• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which insects do you identify with?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Moth.

I'd say flea is more fitting.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Spider.

I, too, often feel misunderstood and unappreciated.

eda.jpg

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got cricket. Walking stick suits me better, but it's not listed.

walking-stick.jpg

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Praying Mantis

I used to capture these as a kid. I can also see the spiny flower mantis, devil flower mantis or the orchid mantis as a proper choice.

Also, ugh, spiders aren't insects.

blue-orchid-mantis-hymenopus-coronatus--9118.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Praying Mantis

I used to capture these as a kid. I can also see the spiny flower mantis, devil flower mantis or the orchid mantis as a proper choice.

3216394454_46c37451ee_z.jpg

That's pretty wild. I had no idea a creature like that existed. Got any other cool insects you'd like to show the rest of the class? :)

Also, ugh, spiders aren't insects.

Hey, they're both arthropods!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Oh sweet a spider!

Spiders are my favorite... so many different varieties, all judged with a potential for evil-there or no.

Yay spiders!

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
That's pretty wild. I had no idea a creature like that existed. Got any other cool insects you'd like to show the rest of the class? :)

Isn't it? Nature is amazing.

I saw this (Brahmin) caterpillar on geekologie the other day:

venom-catepillar.jpg

I also read about the Ampulex Dementor Wasp that delivers two stings to its prey, in this case a roach, making it a 'zombie' that's completely under its control. I liked this video best because @ 2:00 you can see that the wasp stops guiding him but the roach still stays in zombie mode. So creepy.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bugs are awesome. Someone should make a bug thread. There's a spider thread, but I don't think there's a general one for creepy-crawlies.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I also read about the Ampulex Dementor Wasp that delivers two stings to its prey, in this case a roach, making it a 'zombie' that's completely under its control. I liked this video best because @ 2:00 you can see that the wasp stops guiding him but the roach still stays in zombie mode. So creepy.

Welp. That was disturbing.

Passacaglia

Spider.

Because insects are disgusting, and spiders eat insects.