• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which One Of The Eleven American Nations Do You Belong In?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Midlands.

The most oddly shaped nation of the eleven, The Midlands originate in Central Maryland and Pennsylvania, including Baltimore and Philadelphia, and stretch through Ohio, Indiana, and Ilinois before emptying out into Iowa. From there, it stretches south towards the Panhandle of Texas, and in the north, it wraps around Yankeedom, ending in Toronto, and Windsor, Ontario. Big cities include Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and St. Louis in the U.S. and Toronto, Canada.
This nation is the origin of the heartland culture, the middle America lifestyle that aims to benefit the middle class, but rejects top-down government intervention. It's history starts with the English quakers of Pennsylvania, but has been ethnically diverse from the beginning, harboring German and Dutch farmers. Although creating an ethnic, economical utopia was never a priority, they still side with Yankeedom on the belief that ordinary people should be the benefactors of society. Politically, this is a dramatic swing region, with battleground states such as Ohio, Indiana, and Iowa holding important votes for politicians. Usually, the more moderate politician is elected in these regions.

I guess I'm right at home in Philadelphia.

Opposites: Deep South, Yankeedom

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yankeedom

This powerful, populous nation stretches from the far eastern Dakotas towards the shores of Maine, encompassing big cities such as Detroit, Chicago, and Boston. Historically, Yankeedom originated from the minds of radical Calvinists and other Puritans, who escaped persecution in Great Britain. Yankeedom's philosophy has its roots in a "yeoman agricultural economy…. based on cooperation (Woodward)" and values education, the common good, and heavy citizen involvement in politics. Government intervention is seen to be necessary in order to protect citizens from the wealthy's ambitions. Gun control, obamacare, and other government-led social projects are generally looked upon favorably. Personal honor and virtue is viewed as unimportant, due to their strong emphasis on the common good. Politically, this nation's ideals line up with the Democratic party.

Opposites: Deep South, Greater Appalachia,
Similar with: The Left Coast, New Netherlands,

... but things cost more there! :sadbanana:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Left Coast

This skinny nation hugs the Pacific Ocean, starting south of San Francisco, winding its way through Portland, Seattle and Vancouver BC and finishing in the fjords of Southwestern Alaska.
Settled by both New Englanders and Appalachian midwesterners, the Left Coast's culture reflects the hybridity that results from the unique combination. Although both groups of settlers inhabit different parts of this nation (New Englanders generally lived in the cities and towns while Appalachian midwesterners inhabited the more rural areas) their cultures combined to create a Left Coast culture that mixes Appalachian self-expression with Yankeedom utopianism. The Summer of Love, conceived in San Francisco, is the most prominent example of the value of self-expression combined with the desire to serve the common good of humanity. This region clashes exclusively with the Far West, and gets along brilliantly with Yankeedom. Predictably, the region is a Democratic stronghold in elections.

Opposites: Far West, Deep South,
Similar with: Yankeedom, New Netherlands, Greater Appalachia

I actually live in Tidewater.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Left Coast: This skinny nation hugs the Pacific Ocean, starting south of San Francisco, winding its way through Portland, Seattle and Vancouver BC and finishing in the fjords of Southwestern Alaska.
Settled by both New Englanders and Appalachian midwesterners, the Left Coast's culture reflects the hybridity that results from the unique combination. Although both groups of settlers inhabit different parts of this nation (New Englanders generally lived in the cities and towns while Appalachian midwesterners inhabited the more rural areas) their cultures combined to create a Left Coast culture that mixes Appalachian self-expression with Yankeedom utopianism. The Summer of Love, conceived in San Francisco, is the most prominent example of the value of self-expression combined with the desire to serve the common good of humanity. This region clashes exclusively with the Far West, and gets along brilliantly with Yankeedom. Predictably, the region is a Democratic stronghold in elections.

Opposites: Far West, Deep South,
Similar with: Yankeedom, New Netherlands, Greater Appalachia

Interested to hear more about the Eleven American Nations? Look into the links below. Thanks for taking the quiz!

