• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive Processes Test (Dario Nardi's 48 Question Test)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wouldn't doing something for duty or to make others happy make you happy as a result?
Not necessarily. A person could simply do their duty or please others because if they don't they'll feel worse about themselves (hardly any worthwhile definition of "happiness"), or simply because they can't fathom not doing so (which is possible and very common -- rationality isn't a very widespread phenomenon).

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Happiness can come in the form of preventing unhappiness.

I'm curious if any information about how mindless people are has ever been taken. People talk about it so much.
It seems so strange to be mindless. I can't see how exactly it works.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Get a job at Gallup. You'll see. ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
True, but this points to ESFP rather than ESFJ. See how much higher your Se is than your Si?

My problem is i flip on my I/E .. I exert so much energy during the day that i must retreat in the evening but i love being around people. and the J/P, i like stability and routine but also being spontaneous. I like to instead of always going on what is right and being organised and thorough, looking at other peoples perspectives and just going with the flow .. It is all dependent on my mood of the moment.

With regards to Se and Si .. I like to trust my instincts even though in the past i have doubted them. It isn't coincidence the patterns and symbols are there for me to interpret. and this .. Stabilize a situation by comparing it to what is expected, known and reliable. It's ambiguous, expected and known based on my perception which could be possibly wrong.
I think i do use Se more than Si.

From the above you get an idea of how my crazy mind works :yes: If you can decipher it, then let me know :blush:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My problem is i flip on my I/E .. I exert so much energy during the day that i must retreat in the evening but i love being around people. and the J/P, i like stability and routine but also being spontaneous. I like to instead of always going on what is right and being organised and thorough, looking at other peoples perspectives and just going with the flow .. It is all dependent on my mood of the moment.

With regards to Se and Si .. I like to trust my instincts even though in the past i have doubted them. It isn't coincidence the patterns and symbols are there for me to interpret. and this .. Stabilize a situation by comparing it to what is expected, known and reliable. It's ambiguous, expected and known based on my perception which could be possibly wrong.
I think i do use Se more than Si.

From the above you get an idea of how my crazy mind works :yes: If you can decipher it, then let me know :blush:
If your mode of operation is to trust your instincts, that isn't Si in any way whatsoever. That's Se to the core, and most likely Se Fi. Si is the opposite of trusting instincts, it is reliance on experience and memory. From what you described it seems that you are an ESFP with a well-balanced tertiary Te. It's a common occurrence, and it often makes ExFPs seem domineering and, well, J-ish.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.9)
good use

introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************************** (51.5)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (-0.699999999999999)
unused

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************** (23.5)
limited use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************* (49.3)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.7)
good use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************ (12.7)
unused

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

First test in which I scored negative points, but accurate.

CyberHiker

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.3)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.1)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.2)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************************** (42.5)
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47.4)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************** (14)
unused

introverted Feeling (Fi) **************** (16.7)
limited use

That's it, but why are some of my shadow functions expressed greatly?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because it's not really about relative strengths.
Since Ti and Ne are the most preferred, then it makes sense that Te and Ni would also be strong, because all they are are your preferred functions in the opposite orientation.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, that's not necessarily the case. My four first functions are very strong and very balanced, but all my shadow functions suck.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In different people it will be different. It might be a difference of one person being more conscious of the shadow, and then functions 5 and 6 back up 1 and 2.
Since the test measures behaviors, and the functions are really perspectives, it could just be picking up behaviors the person is aware of.

It's just that if 5 and 6 are strong, there's a good reason it would make sense. If they're not, then no problem either. 7 and 8 can even be strong, and an explanation for that would be same side brain alternatives. Type is really #1 & 2, and the rest have to remain flexible, as far as strength.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:thinking:

mine goes 1, 7, 2, 6, 3, 5, 8, 4... impressive! :holy:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How accurate is this for other people?

I was browsing along here one day, until I saw a link that posted this site.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

I'm not sure how accurate it is, since I've always tested ENTP whenever I took it, but I got this:
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTP

How accurate do you think this test is, and why?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting...I like how pretty much I tied exactly the same with Se, Ne, and Ti, which were all the highest...maybe I'm just a xxTP :p

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got ISTP...which I have never tested as before.
Plus I tied exactly with Se, Ne, and Ti, which were the highest.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It gave me INTJ. I can't say whether it's accurate or not, however, because I might well be an INTJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It got my functions right (mostly, I think my Se is probably higher), but the actual type was wrong originally (first time I took it I got 45 for Ne and 35 for Fi, and it said INFP).

It actually isn't a very good test (the Ni questions in particular suck, they're more reminiscent of Ni + Fe), but it's the only cognitive processes test I've found.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

Your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ENTJ

---

Very accurate test, at least in my experience

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISTP, or ENTP

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it's the only test that gets my type right! :holy:

however, I already ran away from Synarch once type wise... this isn't fair! :boohoo: