• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which city is best for you?

ygolo

My termites win
WHICH CITY IS BEST FOR YOU? - Real Estate - Kiplinger.com

Seemed semi-related. It's fun to have some sprawling discussions again.

I got:

Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
Other high-ranking cities:
2) Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA
3) Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
4) Austin-Round Rock, TX
5) Colorado Springs, CO

It's funny, my top place is where my parents live and where I went to high-school. The second one is where I live currently.

MBTI Type
ENTP
3) Austin-Round Rock, TX
4) Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
5) Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA

I would never live in any of these places.... well, Austin's not bad... I dislike L.A. intensely... Washington D.C.'s culture doesn't appeal to me at all... Sacramento feels like nowhere to me... Houston has vibes completely at odds with my own...

I'm much more of a New York City-Boston-Chicago kind of guy... I live in NYC.

I think eight questions can't narrow down one's likes and dislikes enough (since things like weather and proximity to other major American urban centers is very important to me)..

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA
2) Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA
3) San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA
4) Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
5) Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA

uh man. Sacramento sucks! but the small towns near tahoe might be pretty cool.

but yeah, i agree with 2,3, and 4 for sure!

btw, im was always under the impression that there were way more single girls in LA than NYC...

but then again, i never lived in NYC. well for 3 months one time... mmm now that i think about it, the girls at the clubs there were pretty friendly... LOL!

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I can't see myself in the US, but I love this sort of thing.

Based on your answers, the top city for you is
Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX

2) Austin-Round Rock, TX
3) Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
4) Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
5) Colorado Springs, CO

MBTI Type
ENTP
btw, im was always under the impression that there were way more single girls in LA than NYC...

but then again, i never lived in NYC. well for 3 months one time... mmm now that i think about it, the girls at the clubs there were pretty friendly... LOL!

I think for a single guy on the prowl, L.A. and NYC are equally full of single women (meaning, there's no way in hell that any guy, no matter how prodigious, could come close to even exhausting a fractional amount of the opportunities in either city)... there are tons of people in both cities looking for opportunities to make it big in various fields, though NYC is far more diverse and avant-garde. The major difference between the two cities is that women in NYC tend to be smarter. :D

Also... besides the fact that NYC is far cooler than L.A.... because New York City has more than double the population of L.A. (8 million versus less than 4 million) AND besides that has a constant in- and out-flow of people from Northern NJ, Long Island, Connecticut and even Pennsylvania, it easily has far more single women when one takes into account absolute numbers...

Zelath

MBTI Type
INfP
Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA
2) Stockton, CA
3) Honolulu, HI
4) Modesto, CA
5) Fresno, CA

I used to want to live in California, but after going to LA back in July I don't want to go there due to the crazy heat.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA
2) Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA
3) San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA
4) Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
5) Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA

uh man. Sacramento sucks! but the small towns near tahoe might be pretty cool.

but yeah, i agree with 2,3, and 4 for sure!

Unfortunately, the data is skewed for the major East Coast cities, because so many African-American men die or go to prison at a young age. The percentage of single minority women in Philadelphia, NYC, Baltimore, etc. is astounding.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Also... besides the fact that NYC is far cooler than L.A.... because New York City has more than double the population of L.A. (8 million versus less than 4 million) AND besides that has a constant in- and out-flow of people from Northern NJ, Long Island, Connecticut and even Pennsylvania, it easily has far more single women when one takes into account absolute numbers...

See my above post for East Coast numbers. Also, if you include the metro areas, it's more like 18 million for NYC and 12-13 million for L.A. Manhattan has only about 1.5 million full-time residents, but it has more than twice that many people there working or visiting at any given time.

MBTI Type
ENTP
See my above post for East Coast numbers. Also, if you include the metro areas, it's more like 18 million for NYC and 12-13 million for L.A. Manhattan has only about 1.5 million full-time residents, but it has more than twice that many people there working or visiting at any given time.

Good points all... I like chicks from Brooklyn a lot... they never take my shit but we get along great.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
2) Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
3) Austin-Round Rock, TX
4) Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville, CA
5) Colorado Springs, CO

Negative_

New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA
2) Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
3) Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, CT
4) Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH
5) Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA

So pretty much where I live now...

MBTI Type
ENTP
New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA
2) Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
3) Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, CT
4) Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH
5) Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA

So pretty much where I live now...

That should have been my listing... I don't understand... I asked for a city with a pop of over a million, wanted a thriving intellectual scene.... hmmmmm... said money was no object... nuts

alicia91

Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI

2) Kansas City, MO-KS
3) Chicago-Naperville-Joliet, IL-IN-WI
4) Indianapolis-Carmel, IN
5) Columbus, OH

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I like Caen in France best of all, followed by Bayeux (France) and Kitwe (Zambia). Then i guess it'd be Lincoln and York (both UK), then maybe St Petersburg (Russia). But I've a feeling I'd like New York and plan to take a trans-Atlantic cruise there one day.

That's from experience, then I'll see what the test says.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
WHICH CITY IS BEST FOR YOU? - Real Estate - Kiplinger.com

Seemed semi-related. It's fun to have some sprawling discussions again.

I got:

3) Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
4) Austin-Round Rock, TX
5) Colorado Springs, CO

It's funny, my top place is where my parents live and where I went to high-school. The second one is where I live currently.

I got the exact same list. :huh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know it already - the city where I live!!! It's great! It is a little city - not too big, not too small; culture-conscious; filled with cool museums about EVERYTHING; bicycle city of Germany (Okay, now Entropie totally knows where I live but who cares?!); great public transportation system; high standard of living; decent educational system; university city; growing; yeah - it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kennewick-Richland-Pasco, WA
2) Midland, TX
3) Sioux Falls, SD
4) Greeley, CO
5) Yuba City, CA

Not bad... a little more than half of them are in or near the mountains. :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Having done the test now, I see the main flaw is that it only deals with US cities.

Made me laugh when it called a city with 250k to 500k people in it 'medium' - my city has about 50k and is only called a city because it has a charter from the Middle Ages due to having a cathedral which gives it automatic city status...haha... but I think the word 'city' sorta means something more specific in the UK...

The test said no city matches my criteria. I asked for places that are, basically, like where I live: under 250k population, low cost of living, high proportion of scientists/colleges etc, low cost (i.e. free, here) healthcare, very welcoming of people from different races/origins etc, economically vibrant, and then I just arbitrarily chose northeast.

Which confirms my pre-existing thought that I don't want to live in America :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Trenton-Princeton, NJ
2) New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA
3) Manchester-Nashua, NH
4) Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT
5) Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, NY

Makes sense for me.