• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV personality test

knowledge827

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow

DSUH
You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You wouldn’t dare skip an episode of your favorite show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed a single detail. The TV you like isn’t often appreciated by a mainstream audience; that’s why it’s special and quite often off the beaten path of a typical network drama. You might not know what’s happening at the watercooler, but you’re the type of person whom people ask for TV recommendations. You know your shit! Streaming services are your BFF.

Recommendations: Twin Peaks, The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, Orphan Black.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow
CEUH
You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Your type of comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. These are the shows that (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: The Comeback, Veep, Party Down, Silicon Valley, Happy Endings.

I got the same thing. I've never watched any of the recommendations. I don't even know what they are! I don't watch much TV at all, really, unless it's a series on Netflix [MASH, StarGate, Dare Devil, Agents of Shield, Alias, Profiler, etc.] or an occasional movie. I really love comedy, too, but not usually what's currently popular. I don't like reality TV. I do like documentaries. I sometimes watch PBS.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow

DSUH

You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You wouldn’t dare skip an episode of your favorite show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed a single detail. The TV you like isn’t often appreciated by a mainstream audience; that’s why it’s special and quite often off the beaten path of a typical network drama. You might not know what’s happening at the watercooler, but you’re the type of person whom people ask for TV recommendations. You know your shit! Streaming services are your BFF.

Recommendations: Twin Peaks, The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, Orphan Black.

I'm a big fan of the first four. Twin Peaks may be my my favourite tv show from all:) or one of two favourite.
Never watched Veronica Mars or Orphan Black. Although the second is somewhere on my list.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Lowbrow

DSUL

You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You would never skip an episode of your favorite currently airing show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed any detail. You might not know what’s happening at the watercooler, but you’re the type of person whom people ask for TV recommendations. You know your shit! For finding new shows to binge, streaming services are your BFF. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: Fringe, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, True Blood, Roswell.

I hate all of them damn shows.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CEUH

Comedy-Episodic-Cult-Highbrow

You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Your type of comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. These are the shows that (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: The Comeback, Veep, Party Down, Silicon Valley, Happy Endings.

I have zero interest in these recommendations but I may give them a shot.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow

DSUH

I'm a big fan of the first four. Twin Peaks may be my my favourite tv show from all:) or one of two favourite.
Never watched Veronica Mars or Orphan Black. Although the second is somewhere on my list.
^ This result sounds a lot more like me than the result I actually got.

Veronica Mars and Orphan Black are both AMAZING.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
DEMH

Drama
Episodic
Mainstream
Highbrow

You take TV seriously and like an hour-long drama, but don’t have the time or brain space to stay caught up on every show. You want to be able to turn on the TV during prime time and get immediately sucked in. You stick to network and cable dramas — the kinds that start watercooler conversation.

Sounds about right. I loved House before it got stupid, and I've been told I would like ER. Doesn't explain my love of British television and sitcoms though. Doctor Who and Sherlock are definitely not cable primetime.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
CSMH

Comedy
Serialized
Mainstream
Highbrow

You like to laugh, but you’re not looking for throwaway TV. You live for a will-they-won’t-they arc — or perhaps a drawn-out rivalry? These are the types of ongoing plotlines you look for in your weekly sitcom — one that you’ll often chat about with your friends the day after.

Recommendations: Parks and Recreation, The Office, The Mindy Project, New Girl

I'm pretty easy to please. :laugh:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Comedy
Episodic
Mainstream
Highbrow
CEMH
You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Lucky for you, the shows you adore are always, at any moment in time, either streaming or syndicated. Finding something you love to watch is an easy feat.

Recommendations: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Friends, Frasier, The Simpsons, Sports Night

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Comedy

Episodic

Mainstream

Highbrow

CEMH

You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Lucky for you, the shows you adore are always, at any moment in time, either streaming or syndicated. Finding something you love to watch is an easy feat.

Recommendations: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Friends, Frasier, The Simpsons, Sports Night.

All well and accurate, just I've already seen most of the recommendations and they weren't very funny.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Drama
Serialized
Mainstream
Highbrow
DSMH
You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You wouldn’t dare skip an episode of your favorite show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed a single detail. You stick to network and cable dramas — the kinds that start watercooler conversation.

Recommendations: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, The West Wing.

I love the first two shows, although quite everyone does. I also love True Detective and Vikings.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Comedy
Serialized
Cult
Lowbrow
CSUL

You like to laugh, but you’re not looking for throwaway TV. You live for a will-they-won’t-they arc — or perhaps a drawn-out rivalry? Your type of comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. These are the shows that (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: Enlightened, Freaks and Geeks, Joan of Arcadia.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Comedy
Serialized
Mainstream
Highbrow

CSMH

You like to laugh, but you’re not looking for throwaway TV. You live for a will-they-won’t-they arc — or perhaps a drawn-out rivalry? These are the types of ongoing plotlines you look for in your weekly sitcom — one that you’ll often chat about with your friends the day after.

Recommendations: Parks and Recreation, The Office, The Mindy Project, New Girl.​

Will-they-won't-theys are the worst. Screw dramas where the internal dynamics are the source of the drama. "Hey, in this show about our workplace, I'm banging two of my coworkers! How will this story unfold??"

And I explicitly responded "no" to the question of "you'll talk to your friends about tv or whatever," so the test should know better than to tell me that I do.

I like comedies, but not sitcoms. As a Highbrow, those are too Lowbrow for my taste. But those recommendations do make sense.
I usually find myself researching this stuff. If I really like something, I try to find out as much about as I can. I know all kinds of obscure details; more than is probably healthy, really.
Same here.
I am only telling you this, of course, in order to manipulate you and force you to do my bidding. It's part of my dastardly plan.
Same here.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Comedy
Serialized
Mainstream
Highbrow
CSMH

Recommendations: Parks and Recreation, The Office, The Mindy Project, New Girl.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
DEUL

You like a good old-fashioned drama, but you don’t have the time or brain space to stay caught up on every single show. You want to be able to turn on the TV and get immediately sucked in. But you’re lowbrow and proud of it — you won’t be looking to network TV for your favorite shows. For finding new things to binge, streaming services are your BFF.

Recommendations: Supernatural, Charmed, Grimm, Nip/Tuck.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay, this one was neat.

Dramatic
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow
DSUH

With the exception of Dr. Who, the others are on my To-Watch list.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Comedy
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow
CSUH
You like to laugh, but you’re not looking for throwaway TV. You live for a will-they-won’t-they arc — or perhaps a drawn-out rivalry? These are the types of ongoing plotlines you look for in your weekly sitcom — one that you might have to dig a little deeper to find. Your comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. The shows (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: Arrested Development, Transparent, The Worst, Bored to Death.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Comedy
Serialized
Mainstream
Highbrow

CSMH

Recommendations: Parks and Recreation, The Office, The Mindy Project, New Girl.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow

CEUH

Recommendations: The Comeback, Veep, Party Down, Silicon Valley, Happy Endings

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Lowbrow

CEUL
You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. You like your laughs lowbrow, so reality TV will always treat you well. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: RuPaul’s Drag Race, Archer, Project Runway, Real World, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.