• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Self-Monitor Test

á´…eparted

passages
Last one of the 3 I thought that were interesting/worthwhile/good. It also seems like a somewhat decent way to "test" for Fi or Fe preference, but I don't think the correlation will be that terribly strong as enneagram will shift it.

Self-Monitoring Personality Quiz: Do you censor what you say? Find out if you're a low or high self-monitor and how this affects your personality

-------------------------------------

Self-monitoring refers to how a person behaves in different contexts (ie, work, visiting friends, or shopping). A high self-monitoring person is someone who monitors and adapts their own behavior to match their surroundings. A low self monitor tends to use their internal values and beliefs to figure out how to behave.
In other words, a low self monitor will exhibit the same behavior in different contexts, whether it's a meeting at work, softball game with friends, or family reunion. A high self monitor will act differently in these different contexts, perhaps acting more formally at work or cracking jokes with friends, if that is what others are doing.

High self monitors:

• show variability in behavior in different contexts, and are extremely flexibile in adapting to their current situation
  • tend to have different public and private personas and are careful about mixing different social circles
  • tend to make better managers and do better in jobs that involve influencing other people (sales, marketing, hiring, politicians)
Low self monitors:

• use internal values and beliefs in deciding how to behave
  • act the same in most social circles
  • can be relied upon for opinions as they tend to say it like they see it
  • tend to be better in research and project-based work

á´…eparted

passages
Your score is 69, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY HIGH self-monitor.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
51, neither a low nor a high self-monitor.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I had a post I was going to post to explain some of my answers, and then didn't feel good about posting it because it might just not be appreciated or could even ruffle feathers (so I didn't post it)... well, I bet that makes me a self-monitor, doesn't it? ;)

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your score is 34, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

Rala

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your score is 39, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your score is 42, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your score is 40, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your score is 59, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.​

Boring

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Your score is 23, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

Jaguar

Your score is 39, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
39. I agree that I am neither high nor low.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your score is 57, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
49/100. A pretty decent score.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Your score is 42, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
55. You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your score is 48, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
51. Lower than expected .