• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you live in a bubble?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You got 28

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-
class parents. Typical 33

Would describe my parents more, but I think this test was geared more towards middle aged people for some reason- so maybe skewy in the descriptions.

Kinda shitty Im gunna admit. Work on expanding it- made me sort of surprised at all the stuff that I havent done.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
27. I do live in a bubble really since I never leave my house and lack life experience. Though my family is lower middle class.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I don't watch current TV and rarely go to movies. Netflix is my friend. I knew the rank on the right was Air Force E7 but had to think for a minute about what that is called because Air Force NCO ranks are different than the Army or Marine Corps. Most of my immediate neighbors are not from America so I don't think too many of them have degrees. My next door neighbors are from Belize and the parents didn't complete high school. They got solid education into their teens though, and are literate and speak English just fine.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
What a horrible test. :D

You got 26 points. I guess not living in the USA and having served the mandatory military service affected my score. Also, I'm still baffled that you guys wear uniforms at school.

I'm kinda in the spot where living in the bubble is the norm (educated, well-of, married, healthy, white, male, father, good job, in my 30's), but I'd like to hope that I've succesfully fought against being isolated in the bubble.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's for American people only :mad: There isn't any french version of it :(

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

So I'm in these two, right?

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Typical: 33.

0–43: A second-generation (or more) upper-middle-class person who has made a point of getting out a lot. Typical: 9.

But I'm really "A first-generation middle-class person with working-class parents and average television and movie going habits".

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Screenshot_2016_04_13_12_03_27.png

this test lives in a bubble, because it assumes that the person who is doing the test is American. :newwink:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

question 1:
"Have you ever lived for at least a year in an American neighborhood in which the majority of your 50 nearest neighbors did not have college degrees?"

yes anyone who lived in a college dorm did :coffee: just sayin

question x:
Have you ever held a job that caused something to hurt at the end of the day?

Yes, my ego :laugh:

question 9:
Have you ever had a close friend who could seldom get better than Cs in high school even if he or she tried hard?

Are they seriously asking me if I had retarded friends? No I did not.

I was never a great student myself but anyone who actually TRIES HARD should be getting at least Bs and Cs with the occasional A. Assuming they're not talking about around 80 iq people or extreme untreated ADHD cases they're confusing what people SAY they do and what they actually do. ie: I'd tell teachers I was trying so hard but my imaginary illness (ie: evading school and playing counter strike or quake 3) kept me from it.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Great test and I really love the work of Dr. Charles Murray in general.

I got 59

My closest score:

42–100: A first-generation middle-class person with working-class parents and average television and movie going habits. Typical: 66.

Sounds about right.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Going to go watch the new Avengers and down some Coors so that I can bring more "experience into the bubble that will always be part of [my] understanding of the world"

I guess not living in the USA and having served the mandatory military service affected my score.
That's for American people only :mad: There isn't any french version of it :(
on that note, there should be a test that measures how insulated people are from global culture.
Yeah. As it is this test just makes me think "he who lives in a glass bubble shouldn't throw stones" :shrug:

Kas

Fabula rasa
You got 47 points.

42–100: A first-generation middle-class person with working-class parents and average television and movie going habits. Typical: 66.

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Typical: 33.

:shrug:
Generally 2nd/3rd middle class generation .

I was never a great student myself but anyone who actually TRIES HARD should be getting at least Bs and Cs with the occasional A. Assuming they're not talking about around 80 iq people or extreme untreated ADHD cases they're confusing what people SAY they do and what they actually do. ie: I'd tell teachers I was trying so hard but my imaginary illness (ie: evading school and playing counter strike or quake 3) kept me from it.

My childhood friend had difficulty with getting anything more than C in primary school, though the reason could be that she had pretty bad dyslexia. Also some problems in home (mother gone, father with drinking problem, brother always looking for toubles).
But I knew more kids with studying problem then and in junior-high. Some just weren't smart, some were busy with home duties (like working with parents) and had little of time to study, no help in home and some had problems in family, missed the classes for some reason and then couldn't catch-up.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
70 points. Do I win anything for having the highest score so far? Looking at the distribution of scores, I see I am in a minority of respondents.

eta: none of the category descriptions were a good match for my present life / former upbringing.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You got 26 points. I guess not living in the USA and having served the mandatory military service affected my score. Also, I'm still baffled that you guys wear uniforms at school.

I'm kinda in the spot where living in the bubble is the norm (educated, well-of, married, healthy, white, male, father, good job, in my 30's), but I'd like to hope that I've succesfully fought against being isolated in the bubble.

You can wear a uniform at a job -- this is how I interpreted the question. For example, retail service where you have to wear a particular shirt / pants outfit. That is still a uniform. It's not specifically about school.

And people in the bubble typically say what you've stated @ bold. Not a criticism, just an observation.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You got 47 points.

:shrug:
Generally 2nd/3rd middle class generation .

My childhood friend had difficulty with getting anything more than C in primary school, though the reason could be that she had pretty bad dyslexia. Also some problems in home (mother gone, father with drinking problem, brother always looking for toubles).
But I knew more kids with studying problem then and in junior-high. Some just weren't smart, some were busy with home duties (like working with parents) and had little of time to study, no help in home and some had problems in family, missed the classes for some reason and then couldn't catch-up.
True i didn't account for dyslexia and classes in a foreign language and such extraordinary situations. Regarding other reasons The empasis is on "trying hard". If you listen in class and actually do the exercises and take notes and make alot of effort and overall the best you can do is a C then you shouldn't Study past primary school.

I mean they were talking about high school, it's a step up from gender studies or theology but it sure ain't a phd in string theory.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's funny, I fit into 3 or 4 minority groups but got the lowest score. 17. :devil:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Going to go watch the new Avengers and down some Coors so that I can bring more "experience into the bubble that will always be part of [my] understanding of the world"

Yeah. As it is this test just makes me think "he who lives in a glass bubble shouldn't throw stones" :shrug:

https://youtu.be/XBVlwK0ZD-A

:hi:

One day I'll decide to be an immigrant :wacko::happy:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's funny, I fit into 3 or 4 minority groups but got the lowest score. 17. :devil:

which minority groups?
Women are not a minority group you know :coffee: