• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which color lightsaber would you wield?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyway, all this yellow and orange is some apocryphal EU bullshit. The only reason purple is canon is because Sam Jackson asked as a personal request of George Lucas.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ehhh.... KOTOR et al made various colors work just fine without referencing EU.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ehhh.... KOTOR et al made various colors work just fine without referencing EU.

I thought KOTOR fell into EU domain, like Force Unleashed (which allowed the player to customize their hilts and collect various color crystals)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought KOTOR fell into EU domain, like Force Unleashed (which allowed the player to customize their hilts and collect various color crystals)

I never read any EU stuff and the mythos seemed self-contained to me even if there could possibly be intersection points.

I mean, seriously -- are additional colors of lightsabers really such an innovative idea in a culture that values individualization that it can't be derived by multiple entities at once?

(I can't argue that Sam L. Jackson ain't a special snowflake, though. he is.)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never read any EU stuff and the mythos seemed self-contained to me even if there could possibly be intersection points.

I mean, seriously -- is colored lightsabers really such an innovative idea in a cultural that values individualization that it can't be conjured up by multiple entities at once?

Dunno.

I'm honestly surprised there haven't been more colors featured in the films (or series) by now. I wonder if Abrams will incorporate more colors; would be cool but also create further continuity problems when a million lifeless fanboys ask why no multi-colored sabers were around in prequel times.

I think the decision to only feature green, blue and red was largely a Lucas issued edict, and if I remember correctly, the only reason green was introduced was because the blue saber was less visible against blue skies during scenes in ROTJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All in all, Lucas' decisions usually seemed pretty contrived to me. I guess he wanted to make some kind of simplistic allegorical comment on "Jedis are calm = blue, but Sith are angry = red," but from a science POV, if lightsabers would be feasible on any level with colors like blue or red, I'm not really sure what's stopping other colors from existing.

I guess I'd respect his judgment more if he had done better things with the property after A New Hope came out; he didn't really handle directing or screenwriting for Empire Strikes Back (which is considered overall the "best" movie from a critical POV), and everything was downhill from there.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All in all, Lucas' decisions usually seemed pretty contrived to me. I guess he wanted to make some kind of simplistic allegorical comment on "Jedis are calm = blue, but Sith are angry = red," but from a science POV, if lightsabers would be feasible on any level with colors like blue or red, I'm not really sure what's stopping other colors from existing.

I guess I'd respect his judgment more if he had done better things with the property after A New Hope came out; he didn't really handle directing or screenwriting for Empire Strikes Back (which is considered overall the "best" movie from a critical POV), and everything was downhill from there.

I think Irvin Kershner and Lawrence Kasdan really got Star Wars. I don't know what either of their MBTI types were, though.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yellow.png

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yellow

Weird, though.

I don't know what any of those Star Wars ships are. Except the Death Star. I randomly chose one of the four that looked like an X; because screw it, they were all the same anyway.

I don't remember anything about the movies, so I had to think carefully about which was my favorite. Episode 6 (I forget which one that is) had a bunch of awful dancing at the end or something, and that feels like it wouldn't be a good end to the series. Episode 1 was the worst of the new trilogy, Episode 3 was the best of it but I only remember the ending. Episode 2 was the most forgettable. I think that was the one where 3/4 of the movie was just the Empire talking politics. I don't need that shit in my life. Pretty sure Episode 5 was the one that had Han encased in carbonite at the end, and probably also Jabba the Hutt. So that one's kind of cool. I think Episode 4 was the one where Luke made out with his twin sister, which is pretty hilarious. All in all, Episode 5 came out on top, with 4 as a very close second.

Then I had to figure out which logo was the one for Episode 5. That was a lot of work. I probably clicked the wrong one.

pizzathegreat

MBTI Type
BORK
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
purple.png

Sounds about right. I was hoping for green though.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@Nixie, I have a strict "No Sith Lords" policy. I'm very sorry. It's based on personal experience. I only date Jedi.

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
Red.

To be honest, if I had force powers I probably would use them for evil. I'd feel bad about it though.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish I could be purple ;-; but I'll probably end up getting green... oh well.

purple.png

Oh yay! This just increased the happiness output of my day.