• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fetus's Instinctual Variant Test

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool quiz, [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION]! Here are my results.

sx 47%
so 27%
sp 27%

I think of myself as an undercover sx-type so I'm impressed that your quiz outed me, haha.

And just because I can, I'm gonna give you a blow by blow account of how I answered the questions, which ones I think worked and which ones could maybe use a little more work. Needless to say, I represent no one's opinions but my own ... and my perspective is skewed towards my version of enneagram 4, but what the heck.

---

1. Which described you most as a child?
Liked the options for this one. sx was an easy pick.

2. Which of these is the most important to you?
Don’t know how I feel about this question. It’s a little vague. Basically, the right kind of intensity is my comfort zone and makes me feel like I belong so it’s hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. Also, for some enneagram types, regardless of instinctual variant, “belonging” is going to be a very potent force.

I vacillated between belonging and intensity and went with belonging.

3. What are you thinking when you're in groups?
Good question. Separating dull connections from good ones is pretty much my whole modus operandi in life.

4. How do you deal with one-on-one connections?
I enjoy one-on-one connections but I also like small groups of true intimates unpolluted by interlopers >.< Going by feel, I picked the one-on-one option. The wording here doesn’t do sx justice, IMO.

5. How important is personal health and safety to you?
Legit did not know how to answer this one. Personal health and safety aren’t really on my mind, ever, and I find them very boring to think about but I typically don’t compromise safety for intensity unless I’m very depressed. I picked the so option because sacrificing “simple comforts” for the preservation of “my special little niche” seemed like the best bargain.

6. Which statement most describes you?
Lack of connection does make me feel dead inside and is one of the driving forces of my life, so this was an easy pick.

7. Historically, which has caused the most problems in your life?
Cautiousness + reluctance to get involved. I’m a timid person and having a richly developed life of the mind keeps me from having to engage in the external world but then I get retroactive FOMO and panic.

8. Of these, who is most important to you?
Myself because that’s all I have at the moment. :< Question is biased towards people in relationships … though that’s probably because I’m narrow-minded about soulmates.

9. Which unhealthy behavior do you engage in most frequently?
None of the above. I swing between unhealthy self-indulgence and unhealthy self-recrimination. I guess that disengages me from the world but that’s not the part of the behavior that’s unhealthy … Anyway, I did end up picking the sp-sounding option about getting my own needs met because I guess it’s closest to what I do.

10. Your life has been permeated by...
Hunger, longing, and passion. Sounds about right.

11. How much do you care about status?
I do pay attention to status and I’m pretty aware of where I stand within groups and hierarchies. It’s more background noise than anything else and I can’t say I particularly care about it but I do have constant passive awareness of how it works so that’s the option I picked.

12. What's your idea of safety?
Feeling like my relationships with the people I love are strong and secure. If this is the so-ish option, I think it might be a little too vague. Seeking your one grand passion so that you can find the safety and belonging you crave so much is kind of a theme with 4s…

13. How do you think you appear to others?
Don’t care. People have too varied opinions of me to really say one way or another.

14. What topics of conversation are you most drawn to?
Personal experiences, desires, fears, beauty, inspiration, liveliness. Easy choice! The so-sounding stuff would be my second pick but that’s because I’m in grad school doing humanities stuff.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked the test, fetus! I think you did a great job at highlighting the actual aspects of the three, and making all sound pretty neutral. Most tests don't make them sound very neutral....

Social 60%
Sexual 27%
Self Pres 13%

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This was very clear! Thanks for a good test fetus

Social: 67%
Sexual: 20%
Self-preservation: 13%

Yes, I always had an issue to relate to anything but the social instinct...I am aware that my sexual and self-pereservation instincts both suck hard.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I'm Sp/So

I am actually Sp/So, so good test!! I do think my So is a little higher than this, though. It's a very close second, in my day to day experience of it. On a lot of questions I related to both the Sp and So options. So that's probably why.

67%
Self-preservation (sp)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely self-preservation. The sp instinct searches for survival, and is focused on itself and its world. An sp-dominant person fears not surviving, and may be fearful of poverty, annihilation, or mortality. They're usually grounded, serious, and stable. They may feel that they must make it on their own in order to survive.

