can each be saying all this different stuff about people, society, what's happened in your life, what's on your subconscious, what your plans are for the future, but all anyone else is hearing is:

Oh yeah, introversion and en eye tee eye, feeling and thinking with intuition, the dominant inferior position, Jung and Myers! He's ISFP, kinda borders on ISTP though but with odd similarities to ESFJ, possibly due to parental influence as from my brief experience with the father he appears to fit the archetypal mold of the Extroverted Feeler. I would suggest at this stage a development of the tertiary to balance out the predominance of extroverted sensation taking place at this time, and....

ROFL I could just keep going and going! xD

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hahaha! :p

And yeah indeed, I just need to meet some of these people in real life, I have... had a few good close mates growing up, but we all went our separate ways, not really found a long term mate since, had to cut a lot of people out, for example my cousin who couldn't do anything but lie, about everything. Wouldn't mind testing the theory out about INTJ & ENFP's or even ENFJ, not sure what my two ex-partners were, could describe them, perhaps you could try and fit them into a typo? I would find that interesting, you don't have to though, I understand it can take time and energy.

Well, hey, if you put time and energy into something it always pays off doesn't it?

Or maybe it does or maybe it doesn't matter much. Time keeps on keepin on, and energy is conserved in any closed system.

So yeah, if you wanna describe anyone else, I'll give me typanalysis, I can't promise any definitive results but I'll do what I can. The worst case scenario is that I just can't be bothered doing it and you don't get much info so ehh no big.

But yeah I have problems finding a true friend as well. I mean, I have friends, I do, but there's always issues, I can get really overwhelmed at times and just need an escape. No I've not yet had a real life companion that meets what I had when I was younger, but I still have hope that I someday will. And I have too that even if I don't I'll still be alright, things will go alright. Life is just like,,, it's good no matter what's happening, no matter how bad things seem to be getting it's all good in its own way. It's just a matter of following your own heart really, and no not heart as in what people would usually say, I just mean doing what's really what you want to do, and that's an option we always have no matter what.

Laughter is the best medicine, in my eyes.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Overall, agreed.

Ex-Girlfriend #1
I was 15, she was 24, the relationship lasted two years, her personality was like this:

Manipulative.
Cheat.
Liar.
Fraudster.
Spiteful.
Gives encouragement to do bad things.
Claims to be the black-sheep of the family.
Irresponsible.
Builds you up to push you down.
And lastly the type of person to talk behind your back to make you look like a fool and worse to your family and friends.

I know how it sounds, everything she was, was bad, but it's quite true, she really was just a bad person, down to her very core, but, I was 15, was seduced and fell in love, which resulted in me being blind to everything she was doing, even turning me against my family and friends when they tried to tell me the truth that I couldn't see, and thinking about it, I truly can't think of any real good points about her, that's how bad she was. (she ended the relationship because I was too young) then why get with me in the first place, I was 2 years older than when we first met, the irony.

:D!

Ok, for this one, my analysis is this:

I'll get to the other one in a minute.

--

Ok, for the second one, my first impression is ENTJ (the same as what I typed you as), and when you say

Was once happy for me to have a motorcycle accident (literally) as oppose to going into the back garden and asking her dad if I could use his tools for 20 minutes to fix my back wheel.

I kinda think you're being a bit overdramatic and projecting thoughts onto her which weren't really there, which is a bit unfair, but she probably was too lol

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Lol at the video, I know right. And the second one about the accident, well this is what was said and the general tone:

I rode my bike from my house to her mum and dads where she was, around 3pm, on the way over I noticed my back wheel was getting more loose and started to wobble a little bit and it was increasing, by the time I got to her mum and dads, you could literally grab a hold of it and push and pull it back and forth like 3 inches, it was an oldish bike, £600 second hand, anyway, I walked into the room gave her a hug and a kiss said hello etc etc, then I mentioned my bike and the wheel, I saw her dad in the back garden in and out his shed doing the garden up, I said to her, to be polite, "mind if I go and ask your dad if I can use a few of his tools to tighten my back wheel so it's a little safer driving to the bike shop to get it replaced" she replied "no, I don't want you to" I said, "you don't understand, my back wheel is hanging off it's wobbling 3inches I could come off it and have a serious accident driving to the garage, I need to tighten the wheel so it'll hold long enough for me to drive there" she said, "NO,Fucking hell, just leave it" I said, "LOOK BABE, I need to fix the wheel otherwise I might come off the bike driving to the garage to get it replaced" she said "NO!! I don't care..." I said, "fuck you, you selfish bitch" and went, spoke to her dad who I got on great with, got the tools, he even helped me tighten it up, I then drove to the garage, repaired it, and that was that, least to say, I was not impressed.

She literally didn't care whether or not I came off the bike, she was more interested in saying no and doing something on her laptop. I'm really not being over dramatic :D, but thanks for your replies.

Mate, mate...

You're sitting here talking to THE Legion, and you're still concerned about your fucking back wheel.

Mate, you were put here for a purpose, you're not going to die off some fucking back wheel. Chillax.

She's a mad bitch.

Jaguar

Do you prefer to:

A) Talk
B) Listen

Fucking ridiculous.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4