• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gamer Motivation Profile

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
via [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]

https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/lab/2

gamerprofile.jpg

Chrysanthea

This was actually a difficult test for me... especially top 3 games of all time. How could they ask that of us?! And also what I prefer in a game depends on what kind of game it is. I wouldn't want all aspects of every single game genre in one single game, so I dunno how I am suppose to rank the importance of each trait. I wouldn't want, for example, an intricate story and background for a simple party game. Maybe I just suck at taking personality tests.

Here's my own results:
Calm, Strategic, Relaxed, and Deeply Immersed
P8_YLWHZmoy-APYQnurrJZgCTYQvcVkjAyVgH_EcaO-a8eHX5YFMY0cH-FyGvcQO03whqihVK_dDbchHjWGYo-0QmCjGFIyQS3ukLjnl4FXPsV-24dxFLw6_rJalDXJJ21p7MAuNE2vHfs0xVbs=w346-h192

I would say that action should be much higher, and strategy lower. Afterall, my favourite game genre consists of all the platformers and action-adventure games such as Metroid, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, The Elder Scrolls, The Legend of Zelda, etc. The more fast and fluid the motion, the more skill is involved, the more I feel opted to play it more to master it. But I also need an intricate and fantastical universe to roam through when I am not fighting. It sucks that I have yet to play a game that follows these two requirements completely. Most action-adventure games I have are just too slow... and fighting/FPS games have no depth or beautiful world to explore. And I always prefer playing with people rather than alone, but usually games suck at executing multiplayer in the aforementioned genres. *Sigh* One day...

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your Gaming Style : Calm, Strategic, Relaxed, Independent, and Grounded

tumblr_nqf7avGCvX1u8l3t9o1_500.png

Strategy

Gamers with high Strategy scores like challenging gaming experiences with strategic depth and complexity. Gamers with low Strategy scores enjoy being spontaneous in games and prefer games that are accessible and forgiving when mistakes are made. Strategy is composed of two underlying motivations:

Mastery: The preference for games of skill and enjoyment of overcoming difficult challenges.
Planning: The enjoyment of games that require careful decision-making and strategic thinking.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your Gaming Style : Strategic, Relaxed, Independent, and Deeply Immersed

jwkfaefonwyfnvp7ua0ch6-medium.png

The Action Components (58%)
Gamers with high Action scores are aggressive and like to jump in the fray and be surrounded by dramatic visuals and effects. Gamers with low Action scores prefer slower-paced games with calmer settings.

The Strategy Components (73%)
Gamers with high Strategy scores like challenging gaming experiences with strategic depth and complexity. Gamers with low Strategy scores enjoy being spontaneous in games and prefer games that are accessible and forgiving when mistakes are made.

The Achievement Components (34%)
Gamers with high Achievement scores are driven to accrue power, rare items, and collectibles, even if this means grinding for a while. Gamers with low Achievement scores have a relaxed attitude towards in-game achievements and don’t worry too much about their scores or progress in the game.

The Social Components (3%)
Gamers with high Social scores enjoy interacting with other players, often regardless of whether they are collaborating or competing with them. Gamers with low Social scores prefer solo gaming experiences where they can be independent.

The Immersion Components (95%)
Gamers with high Immersion scores want games with interesting narratives, settings, and customization options so they can be deeply immersed in the alternate worlds created by games. Gamers with low Immersion scores are more grounded in the gameplay mechanics and care less about the narrative experiences that games offer.