• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV personality test

Atomic Fiend

Comedy
Serialized
Cult
Highbrow

CSUH

You like to laugh, but you’re not looking for throwaway TV. You live for a will-they-won’t-they arc — or perhaps a drawn-out rivalry? These are the types of ongoing plotlines you look for in your weekly sitcom — one that you might have to dig a little deeper to find. Your comedy won’t be on network TV, but try recs from streaming or premium networks. The shows (sadly!) don’t last very long, although people often adore them. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Mozzie610

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Drama
Episodic
Mainstream
Highbrow

DEMH

You take TV seriously and like an hour-long drama, but don’t have the time or brain space to stay caught up on every show. You want to be able to turn on the TV during prime time and get immediately sucked in. You stick to network and cable dramas — the kinds that start watercooler conversation.
-------------------

Its half right. I do like dramas and I do want to be sucked in right away, but I don't like to skip around. I want to watch a show from beginning to end. I do also like to talk about the shows I like, but I tend to be way too serious about it than my fellow TV watchers lol.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Drama
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow

DEUH

You like a good old-fashioned drama, but you don’t have the time or brain space to stay caught up on every single show. You want to be able to turn on the TV and get immediately sucked in. You go for the highbrow stuff — often intellectual and layered. And that’s okay! (That’s why we have the comments sections of TV recaps.) But you also seek out shows not often appreciated by wide audiences, so in this case, for finding new things to binge, streaming services are your BFF. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: The X-Files, The Twilight Zone, Black Mirror.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Drama
Episodic
Cult
Highbrow

(Bring it back TV)
DEUH

You like a good old-fashioned drama, but you don’t have the time or brain space to stay caught up on every single show. You want to be able to turn on the TV and get immediately sucked in. You go for the highbrow stuff — often intellectual and layered. And that’s okay! (That’s why we have the comments sections of TV recaps.) But you also seek out shows not often appreciated by wide audiences, so in this case, for finding new things to binge, streaming services are your BFF. Extreme melodrama is your forte — if they call it camp, it’s in your wheelhouse.

Recommendations: The X-Files, The Twilight Zone, Black Mirror.

Kind of surprised I didn’t get Cult. I watch a lot of obscure stuff and my favorite tv show most people have never heard of. Is it because I don’t fanatically defend Twin Peaks?

Comedy
Serialized
Mainstream
Highbrow
CSMH
You like to laugh, but you’re not looking for throwaway TV. You live for a will-they-won’t-they arc — or perhaps a drawn-out rivalry? These are the types of ongoing plotlines you look for in your weekly sitcom — one that you’ll often chat about with your friends the day after.

Plus I find most American sitcoms too formulaic and unfunny. I’m probably going to get shot but I never laughed at a single thing on The Office. It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia was way funnier than I expected. Scrubs. Northern Exposure is one of my favorites and was surreal and quirky. Otherwise I really enjoy British humor. The irony, self deprecation, absurdity, and dry sarcasm.

I do enjoy long arc plots mixed in with the occasional standalone episodes. I dislike a lack of character development in dramas. The ones where the producers hit the reset button every week. John was horribly tortured last episode. He’s fine the next week and never discusses it again.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Drama
Serialized
Mainstream
Highbrow
DSMH
You’re a passionate person with a DVR to match. You wouldn’t dare skip an episode of your favorite show, and you’ll often read TV recaps to make sure you haven’t missed a single detail. You stick to network and cable dramas — the kinds that start watercooler conversation.

Recommendations: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, The West Wing.

I only like GoT out of this list.

I watched all of BB, but I ended up regretting I watched all of it. It's a show that leads you but reviewing it.. it's in poor taste. It's like watching trash tv, it's the cheap holloween candy you kind hope it gives you a rush if you get enough of it. I'll happily be proud to be the lone wolf disliker of this show.