• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV personality test

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Take Our Myers-Briggs TV Personality Test -- Vulture

Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow
DSUH
You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You wouldn’t dare skip an episode of your favorite show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed a single detail. The TV you like isn’t often appreciated by a mainstream audience; that’s why it’s special and quite often off the beaten path of a typical network drama. You might not know what’s happening at the watercooler, but you’re the type of person whom people ask for TV recommendations. You know your shit! Streaming services are your BFF.

Recommendations: Twin Peaks, The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, Orphan Black.

á´…eparted

passages
Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Lowbrow
CEUL
You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. You like your laughs lowbrow, so reality TV will always treat you well. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: RuPaul’s Drag Race, Archer, Project Runway, Real World, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

--------------------

...I hate all of those TV shows.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Comedy
Serialized
Cult
Lowbrow
CSUL
You like to laugh, but you’re not looking for throwaway TV. You live for a will-they-won’t-they arc — or perhaps a drawn-out rivalry? Your type of comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. These are the shows that (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: Enlightened, Freaks and Geeks, Joan of Arcadia

I have no idea what those shows are, but still, no.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...I hate all of those TV shows.

haha, I'm a big fan of my first two suggestions but I'm not nerdy enough for the rest. i took this test because it was "mbti inspired" but I like both sides of too many of their dichotomies.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow
CEUH
You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Your type of comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. These are the shows that (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: The Comeback, Veep, Party Down, Silicon Valley, Happy Endings.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Close enough, but actually I do prefer serialized shows with characters developed long arcs.

Drama
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow
DEUH
You like a good old-fashioned drama, but you don’t have the time or brain space to stay caught up on every single show. You want to be able to turn on the TV and get immediately sucked in. You go for the highbrow stuff — often intellectual and layered. And that’s okay! (That’s why we have the comments sections of TV recaps.) But you also seek out shows not often appreciated by wide audiences, so in this case, for finding new things to binge, streaming services are your BFF. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: The X-Files, The Twilight Zone, Black Mirror.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow
DSUH

You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You wouldn’t dare skip an episode of your favorite show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed a single detail. The TV you like isn’t often appreciated by a mainstream audience; that’s why it’s special and quite often off the beaten path of a typical network drama. You might not know what’s happening at the watercooler, but you’re the type of person whom people ask for TV recommendations. You know your shit! Streaming services are your BFF.

Recommendations: Twin Peaks, The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, Orphan Black.

----

There's some flex in there. But the questions I identified with the most:

I typically know the showrunners of my favorite shows, and I also can recognize little- known actors in an episode and tell you their names and what else they've been in. But I do that with movies as well; and typically with books and music, I become a fan of a particular writer and/or group and can tell you who might have produced their album, wrote a particular song, etc.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Close enough, but actually I do prefer serialized shows with characters developed long arcs.

Yes, I really enjoy the tendency towards serialization. That was always something I remembered craving as a kid. I was disappointed that it wasn't delivered more often.

Comedy
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow
CSUH

You like to laugh, but you’re not looking for throwaway TV. You live for a will-they-won’t-they arc — or perhaps a drawn-out rivalry? These are the types of ongoing plotlines you look for in your weekly sitcom — one that you might have to dig a little deeper to find. Your comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. The shows (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: Arrested Development, Transparent, The Worst, Bored to Death.

I found myself really enjoying The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, but I definitely understand why that show is not on network TV.

Jennifer said:
I typically know the showrunners of my favorite shows, and I also can recognize little- known actors in an episode and tell you their names and what else they've been in. But I do that with movies as well; and typically with books and music, I become a fan of a particular writer and/or group and can tell you who might have produced their album, wrote a particular song, etc.

I usually find myself researching this stuff. If I really like something, I try to find out as much about as I can. I know all kinds of obscure details; more than is probably healthy, really.

I am only telling you this, of course, in order to manipulate you and force you to do my bidding. It's part of my dastardly plan.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow
CEUH
You don’t have the time or patience to watch TV week-to-week, so you want to be able to turn on your favorite show at any time and have a good laugh. Your type of comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. These are the shows that (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow
DSUH

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i like at least one show from every result!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow
DSUH

It's true. Also I love that Orphan Black is a recommendation for this. Orphan Black is amazing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow
DSUH

i've seen episodes of all these shows except The Wire. and yes I like all those shows

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
CSMH
comedy, serialized, mainstream, highbrow. Whatever that means. No Hablo lingo de television :p

baccheion

Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow

CEUH

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Drama
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow

DSUH

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow
CEUH

:shrug: I almost exclusively watch serialized dramas, so I'm not sure how I got this result.

"Your type of comedy won't be on network TV" is definitely accurate IME. Haven't watched any of these shows, so I don't know if I'd like them or not.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Comedy
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow
CEUH

:shrug: I almost exclusively watch serialized dramas, so I'm not sure how I got this result.

"Your type of comedy won't be on network TV" is definitely accurate IME. Haven't watched any of these shows, so I don't know if I'd like them or not.

party down is really good and got cancelled after 2 seasons so you can watch it all fast. veep and silicon valley are funny too. i haven't watched happy endings or the comeback but i've heard good things.

Chrysanthea

I don't (or have yet to) watch TV but these are my results:

Drama, Serialized, Cult, Lowbrow ~ DSUL
You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You would never skip an episode of your favorite currently airing show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed any detail. You might not know what’s happening at the watercooler, but you’re the type of person whom people ask for TV recommendations. You know your shit! For finding new shows to binge, streaming services are your BFF. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: Fringe, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, True Blood, Roswell.