• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive Processes Test (Dario Nardi's 48 Question Test)

Alea_iacta_est

Again. Curiosity

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.8) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******* (7.4) unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.3) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.9) excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.9) good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.3) excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.4) limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.8) excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP
Oh, my. This is probably the only time I've gotten the same results twice in a row. :popc1:

I've heard that if you score something like Ne>Ni>Ti>Te it's because your dominant shadow function is almost as developed as your dominant function in nearly every person, you just have a preference to Ne over Ni, so it is more "favored" and slightly more developed.

I've also heard specifically for this test that in cases like this, the type the test chooses is the most developed function as dom., and third most developed function as aux.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Cognitve Function Test...post your scores!

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes This is the test I rate the highest...I'm sure many of you will have taken it before, but if so, post your results here just for fun anyway!

I'm especially curious to see how other INTJs will compare to me regarding this:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.6)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************** (23.6)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************ (48.8)
excellent use

I need to get out of the house more...

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.1)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.1)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.1)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.1)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.1)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.4)
excellent use

Hmm...I probably overrated myself greatly on the test questions, especially the N-related ones. I think in reality, the only function I have good use of is Fi, and everything else is average or limited. IMO a few of the statements didn't seem that specific to a particular function, like "I feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal and mysterious."

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

extraverted Sensing (Se) * (1.3)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************** (47)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************** (44.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.6)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********** (10.6)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use

I

Infinite Bubble

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.6)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.9)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.5)
prodigious use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Hmm...I probably overrated myself greatly on the test questions, especially the N-related ones. I think in reality, the only function I have good use of is Fi, and everything else is average or limited. IMO a few of the statements didn't seem that specific to a particular function, like "I feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal and mysterious."

Those are Ni questions, but they are phrased in a way that NFs, especially NFJs, would relate to a lot more than NTs.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think a similar thread exists but I'll do it for shits and giggles.

phoeBTA.png

á´…eparted

passages
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************** (18.8)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.6)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************* (33.9)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.7)
average use

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm especially curious to see how other INTJs will compare to me regarding this

Dario Nardi's one of the leading cognitive functions guys, and his test (the one you've linked to) is arguably the most-linked-to cognitive functions test but, as further discussed in the spoiler, INTJs typically get high Ni scores and high Ne scores (with Ni not substantially favored over Ne), and high Te scores and high Ti scores (with Te not substantially favored over Ti), when they take Nardi's test — and INFJs often get Fi scores that are as high or higher than their Fe scores.

Here are the scores I posted in the long INTJforum thread analyzed in the spoiler:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************** (23.9)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.9)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (15.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.8)
good use

And here's a little more of what I had to say in that other thread about my results:

reckful said:
As is often the case with MBTI-related tests, I suspect these results understate my N preference because a number of the test items that I assume were N-correlated — e.g., "Experience a premonition or foresee the distant future," "Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions" and "Feel attracted to the symbolic, archetypal, or mysterious" — have a somewhat mystical/flaky flavor that make them more likely to apply to NFs and/or NPs than NTJs.

Since it sounds like you agree with me about Nardi's "mystical Ni" items, and since your own results (Fi-Ni-Ti-Si-Ne-Te-Fe-Se) are a long way from what Nardi's model says they should be, why do you say, "This is the test I rate the highest"—??

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.8)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.5)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************* (13.6)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************************** (40)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.8)
good use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INFP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Theorist; then Improviser; and lastly, Stabilizer.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
^Yikes, Te! Edumacation didn't change me... haha.

Or rather... "I've never let my schooling interfere with my education." ~Mark Twain :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************************** (40.5)
excellent use

introverted Sensing (Si) (-0.6)
unused

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.3)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************** (50.7)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.9)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************** (17.2)
limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.2)
limited use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.6)
excellent use

EDIT: um, am i the only person who got a negative number for one of the functions? :/
of course it's my inferior. sigh.

Permabanned
Your Cognitive Development Profile
The results show that you possess an inhuman cognitive ability. It's beyond our capacity to comment further. You have transcended.
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************************************************************************************** (100)
transcendent use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************************************************************************************** (100)
transcendent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************************************************************************** (100)
transcendent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************************************************************************** (100)
transcendent use
extraverted Thinking (Te)**************************************************************************************************** (100)
transcendent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************************************************************************** (100)
transcendent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************************************************************************************** (100)
transcendent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************************************************************************** (100)
transcendent use

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.1)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.1)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.1)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************* (49.7)
excellent use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

gromit

likes this
I have done this before, but who knows where those results are? Not me.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32) good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.7) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34) good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.6) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.7) average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.8) average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.6) average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.2) excellent use

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Since it sounds like you agree with me about Nardi's "mystical Ni" items, and since your own results (Fi-Ni-Ti-Si-Ne-Te-Fe-Se) are a long way from what Nardi's model says they should be, why do you say, "This is the test I rate the highest"—??

I haven't come across many cognitive function tests, the other ones I have seen are from Similar Minds and Personality Cafe. Neither of those sites offer tests that I believe are precise enough. It's not that I particularly like this test, only that it's the best of those I've come across, which is not the same thing.

By the way, I am not entirely sure of what my type is, I am only 100% confident about I and N, I'd say 90% confident about J and 60% confident about T, so if anyone could help me out with those last two axes I am open. My Enneagram makes more sense for an INTJ than any other type, but all I know for sure is that I'm seriously introverted...

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think some of the Fe statements on the test apply more to xSFJs and ENFJs than to INFJs:
"Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along."
"Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking." - especially this one
"Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity."

I think because INFJs' Fe is in service of / filtered through dominant Ni, it's used in a much more idiosyncratic way and can seem Fi-ish (especially with strongly introverted ones and/or e4s and e5s), which could explain why many INFJs tend to score higher on Fi than Fe on this test. Maybe there's something similar going on with INTJs and their high Ti scores.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think some of the Fe statements on the test apply more to xSFJs and ENFJs than to INFJs:
"Recognize and usually adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along."
"Help make people feel comfortable by engaging in hosting and care-taking." - especially this one
"Readily communicate personally to all members of a group to feel unity."

I think because INFJs' Fe is in service of / filtered through dominant Ni, it's used in a much more idiosyncratic way and can seem Fi-ish (especially with strongly introverted ones and/or e4s and e5s), which could explain why many INFJs tend to score higher on Fi than Fe on this test. Maybe there's something similar going on with INTJs and their high Ti scores.

interesting thoughts.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EDIT: um, am i the only person who got a negative number for one of the functions? :/
of course it's my inferior. sigh.

Some negative numbers are more negative than others. At least they're not all negative.