• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IQ TEST Mensa France Association

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Votre QI a été mesuré à133, ce qui équivaut au 98,6e centile

I'm fairly sure I completely missed #33 and #35, but I believe I may have gotten #34 correct. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out the mechanism but realized that the commutative property might apply.

The second row and third row have two images in common, only flipped across the line. I figured, given there didn't seem to be any evidence of subtraction in neither the first nor second row, and since there are 3 items in both the second and third row (a blank space), that the middle image of the second row (the one that isn't shared with the third row) must also be on the third row and flipped. Of the answer choices, there is one choice that is the middle image of the second row flipped across the line.

I'm not entirely sure if I got it correct, but it felt somewhat right.

I think that's the right one. I tried different ones and lost a point.

I got up to 130 now because I realized I was missing one of the earlier answers.

Crabs

Permabanned
120. i'm a slow test taker and always end up running out of time or guessing on the last few questions. i don't understand why these tests are timed. the clock creates a sense of urgency that distracts from my concentration. to me, it would make more sense to answer all of the questions in their entirety, then have your score adjusted accordingly for time. it's not uncommon for me to spend an inordinate amount of time on questions that i'm stuck on, at the expense of others that i know the answers to which are at the end of the test. therefore, the order in which they appear ends up being a crucial factor. and randomly guessing on questions, whether correctly or incorrectly, is not an accurate indication of one's intelligence.

in other words, i think i'm smarter than i really am.

i like this test better: IQ test

Cosm

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My browser promised English, but Lied! So I got 123.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
120. i'm a slow test taker and always end up running out of time or guessing on the last few questions. i don't understand why these tests are timed. the clock creates a sense of urgency that distracts from my concentration. to me, it would make more sense to answer all of the questions in their entirety, then have your score adjusted accordingly for time. it's not uncommon for me to spend an inordinate amount of time on questions that i'm stuck on, at the expense of others that i know the answers to which are at the end of the test. therefore, the order in which they appear ends up being a crucial factor. and randomly guessing on questions, whether correctly or incorrectly, is not an accurate indication of one's intelligence.

I like that one better too. I got 130 on it.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Votre QI a été mesuré à115, ce qui équivaut au 84,1e centile

What does that percentile even mean? (I ran out of time too)

I feel like a box of bricks :happy2:

edit: ok so it looks like I'll have to join the Milwaukee Project

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Subscribed so that I could take the test later.

I wonder what the French sentences mean?

'Hey asshole you so dumb you obviously no Frenchman!!!'

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i got 91 i'll retake it later but fucking people ugh come in and like what the fuck are you doing in the closet? get your shit and leave. and i was like oh i'll just wait til their gone!!! no cuz of that fucking timer. so i don't know if it's a legit score so i'll retake it

So you take tests in the closet?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So you take tests in the closet?
No my roommate was in the closet i don't think there's room for me in there. So much shit even though he has the biggest room and closet all his shit is in there

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I didn't notice there was a countdown, lol, so I ran out of time around question 28 or so and got 123. I scored 135 the second time around.
The test definitely works, though, my real IQ is probably between 128-130. I got something like that on a proffesional one I took as a eleven year old.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

got 97, and yes i know these don't mean anything. but if it's all spatial relations i suck at those.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Votre QI a été mesuré à115, ce qui équivaut au 84,1e centile

What does that percentile even mean? (I ran out of time too)

I feel like a box of bricks :happy2:

edit: ok so it looks like I'll have to join the Milwaukee Project

Percentile is basically the percent of observed scores below yours (IQ is 'normed' against the scores of another set of people)

Note that this doesn't mean you're smarter than 84% of people. However 84% is still pretty good (above average)

The thing about IQ is that it is normed against other peoples scores so it is not an absolute indicator. People's IQ rise and fall over time too and simply not being prepared can have a large impact on tests. A percentile is used because the number 115 doesn't mean a whole lot in itself because different tests can produce different scores and the number 115 could be fairly arbitrary. The percentile is actually the important number (and is the only thing that MENSA for example accepts. They don't care if you scored 200 if you can't show them your percentile)

The fact that percentile is what matters also makes very high IQs sort of not really calculable (there's almost nobody to measure against up there near the 200 range)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nothing about this test, but why do they put word questions in IQ test. How many words can you make with the following letters. I fail to see how this tests IQ, more like knowledge of words.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm really slow, so I took it twice:

1st: 128
2nd: 135

baccheion

Votre QI a été mesuré à133, ce qui équivaut au 98,6e centile

I'm fairly sure I completely missed #33 and #35, but I believe I may have gotten #34 correct. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out the mechanism but realized that the commutative property might apply.

The second row and third row have two images in common, only flipped across the line. I figured, given there didn't seem to be any evidence of subtraction in neither the first nor second row, and since there are 3 items in both the second and third row (a blank space), that the middle image of the second row (the one that isn't shared with the third row) must also be on the third row and flipped. Of the answer choices, there is one choice that is the middle image of the second row flipped across the line.

I'm not entirely sure if I got it correct, but it felt somewhat right.

This is what it seems the last 6 are:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Votre QI a été mesuré à130, ce qui équivaut au 97,7e centile

Since there was that whole IQ thread I'm going to make everyone suffer through me taking a crap load of these tests.

Eh not that surprised, not that I am super smart or anything but I have always been alright at stuff like that.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got 100 / 50th percentile.

Well, at least I'm average, I guess.

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ

For those of you who believe that IQ type tests such as these mean nothing, then what does it mean when the same person scores roughly the same score on a variety of different IQ tests, all with different types of questions? If it isn't measuring intelligence, what exactly is it measuring?