• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you live in a bubble?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm really proud of you posting this. Even though I've traveled the US, participated in upper middle class activities like spa or massage, gone to resort hotels, or received an education, I still got 69 lived in working class for most of your life as a result.

There is no one who knows like an educated working class person who traveled, how in a bubble the upper middle class actually is. And I'm a vegan.

Tater

I'm really proud of you posting this. Even though I've traveled the US, participated in upper middle class activities like spa or massage, gone to resort hotels, or received an education, I still got 69 lived in working class for most of your life as a result.

There is no one who knows like an educated working class person who traveled, how in a bubble the upper middle class actually is. And I'm a vegan.

i scored 40. still working on expanding it. :D

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting.

You got 55 points.

Strangely enough, for my score, none of the descriptions below it fit my actual family background. :shrug:

Tater

Interesting.

Strangely enough, for my score, none of the descriptions below it fit my actual family background. :shrug:

while the variable this test attempts to score is worth discussing, the metrics could use some help.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
while the variable this test attempts to score is worth discussing, the metrics could use some help.

In my case, I am not sure that it's the metrics so much as my comparatively unique history that causes me to be atypically non-bubbled for a person with my background.

That said, I don't deny that a better job could have been done with the descriptions of persons who fall within a given score range on this quiz.

Tater

In my case, I am not sure that it's the metrics so much as my comparatively unique history that causes me to be atypically non-bubbled for a person with my background.

That said, I don't deny that a better job could have been done with the descriptions of persons who fall within a given score range on this quiz.

i see. :)

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
You got 18 points.

The higher your score, the thinner your bubble. The lower, the more insulated you might be from mainstream American culture.

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Typical: 33.

^Is what I am. My parents participated less in the working-class culture they were born into than typical working-class people, and I myself am a bit more pretentious/refined in terms of media tastes (food's a different story, though :p ) I also am young and haven't wanted for much. XD

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

but what if you don't have more than 2 friends? it's not likely you're gonna have a ton of people to disagree with you. and i hate crowds, i think this test is more of how isolated are you? and the more isolated you are the lower your score. I know i'm in a bubble, I'm not denying that but some of the questions are bullshit. i'm not married and i have no reason for a truck, so how the fuck do i know if my non-existent partner has a truck or not, maybe they do. ANd i hate fishing i've been a few times just not in the last 5 years. this just seems like a test to make people who have friends and can stand crowds and live in rural america to feel good about themselves and everyone else to feel like shit.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with prpl. I got 35 and I live in a family that has an income below the poverty line. I don't watch current TV or movies. I haven't been fishing in the past five years and I don't care. I don't own a pick-up truck (I don't own a car at all). I did my best to answer the close friend questions but I don't have close friends. I haven't hung out with people smoking cigarettes during the last month because I haven't hung out with people outside my family in the last month. And I have purposefully never purchased Avon products.

This is a strange quiz.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
63 points.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On second thought, if this is american culture I'm okay with being isolated from it.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I scored 22. Granted, I've never actually had a job, so some of these don't apply to me.

I do live in a bubble. I come from an upper middle class (I don't know the income cutoffs for each economic class, but I know we're upper middle class, possibly upper class depending on who you talk to). It's often disturbing for me. All the struggles I've gone through--they look tiny compared to people living in poverty. Am I strong, or just spoiled? My family has enough money to pay for medication to manage my mental illnesses, therapy to help with my self-esteem and other difficulties. What about poor people who deal with mental illness? They can't afford treatment. They have to go it alone. My struggles mean nothing.

I have never once in my life had to worry about not having food on the table. My family used to take vacations and cruises every summer (we don't anymore, but not for financial reasons). We have the money to send all my siblings and me to college. We can buy plenty of gifts every Christmas. We have the money to go out to eat and see movies. If I go out with friends to amusement parks, festivals, and fun events, I know that my parents will be able to pay for it. We have pets, and we pay for all their needs and veterinary care. Compared to the rest of the country, we're upper middle class, and compared to the world, we're filthy rich.

I am, and have always been, surrounded by affluence. Many of the people at my school are even more well-off than me. I've had everything handed to me all my life. It makes me feel like my struggles don't mean anything. Like, who cares about my freaking abandonment issues when there are people whose families are being torn apart by war, hunger, and AIDS?

I'm undeniably privileged, and I feel bad about it.

Ingrid in grids

Want UK vershun plz.

Yeah, a lot of the questions were hard to answer as someone not from the States.

I scored 24 nonetheless, which seems accurate enough. I could fit into either of these:

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Typical: 33.

0–43: A second-generation (or more) upper-middle-class person who has made a point of getting out a lot. Typical: 9.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
51 points. I've been through some stuff. ^_^

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type