• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The fifth letter (16personalities)

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A while ago I discovered an MBTI-like test that incorporates a fifth letter (A or T) into the results. From what I understand, A (assertive) means that someone is generally confident and emotionally healthy while T's (turbulents) are offbeat or emotionally unstable.

This explains why I often notice a distinction between two kinds of people within any given type. For example, I've noticed that some INFPs are quirky, bubbly, and socially confident, while others are self-doubting, selfish, awkward, and/or rude. I've noticed something similar with ENTPs; some are confident, intellectual, and innovative while others are sadistic and extreme.

I'm not trying to say that being turbulent is a bad thing or that I prefer assertive people; I'm definitely an INTP-T. In fact, the fifth letter is the only one that has been consistent in my results. I've never been typed as assertive. All my friends are turbulent, with one exception. People who score as turbulent, in my opinion, usually seem much less likely to judge others.

Link: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

If you scored as turbulent: do you see yourself as awkward, shy, offbeat, or just not in sync with most people?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/56778053c30e9

Code: ENFJ-T
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Social Engagement

Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
55%
Extraverted
45%
Introverted

Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
87%
Intuitive
13%
Observant

Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
33%
Thinking
67%
Feeling

Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
64%
Judging
36%
Prospecting

Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
10%
Assertive
90%
Turbulent

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJ-T

Introverted 92%
Observant 61%
Feeling 69%
Judging 78%
Turbulent 75%

If you scored as turbulent: do you see yourself as awkward, shy, offbeat, or just not in sync with most people?

I'm incredibly shy. I would describe myself as a strong loner. I'm uncomfortable talking to and meeting new people. I can be charismatic when I need to be, but it's draining and unnatural to me. I like being left alone.

á´…eparted

passages
Idk why I take these, 90% of the time they don't type me correctly. I give up!

AYUp6s0.png

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFP-T

Introverted 90%
Intuitive 54%
Feeling 63%
Prospecting 99%
Turbulent 95%
99% Prospecting :laugh:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Something tells me this test is not quite well ajusted just yet
N traits tended to be uhh. about getting lost in thought and so on. I don't think preference for conceptual/abstract thought means you have to be a flower loving head-in-the-clouds type. N questions seemed to be heavily biased toward "Ni" and introverted intuitives in general.

I got

4538dfd63fea42ff9d472e42be242f97.jpg

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Turbulent af

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Introverted - 71%
Intuitive - 70%
Feeling - 87%
Prospecting - 81%
Turbulent - 69%

INFP-T

All those preferences are pretty strong. I will forever score INFP on all tests, honestly. I'm different in JCF than in MBTI clearly. I guess I'm a Si/Fe INFP. :wink:

Anyway, my Turbulent preference steadily decreases as my life goes on, I think. I've grown a lot. I just care too much about what other people think and I get very insecure about some deep shit, that's all.

SilentWave

MBTI Type
I?F?
Screenshot from 2016-02-06 18:23:17.jpg

INFP-T. I feel moody from time to time, so I guess the 5th letter may have some merit.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP-A.

I won’t address INTP to any similar length because while glaringly wrong, it is my most common return on dichotomy tests so it’s not something I find surprising. It's a combination of being twice removed from the world etype-wise and not generally being effusive enough to yield F naturally.

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Untitled-1.jpg

INFP-A

I was an INFP-T for a long time, and during that time I was often depressed, moody, un-motivated and withdrawn. I had no interest whatsoever in things I didn't consider important to me, I was overly sensitive (imbalanced Fi-Te) and internally very harsh or judgmental both to myself and to people that irritated me.
I would back right off in confrontational situations and often suppress my own wants, point of view or any shreds of self-respect for the sake of avoiding confrontation.

As an INFP-A I'm confident of my creative abilities, more able to confront people who I intuitively believe are trying to walk over me, I don't have any health problems while being alone for long periods (e.g losing touch with reality, not eating, spiraling into an endless pit of self-pity/hatred and self-destructive nihilism). I don't believe I should have to kiss people's butts to get them like to me; if they don't just eff off. I'm not stuck in a hopeless loop of wanting to succeed in life but at the same time procrastinating/self doubting too much to actually get somewhere anymore.
It's also much easier to use Te as A than a T.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
73% extroverted
83% intuitive
74% feeling
95% prospecting
53% turbulent

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That one always gives me INTJ-A. Doubtful but w/e.

Puffypolma

Bizarre Love Triangle
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFP-T here. No wonder why I am so emotionally unhealthy.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP-T
60%,Introv
70% Feeling
80% T
Dont remember the rest

It's correct. I was a victim of abuse as a child and it left me emotionally insecure and afraid of abandonment.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I 63%
N 75%
F 71%
P 73%
T 80%

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure how many times I've taken this one (or why I've taken it so many times), but Assertive for sure.

Also, "Prospecting" is both cooler and more accurate than "Perceiving." CPP needs to make that term official.

xuxKCMJ.png

Huh. Oh, God. "With vision and determination, nothing is impossible." It's like they know me or something. :rofl1: