• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Social Media Personality Test

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, try this out! Let me know what you think. At present, you have to be registered on the forum to run it but this may change at some point in the future.

Social Media Personality Assessment

Here are my results when 35,000 words were analyzed.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/personalitytest.php?do=results&id=gWBv76Iujz

And my results when 100,000 words were analyzed

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/personalitytest.php?do=results&id=PmWab0n2oK

Personality_Graph.png

Facebook won't work until the app is approved, though I know it works because I can run it. I'm not confident on how well this will work in Twitter given the short format of messages but who knows. It will be interesting to see.

A few questions:
1. Do you have any feedback on this overall, positive or areas for improvement?
2. Do you think the results are accurate?
3. How do you think it performs across the different social media platforms?

EDIT: Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr all work now and the software can be accessed directly without a forum signin.

Last edited:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Ok, try this out! Let me know what you think. I'm not confident this will work in Twitter given the short format of messages but who knows.

Social Media Personality Assessment

Here are my results

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/personalitytest.php?do=results&id=gWBv76Iujz

Facebook won't work yet.

Very neat! Can you tell us a bit more about how this works?

------

The second time I tried the test, it used about 25k more words than when I first tried it (before this post). I'm guessing it's supposed to look at roughly the past 35k words you've written? This has made my results fluctuate slightly from what I said in the other post. My results are now RLUEN (ISTP). Details here. I typically score RLUEN or RLUAN, so this is nearly spot on! I'm very impressed and a bit baffled how it guessed that.

------

Edit: [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] - It's up!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh wow this is so cool!!! I don't think I have to mental capacity to know how this works so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the results hahaha.

Her are my results. I did based on forum posts because I have way more here than any other social media (and am more open about myself and honest on here anyway).

21lux
  • SELF-CONSCIOUS
  • STRESSED
  • FIERY
  • PENSIVE
  • HARMONY-SEEKING
Service: Forum Posts (35,257 words) on 12-15-2015

Ooh la la. I am fiery. ;) No complaints here.

Personality - I really do think this part is pretty accurate!

I think the graphic is really cool too. This is a really unique test and I like it.

I'm kind of a dumb dumb though so I don't know how the lettering in Big 5 works - [MENTION=6554]/DG/[/MENTION] if u are a nice noodle you'll help me figure it out D':

Edit: my 1% self-discipline tho

Last edited:

/DG/

I'm kind of a dumb dumb though so I don't know how the lettering in Big 5 works - [MENTION=6554]/DG/[/MENTION] if u are a nice noodle you'll help me figure it out D':

It means we are apparently almost the same. :p You have a bit of a higher higher agreeableness score than me, though. You scored RLUAN, which roughly correlates to MBTI ISFP.

Letters and MBTI correlations: Global 5/Big 5 to Jung/MBTI/Kiersey correlations

I know that it says the big five's structured (conscientiousness) scale is highly correlated with MBTI J/P...but I don't know that this is the case. It is dependent on what MBTI J/P definition you are looking at (it seems to be inconsistent!). Note highlander's low conscientiousness score, though he is an INTJ. Of course, I'm not sure how it will work for everyone.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It means we are apparently almost the same. :p You have a bit of a higher higher agreeableness score than me, though. You scored RLUAN, which roughly correlates to MBTI ISFP.

Letters and MBTI correlations: Global 5/Big 5 to Jung/MBTI/Kiersey correlations

I know that it says the big five's structured (conscientiousness) scale is highly correlated with MBTI J/P...but I don't know that this is the case. It is dependent on what MBTI J/P definition you are looking at (it seems to be inconsistent!). Note highlander's low conscientiousness score, though he is an INTJ. Of course, I'm not sure how it will work for everyone.

Thank you DG :heart:

Also I swear to god we're like soul sisters or something we score so similarly on like every test

á´…eparted

passages
On my phone so I can't post the results. Some is right, some is totally wrong. My conscientiousness is 6%? :rotfl:

/DG/

On my phone so I can't post the results. Some is right, some is totally wrong. My conscientiousness is 6%? :rotfl:

Everyone in this thread so far has scored from low to extremely low on the conscientiousness scale (though not many have responded). I am wondering what someone like [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] (obvious high conscientiousness) will get.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Everyone in this thread so far has scored from low to extremely low on the conscientiousness scale (though not many have responded). I am wondering what someone like [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] (obvious high conscientiousness) will get.