Jaguar

El Norte

This nation encompasses the Mexican-American border, and stretches as far North as Southern Colorado. It's biggest city by far is Los Angeles.
El Norte is the oldest of the eleven nations, originating in the Spanish Jesuit Missions of the 1500's. It seems to be a world away from both Washington D.C. and Mexico City, the capital of Mexico. It is worth noting that El Norte consists of Northern Mexican border states who have attempted to create their own, independent countries apart from both the United States and Mexico. This is evidence of their extreme independence and self-sufficiency, by which Northern Mexicans are known for in their native country.

In the U.S., Hispanic culture and norms dominate in places like Santa Fe, New Mexico and Los Angeles, California. People here share the same independence and self-sufficiency as their Mexican neighbors, and are focused on work. This area has been a hot bed of Democratic reform and revolutionary movements, usually revolving around either work reforms or protection of their Hispanic heritage. This nation is rapidly growing, and acting as a bridge between Hispanic and Anglo-American culture. One of the two major swing regions (the other being the Midlands), they tend to vote for whomever defends the working class, and have sided with the Democrats in recent elections.

Opposites: Deep South, Left Coast,
Similar With: The Midlands

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Far West

The second most expansive nation, Far West covers Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana completely, stretching past the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, and part of Saskatchewan and into the Yukon Territory and Central Alaska.. It shares borders with the Left Coast, the Midlands, El Norte, and the First Nations. It's biggest city is Denver, although it also contains Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, U.S.A. and Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The rugged, almost inhospitable terrain was first discovered by pioneers spreading westward through the idea of Manifest Destiny championed by the American government in the early 1800's, who would later own most of the land via the National Park Service. Much of the Far West's infrastructure was built by corporations based in far off cities such as Chicago, New York, and San Francisco. They are very distrustful of the government, much like Greater Appalachia and the Deep South. However, they are also suspicious of big corporations, who in their minds exploit the Far West for products made in areas such as the Left Coast or Yankeedom. Independence and self-sufficiency are held in high regard, and are often sought after by this nation to rid itself of its dependency on other nations.

Opposites: Left Coast, Yankeedom, New Netherland
Similar With: Greater Appalachia, Deep South, El Norte

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yankeedom.

I've always thought I would like living in New England.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Greater Appalachia

Greater Appalachia begins in Eastern New Mexico and spans through Northern Arkansas, Southern Missouri, and Southern Indiana into the Appalachian Mountains. The area is mostly rural, with its biggest city being Dallas at just over one million people.

This nation consists mostly of descendants of settlers from Northern England, Northern Ireland, and the Scottish Lowlands who were escaping war. Elements of that warring state of mind shifted from the borderlands to this region, where individual liberty and personal honor were seen in the highest regard. Freedom is the most valuable and treasured aspect of their culture, sharing more in common with the Far West than the Deep South. These citizens prize their freedom so much that they fight against whoever threatens it; whether it be through combat against the South in the Civil War, or through politics in the modern day against pro-government intervention Democrats in Yankeedom or the Left Coast. Today, they ally themselves with the Deep South, sharing their same views on smaller government in order to preserve their freedoms, although their reasoning has little to do with protecting the wealthy. Most of this region votes Republican in big and small elections alike.

Opposites: Yankeedom, Left Coast, Midlands,
Similar With: Far West, Deep South,

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for anyone interested, here's the map of where those regions actually are

guess I grew up and live in greater appalachia :shocking: it's flat as a crepe around here, but I suppose we DO have a lot of people here who's families came from appalachia

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, if I lived in the US, I'd wanna live in NYC (my favorite place of all I've visited so far).

And New Netherland is similar to Yankeedom which is my result so, yeah...

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yankeedom. Explains why I never felt quite home in the Deep South.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I guess that map explains why I get along well with Canadians from beyond-the-wall.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got yankeedom, but as I've said here before I don't agree with the divisions on the map.

I live on the left coast, grew up in yankeedom and tidewater(county is on the exact border of midlands though :shrug: maryland has an identity crisis)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not going to take the test, but I like the naming of El Norte.