• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ultima and the Eight Virtues of Avatarhood

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're not familiar, Ultima is a decades-old series of games. In some, a personality system chooses a character class for you based upon what virtue you prioritize, which it determines via a test.

Ultima character creation

Just.. just ignore medievalized language.

Mine:

valor.png

Thou hast shown that Valor is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Fighter, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Jhelom, the city of Valor.​

More:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_IV:_Quest_of_the_Avatar#Virtues
Eight Virtues - The Codex of Ultima Wisdom, a wiki for Ultima and Ultima Online

(In the game, for the love of God do not choose to be humble about anything. You'll start the game as a damn shepherd if the game sees that you value humility.)

Jaguar

Thou hast shown that Justice is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Druid, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Yew, the city of Justice.

justice.png

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thou hast shown that Honesty is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Mage, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Moonglow, the city of Honesty.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thou hast shown that Spirituality is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Ranger, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Skara Brae, the city of Spirituality.

á´…eparted

passages
So be it! Thy path is chosen!

honesty.png

Honesty

Thou hast shown that Honesty is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Mage, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Moonglow, the city of Honesty.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
justice.png

Justice

Thou hast shown that Justice is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Druid, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Yew, the city of Justice.

That's only because I couldn't pick stuff like "Desert the army" or "mind my own business." I tried again (it gives different questions) and got Honesty. Those virtues sound too noble for me.

noyo

Spirituality

Thou hast shown that Spirituality is the Virtue thou art most familiar with. Thou art a Ranger, and thou shalt begin the Quest of the Avatar in Skara Brae, the city of Spirituality.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Lark

So be it! Thy path is chosen!

Honesty