33%
Social (so)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely social. The so instinct searches for community and belonging in the greater world. An so-dominant fears loneliness, alienation, or inferiority. They may be personable, cooperative, or superficial. They feel that they need a sense of belonging in order to get along in life.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A simple clear test; very nice.

Sexual 53%
Self-preservation 40%
Social 7%

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
67 sexual 20 social and 13 self pres.

Well that question is settled. :unsure:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
67%Social (so)
Your dominant instinctual variant is likely social. The so instinct searches for community and belonging in the greater world. An so-dominant fears loneliness, alienation, or inferiority. They may be personable, cooperative, or superficial. They feel that they need a sense of belonging in order to get along in life.

33%Self-preservation (sp)
Your dominant instinctual variant is likely self-preservation. The sp instinct searches for survival, and is focused on itself and its world. An sp-dominant person fears not surviving, and may be fearful of poverty, annihilation, or mortality. They're usually grounded, serious, and stable. They may feel that they must make it on their own in order to survive.

I didn't expect my result to be so one-sided.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
67%Social (so)

33%Self-preservation (sp)

I didn't expect my result to be so one-sided.

Yeah, I would have added more depth to the test, but it was set up such that I couldn't have a question testing for just one instinct. It was very basic. I'm not willing to pay for a better test maker either. ;P

Radian

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
40%Social (so)

33%Sexual (sx)

Your dominant instinctual variant is likely sexual. The sx instinct searches for intimacy, and is focused on intense connections. An sx-dominant fears incompleteness, loss of connection, or lack of desirability. They may be intense, playful, or impulsive. They feel that they need a strong bond or "other half" in order to get along in life. The sx instinct should not be confused with the physical act of sex or sexual desire itself.

27%Self-preservation (sp)

It's alright. I'm leaning on so/sx more rather than sx/so lately.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
60% Social (so)

33% Self-preservation (sp)
7% Sexual (sx)

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While your test nailed my dominant sx instinct, other tests usually type me as sx/sp as opposed to sx/so. Hmm ...

:shrug:

67% Sexual (sx)
Your dominant instinctual variant is likely sexual. The sx instinct searches for intimacy, and is focused on intense connections. An sx-dominant fears incompleteness, loss of connection, or lack of desirability. They may be intense, playful, or impulsive. They feel that they need a strong bond or "other half" in order to get along in life. The sx instinct should not be confused with the physical act of sex or sexual desire itself.

33% Social (so)

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
73% sp
27% so
0% sx

Not sure what to make of that. I know my sx is the bottom of the stack, but every other instinctual variant test I've ever taken says I'm so/sp (more accurately, my 5 (core) is so and almost everything else is sp). So am I so/sp or sp/so?

Kasia93

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sp 53%
Sx 27%
So 20%

Nice test, mister fetus.

Rouskyrie

I decided to create my very own instinctual variant test. The site I used to make this on didn't allow for much creativity in terms of question formatting, so it may be a bit predictable for those already familiar with Enneagram. Just try to look past what you already know and answer each question as if you know nothing about Enneagram.

Please feel free to constructively critique my test. I'm still an amateur with all of these theories. :)

Have fun!

Take the fetus's test <3

so: 67%
sx: 27%.
sp: 7%.

I like the test. Good work. :)

47% Sexual (sx)

33% Self-preservation (sp)

20% Social (so)

Interesting. I always score as self-preservation for first stacking. Sexual is usually second, but came first in this test.

Gone

53% Self-preservation (sp)
27% Social (so)
20% Sexual (sx)

I have not taken a lot of tests concerning the instinctual variants so I don't have that much to compare the results to. I read a little about that topic, though, and I think for me it's pretty accurate. Sp first was obvious to me, but I couldn't really decide between so and sx for the second one. So I think it fits.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
47% Social (so)

40% Self-preservation (sp)

13% Sexual (sx)

Pretty interesting, I always thought my insinctual variant was around the lines of sx/sp.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
60% sx
27% sp
13% so

i am not sure if the percentages are spot on because i had trouble finding answers that suited me... i have this trouble with many tests, because phrasing is important to me... i do think that the order they are placed in is correct...

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
60% sx
27% sp
13% so

Sounds about right