• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you Neurotic?

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Neuroticism, also known inversely as Emotional Stability, refers to the tendency to experience negative emotions. Those who score high on Neuroticism may experience primarily one specific negative feeling such as anxiety, anger, or depression, but are likely to experience several of these emotions. At the other end of the scale, individuals who score low in Neuroticism are less easily upset and are less emotionally reactive. They tend to be calm, emotionally stable, and free from persistent negative feelings.

Are You Neurotic? Test

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I am willing to bet that the vast majority of people on this forum are neurotic.

Yes, I am and I don't need a test to realize it.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes (surprise, surprise lol).

63%

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Neuroticism, also known inversely as Emotional Stability, refers to the tendency to experience negative emotions. Those who score high on Neuroticism may experience primarily one specific negative feeling such as anxiety, anger, or depression, but are likely to experience several of these emotions. At the other end of the scale, individuals who score low in Neuroticism are less easily upset and are less emotionally reactive. They tend to be calm, emotionally stable, and free from persistent negative feelings.

Are You Neurotic? Test

59%

Usually, I choose whatever. I can go insane in a matter of seconds. :happy2: :devil: :shocking:
Then, be calm out of the blue. :mellow: lol :eeep:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
56%

It's not easy being an aquarium of others feelings.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
73%

I actually switch from being completely apathetic to becoming neurotic. Been trying to balance that out lately.

á´…eparted

passages
69%

I'm neurotic, and in some situations I will appear massively neurotic. In others not even a little. Ultimately it sort of evens out.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
42 per cent :bunnyd::smoke:

They tend to be calm, emotionally stable, and free from persistent negative feelings. Freedom from negative feelings does not mean that low scorers experience a lot of positive feelings; frequency of positive emotions is a component of the Extraversion domain.:D:whistling:

I'm a Low-Almost-in-the-Middle Neurotic ! Not surprising as I tend to maintain my philosophy and idealism as well as nurture it...

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
68 % I know I have been more Neurotic. But I didn't use to be.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On this Test, your score is: 53%, about average. I'm a calm person who is easily excitable though.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get 98%. I sort of expected that, though.
My big 5 tends to stay the same:
Maximum Neuroticism
Maximum Openess
Maximum Agreeableness
Minimum Conscientiousness
Neither Introvered nor Extroverted

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I got 86%
Kinda expected, I tend to experience negative emotions a lot.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
another 42%

I'm not particularly neurotic... at least not about anything that they asked questions about :)

Lark

I am willing to bet that the vast majority of people on this forum are neurotic.

Yes, I am and I don't need a test to realize it.

Depending upon how its defined everyone is neurotic per se.

Freud talked about replacing neurotic miseray with normal unhappiness, if I'm not mistaken, or something to that effect and I think in the time in between there has been a shift in perception so much of what Freud would have considered normal unhappiness is now considered neurotic.

Personally I hold with the sociologists and analysts like Fromm who consider that society and its demands shape everyones character in ways which are stunting or result in atrophied personalities. Call that what you will to be honest.

Most of the time when I've heard people describe individuals as neurotic its as a put down of one sort of another, at its most "fair" its an observation about their confidence, esteem, sometimes capacity for self-regulation of their emotional state, but always without as keen an eye as to why they behave in particular ways, seem to think particular things, as there is to the fact that they actually do.

Its been my bad luck to know a lot of scenarios were the people talking about others as neurotic or something like that are the very people who made the individuals being talked about that way. Those individuals have other personality traits of their own which include very little of any pang of conscience about the impact they have on others.