7% :doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
forum posts:
PRACTICAL PENSIVE FIERY SELF-CONSCIOUS HARMONY-SEEKING

twitter
didn't work it says i don't have enough words

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SELF-CONSCIOUS PENSIVE PRACTICAL FIERY STRESSED

Interesting

More info:

You are a bit compulsive and easily rattled.

You are self-conscious: you are sensitive about what others might be thinking about you. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are melancholy: you think quite often about the things you are unhappy about.

Your choices are driven by a desire for efficiency.

You are relatively unconcerned with taking pleasure in life: you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment. You value helping others a bit more: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.

It would be neat to take this again in the future and see how much I've changed.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, that is interesting, and actually pretty damn accurate for Big 5 -- and perhaps a lot more objective? For example I've never gotten such an abysmally low conscientiousness score -- maybe my self assessment makes it higher than it actually is? Or parameters are a bit off? (basically the % for openness, agreeableness, and extroversion are about the same as online tests I've taken. Emotionality is way higher than other tests I've taken, though, and conscientiousness way way lower)

Question- when I try to do it with facebook, clicking the button, nothing happens. I turned off adblock so it's nothing tied to that...edit:nvm. Just saw highlander's comment

---------------
SELF-CONSCIOUS SYMPATHETIC PENSIVE SPIRITUAL FIERY (though I'm not spiritual... it must be a very loose definition of that word)

You are a bit compulsive and guarded.

You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. You are self-conscious: you are sensitive about what others might be thinking about you. And you are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them.

Your choices are driven by a desire for well-being.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.

Big 5
Openness 50%
Adventurousness 19%
Artistic interests 3%
Emotionality 68%
Imagination 52%
Intellect 58%
Authority-challenging 78%
Conscientiousness 4%
Achievement striving 16%
Cautiousness 40%
Dutifulness 16%
Orderliness 65%
Self-discipline 1%
Self-efficacy 15%
Extraversion 31%
Activity level 4%
Assertiveness 55%
Cheerfulness 31%
Excitement-seeking 41%
Outgoing 13%
Gregariousness 13%
Agreeableness 42%
Altruism 13%
Cooperation 54%
Modesty 9%
Uncompromising 35%
Sympathy 97%
Trust 21%
Emotional range 95%
Fiery 92%
Prone to worry 84%
Melancholy 96%
Immoderation 78%
Self-consciousness 99%
Susceptible to stress 89%
Needs
Challenge 59%
Closeness 42%
Curiosity 30%
Excitement 31%
Harmony 90%
Ideal 9%
Liberty 44%
Love 83%
Practicality 86%
Self-expression 2%
Stability 23%
Structure 22%
Values
Conservation 2%
Openness to change 89%
Hedonism 28%
Self-enhancement 55%
Self-transcendence 94%

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This program, designed by Typology Central,
Damn, man; we're getting into things like this? So cool.

But

Sorry, you don't have enough posts to be analyzed. The program requires 3,500 words for an accurate analysis and you only have 1,620 words in your posts.

Looks like I'm not attention whoring enough. Gotta do that.

Jaguar

What a disaster. When they're wrong, they're really wrong. Jesus. I'm surprised it didn't claim I'm a democrat who supports high income tax and keeping estate taxes.

Ingrid in grids

Neat!

Here are the results based on my forum posts.

Apparently there is not enough data available on my Facebook profile to make an assessment. I'm bad at social media. :laugh:

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh I should probably post my full results.

SPIRITUAL HARMONY-SEEKING PRACTICAL PENSIVE SYMPATHETIC

You are a bit compulsive.

You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. And you are melancholy: you think quite often about the things you are unhappy about.

Your choices are driven by a desire for well-being.

You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done.

I suspect my Facebook scan would look VERY different, as my Facebook presence and forum presence are like two sides of a coin: no vulnerability, vs too much of it.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

lol I scored 8% in conscientiousness, with 2% in "self-discipline", which was a red flag that this was not very accurate. :wink:

It was interesting though. I wonder how the algorithm filters words to score each category.

*edit: yeah, I'm not typically as open/vulnerable off these fora so it would tend to skew the scores.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^Yeah, conscientiousness seems to be off in a major way.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently there is not enough data available on my Facebook profile to make an assessment. I'm bad at social media. :laugh:

I don't think FB is working yet. It gave me an error saying I have zero words in my posts, and while I don't post a lot on fb, I do post some.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think FB is working yet. It gave me an error saying I have zero words in my posts, and while I don't post a lot on fb, I do post some.
I'm having this same issue.