• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IQ TEST Mensa France Association

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If it isn't measuring intelligence, what exactly is it measuring?

They are measuring a very narrow part of intelligence. Spatial. But there's a whole lot more to intelligence than that and it can't be compressed into a single score. That is ridiculous. Besides, you can get better at it: just keep solving the kind of puzzles basic IQ test gives you and you'll get better. Which doesn't mean you have become a more intelligent.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Votre QI a été mesuré à130, ce qui équivaut au 97,7e centile

I am guessing its a 130 and I am 97.7 percentile

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I scored 101. Not surprising cause the test was for 18+, and I usually get an IQ of 130+ as a result, and having a 100 IQ of an 18 year old at the age of (almost) 14 is vaguely a 128 IQ.

How do I know?
Divide the mental age (18) with the chronological age (14) and multiply the quotient with 100.
Simple: 18 ÷ 14 × 100
= 128.5714286

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Bumping this one because it is better. Fun test

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
110 for the 18-34 test. I'm under 18, so what does that actually make my IQ? 120+?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your IQ was measured to 123, which is equivalent to the 93.7 percentile.

Shiver

Online IQ tests are garbage. IQ is garbage. Mensa is garbage.

Find the pattern.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
97... Explains a lot. :dry:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
another IQ thread.

123. Yadda yadda, I rushed through it, excuses, excuses, but it's consistent with the range I usually land in (120-130). I'm about equal to Eisenhower and Albert Speer :laugh:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Got to question 20; realised I couldn't be fucking arsed.
That's about halfway thru the test I guess

Result of IQ Test
Your IQ was measured to 101, which is equivalent to the 52.7 percentile.

??? How the hell do you get 101 and over 50 percentile only halfway thru the test

...strokeschin in suspicion .. .. .. ... .. :rly???:

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Last time I took it, a few years ago, was around 120.
I'm a little afraid of taking it again and scoring monkey-level. Oh well. :shrug:

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not a real iq test. (They even admit it in disclaimers). There are no real iq tests online, and those that claim to be nearly always inflate their scores.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what it says about my IQ that I lost interest half way through and stopped.:shrug:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The truth is I clicked a bunch of random shit really fast to see what would happen and that is what I got.

If you'll notice the wording doesn't say I did well. It probably thinks I'm stupid.

Computers don't think ;)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Percentile is basically the percent of observed scores below yours (IQ is 'normed' against the scores of another set of people)

Note that this doesn't mean you're smarter than 84% of people. However 84% is still pretty good (above average)

The thing about IQ is that it is normed against other peoples scores so it is not an absolute indicator. People's IQ rise and fall over time too and simply not being prepared can have a large impact on tests. A percentile is used because the number 115 doesn't mean a whole lot in itself because different tests can produce different scores and the number 115 could be fairly arbitrary. The percentile is actually the important number (and is the only thing that MENSA for example accepts. They don't care if you scored 200 if you can't show them your percentile)

The fact that percentile is what matters also makes very high IQs sort of not really calculable (there's almost nobody to measure against up there near the 200 range)
Most serious tests are only accurate till 145-150 iq. Further there s not enough people to generally normalize the test / do quality control to make sure you re still testing for IQ rather than savant/learned skills. For example when i got tested my verbal iq was 1 question removed from the maximum due to like not knowing one word but having maxed out all other comprehe sion etc test. So in theory if you d made a test with "more questions" i could have scored higher. But it would be guess work as there s just not enough people above that range. So usually a serious test giver will take note of this in their report rather than apply a "guessometer" to give you a number above the test's range

I suspect lots of the people who say they have above
1) lied (most people lie on their iq scores)
2) they re using bad tests
3) for older people in the US for ex they could be using tests like the cattell where thr standard deviation is larger (on cattell for example my iq would be 170-180 or smthing)

Last edited:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Problem with me is that timed tests always give me anxiety and I end up rushing and guessing toward the end.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Got to question 20; realised I couldn't be fucking arsed.
That's about halfway thru the test I guess

Result of IQ Test
Your IQ was measured to 101, which is equivalent to the 52.7 percentile.

??? How the hell do you get 101 and over 50 percentile only halfway thru the test

...strokeschin in suspicion .. .. .. ... .. :rly???:

Iq tests are weighted for base 100 - so technically you could get all the questions necessary to get 100 in the first 30% of the test for example, that's unrelated to the number of questions. If the median performers answer say the first 10 questions correctly then answering the first 10 questions means an iq of 100.

Furthermore they are sure to give the test growing complexity. So answering only half of the questions doesn't mean one could answer the second half of the questions. (not saying you couldn't but I mean as a general rule)

Lastly they could be using other factors such as response speed in the calculation. Or there's simply not enough questions to have a clean 100 therefore the closest score to 100 is 101.

Does that answer your chinstroking ? :coffee:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Iq tests are weighted for base 100 - so technically you could get all the questions necessary to get 100 in the first 30% of the test for example, that's unrelated to the number of questions. If the median performers answer say the first 10 questions correctly then answering the first 10 questions means an iq of 100.

Furthermore they are sure to give the test growing complexity. So answering only half of the questions doesn't mean one could answer the second half of the questions. (not saying you couldn't but I mean as a general rule)

Lastly they could be using other factors such as response speed in the calculation. Or there's simply not enough questions to have a clean 100 therefore the closest score to 100 is 101.

Does that answer your chinstroking ? :coffee:

eh i get the logic and i understand what the median is, i just think it's inflated

but yeah thanks tho, i didnt know how iq tests are weighted