• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Find your Boundary Type

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As someone who has two genetic illnesses, this sounds like an utter crock of shit and is part of the reason people are denied appropriate medical treatment.

Dr. Micozzi wants to find a solution to that problem of being denied appropriate treatment. I don't like one-size-fits-all treatment plans either. For example, I found out that when someone goes to a doctor with sinus symptoms they immediately put them on antibiotics before diagnosing a sinus infection.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dr. Micozzi wants to find a solution to that problem of being denied appropriate treatment. I don't like one-size-fits-all treatment plans either. For example, I found out that when someone goes to a doctor with sinus symptoms they immediately put them on antibiotics before diagnosing a sinus infection.

I guess there's a difference in the meaning of the word "appropriate" here.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
47. Between middle and thin.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think thinner boundaries is actually correlated with feeling strongly and has a weaker one with intuition. It'd make much more sense for feelers to have thinned boudraries because feeling is all about connection.

Yeah...I would suggest that thinner boundaries are likely more present in people who empathize with certain individuals, bond more closely to animals and nature, and try to see the perspectives of people who aren't necessarily part of their in group.

I would automatically expect people with thinner boundaries to be more likely to be socially liberal or "new age" as one person noted...however if boundaries are too thin I'd expect that person to utterly lack logic or rational thinking which could be harmful for them or others. Or at least less useful in describing or sharing their morals *for example I'm a vegan, but vegans who ONLY talk about animal rights and don't use environmental, health or more conservative arguments are shooting the "cause" in the foot.

I think the only one I answered absolute zero two was about stories. I love old Agatha Christie murder mysteries, which are so structured and traditional that it is like the easiest thing in the world for me to read. That's my light reading.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thin-skinned would, I think, be correlated with the Progressive mindset, thick-skinned with the conservative mindset.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A better idea would be to find the extremes and try to moderate them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Boundary Questionnaire has been related to the Five Factor Model of personality, and "thin boundaries" are mostly associated with openness to experience, particularly the facets of openness to fantasy, aesthetics, and feelings, although some of the content was correlated with neuroticism, extraversion, and low conscientiousness.[2] Scores on the questionnaire are also positively correlated with absorption,[2] transliminality, hypnotisability, and suggestibility.[5] Thin boundaries are also associated with the Feeling and Intuition scales of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.[1]

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Interesting

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's conduct a study and find out more.

Alright !

Thin boundaries in males are therefore associated with willingness to accept "feminine" aspects of the self, whereas men with thick boundaries believe that "men are men, women are women"

Then I have only dated men who have thin boundaries. And I'm very happy with that.

Let's push the discovery further women ! Did you ever notice thin boundaries men could have a thick dick ?:reading:

This point is not mentioned in wikipedia.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Assertiveness levels
The implementation style of boundaries can be graded.

Soft – A person with soft boundaries merges with other people's boundaries. Someone with a soft boundary is easily a victim of psychological manipulation.
Spongy – A person with spongy boundaries is like a combination of having soft and rigid boundaries. They permit less emotional contagion than soft boundaries but more than those with rigid. People with spongy boundaries are unsure of what to let in and what to keep out.
Rigid – A person with rigid boundaries is closed or walled off so nobody can get close to him/her either physically or emotionally. This is often the case if someone has been the victim of physical abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, or sexual abuse. Rigid boundaries can be selective which depend on time, place or circumstances and are usually based on a bad previous experience in a similar situation.
Flexible – Similar to selective rigid boundaries but the person has more control. The person decides what to let in and what to keep out, is resistant to emotional contagion and psychological manipulation, and is difficult to exploit.

Each of us is more or less "thin" or "thick" with that variant...

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
41. By the way anyone know how the merging people in dreams thing plays into things? I'm curious cos that happens in a lot of my dreams.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thinnest in this thread, so far. Where's my prize?