• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Big 5 Personality Test

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Big Five Project - Personality Test

The Big Five was originally derived in the 1970's by two independent research teams -- Paul Costa and Robert McCrae (at the National Institutes of Health), and Warren Norman (at the University of Michigan)/Lewis Goldberg (at the University of Oregon) -- who took slightly different routes at arriving at the same results: most human personality traits can be boiled down to five broad dimensions of personality, regardless of language or culture. These five dimensions were derived by asking thousands of people hundreds of questions and then analyzing the data with a statistical procedure known as factor analysis. It is important to realize that the researchers did not set out to find five dimensions, but that five dimensions emerged from their analyses of the data.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some of the questions are hard for me to answer. For example, even when other people say that I'm doing a thorough job, I don't think that I am.

Well, either that or thinking "What I'm doing doesn't even matter."

But I don't wanna derail the thread. Just something that occured to me.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Openness to Experience/Intellect
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 96)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 95)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You are neither particularly social or reserved. (Your percentile: 53)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Your percentile: 83)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You are generally relaxed. (Your percentile: 22)​

Some of the questions are hard for me to answer. For example, even when other people say that I'm doing a thorough job, I don't think that I am.
Yeah, that's the unfortunate nature of self-report. It does not and cannot capture absolutely everything about someone. It can simply ask -- "What do you think?" I also tend to be self-effacing, probably rougher on myself than others would be.

I'd like to see if I could get someone IRL to take this test for me..

baccheion

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 41)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You are neither organized or disorganized. (Your percentile: 41)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 12)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable. (Your percentile: 57)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 4)

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 59)

Conscientiousness
You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 13)

Extraversion
You are relatively social and enjoy the company of others. (Your percentile: 64)

Agreeableness
You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 3)

Neuroticism
You are generally relaxed. (Your percentile: 27)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 80)

Conscientiousness
You are neither organized or disorganized. (Your percentile: 58)

Extraversion
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 7)

Agreeableness
You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 38)

Neuroticism
You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm. (Your percentile: 55)

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Openness: 90
Conscientiousness: 52
Extraversion: 31
Agreeableness: 69
Neuroticism: 66

violett

Openness - 83%
Conscientiousness - 67%
Extraversion - 13%
Agreeableness - 78%
Neuroticism - 55%

Solitary - Inventive - Compassionate - Efficient - Sensitive

(based on 5 years of facebook posts, I don't agree with the extraversion score because I don't spend a lot of time on facebook)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 95)

Conscientiousness
You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 86)

Extraversion
You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 37)

Agreeableness
You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 1)

Neuroticism
You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 2)

Yeah, that's the unfortunate nature of self-report. It does not and cannot capture absolutely everything about someone. It can simply ask -- "What do you think?" I also tend to be self-effacing, probably rougher on myself than others would be.

I'd like to see if I could get someone IRL to take this test for me..

I asked the man for feedback on the questions... apparently I'm kind of evil... as in moreso than I generally assume :doh:

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Interesting...

You are relatively open to new experiences. (Your percentile: 65)

Conscientiousness
You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 83)

Extraversion
You are extremely outgoing, social, and energetic. (Your percentile: 83)

Agreeableness
You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Your percentile: 87)

Neuroticism
You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 60)

Hmmmm...I would have thought that my Openness would have been higher, but oh well. Maybe it is influenced by my current mood (I am enjoying curling up at home).
I definitely worry, that makes sense. :ninja:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Openness: 80
Conscientiousness: 30
Extraversion: 12
Agreeableness: 30
Neuroticism: 93

This is hella true.

á´…eparted

passages
You are somewhat conventional. (Your percentile: 20)

Conscientiousness
You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 89)

Extraversion

You are extremely outgoing, social, and energetic. (Your percentile: 89)

Agreeableness
You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable. (Your percentile: 50)

Neuroticism

You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 71)

DreamBeliever

You are relatively open to new experiences. (Your percentile: 76)

Conscientiousness
You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly. (Your percentile: 21)

Extraversion
You are neither particularly social or reserved. (Your percentile: 48)

Agreeableness
You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable. (Your percentile: 44)

Neuroticism
You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things. (Your percentile: 80)

What mbti does my results correspond with?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You prefer traditional and familiar experiences. (Your percentile: 1)

Conscientiousness
You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 83)

Extraversion
You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 31)

Agreeableness
You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive. (Your percentile: 83)

Neuroticism
You are generally relaxed. (Your percentile: 27)

Whoa, my Openness is god awful. But it's true, I'm not really a creative person at all.

yeghor

Open-Mindedness: High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You are somewhat conventional. (Your percentile: 33)

Conscientiousness: High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You are well-organized, and are reliable. (Your percentile: 75)

Extraversion: High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 11)

Agreeableness: High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 25)

Negative Emotionality: High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm. (Your percentile: 50)

This sounds like ISTJ. Some questions are very subjective and people might not want to ascribe negative qualities to themselves. It needs better wording.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Open-Mindedness (Your percentile: 11)
You prefer traditional and familiar experiences.

Conscientiousness (Your percentile: 20)
You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly.

Extraversion (Your percentile: 5)
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.

Agreeableness (Your percentile: 4)
You find it easy to criticize others.

Negative Emotionality (Your percentile: 100)
You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
What aspects of personality does this tell me about?
There has been much research on how people describe others, and five major dimensions of human personality have been found. They are often referred to as the OCEAN model of personality, because of the acronym from the names of the five dimensions.

Here are your results.

Open-Mindedness. Your percentile: 97. You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways.
Conscientiousness. Your percentile: 96. You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon.
Extraversion. Your percentile: 0. You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.
Agreeableness. Your percentile: 85. You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive.
Negative Emotionality. Your percentile: 99. You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Open-Mindedness
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative. You prefer traditional and familiar experiences. (Your percentile: 11)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent. You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 80)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet. You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 34)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous. You find it easy to express irritation with others. (Your percentile: 22)

Negative Emotionality
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy. You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things. (Your percentile: 94)