• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New OCD Test

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
enhanced-buzz-3115-1420639362-45.jpg

enhanced-buzz-3115-1420639362-45.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I feel like that would be an excellent background to play tetris using projections of tetris pieces on it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like that would be an excellent background to play tetris using projections of tetris pieces on it.

Ok, but how do you think you scored on the test on a scale of 1 (low ocd) to 10 (massive ocd)?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My response was, "Wow, someone did a really stupid job with that. Hacks."

Now I'm moving on, and don't feel the need to come back with a wrecking ball.
Not really.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I changed my mind. Scoring a 1 is not good. There is a healthy amount of "OCD" that everybody should have.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What exactly am I looking at? Where is this?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
are we supposed to count how many bricks are in the building or try to estimate the climate based on brick weathering and imperfections or try to guess how many stories high it is or what? :huh:

it needs more windows... I hate buildings without enough windows :thelook:

maybe it's a high rise prison! :holy: our downtown jail is like that!

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How did that happen? I'd be afraid to walk by. Bricks could fall on my head at any moment.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The brick 166th to the right and 2382nd from the bottom is slightly askew

The whole building needs to be power washed

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you counted every single brick :shock:
Took out a protractor to estimate the angles of the bricks (can't get them exact because the image isn't high-res and the jpg artifacts get in the way), then created an n x m matrix (n is the number of columns of bricks, m the number of rows of bricks) in an Excel spreadsheet with some information on each brick, then ran some statistics on the results.

I concluded that the whole building ought to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up, as there were 1,458 bricks that were skewed or rotated (what I posted in what you quoted was just one example of such a brick). Hopefully they'll actually get it right the second time around.

Many of the bricks are different shades of maroon/red, too, at least according to the image. I'm giving the architects and contractors the benefit of the doubt and chalking that up to the jpg artifacts.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The camera angle is awkward, and who would bother taking a picture of that, anyway?

Cygnus

We supposed to get ticked off that there's a file attachment beneath the image?

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...I'm still waiting for the train to come along the tracks represented by the parallel vertical lines which run parallel alongside each other top-to-bottom approximately equidistant from the vertical axis of symmetry of the building.
And what's with that horizontal stripe of different coloured bricks which acts as a perpendicular bisector of the aforementioned railroad tracks, about halfway up the building?

I can haz cookie now? :dry:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
The camera was angled to make the building appear lopsided.

There are a few missing bricks and that white stuff on the building is something that relatively new buildings get.

The middle is a reflective section that makes the building look chopped in two and the reflection of the rows of windows have the appearance that they are "sticking out."

However, there is technically nothing wrong with the building.

It is all a matter of a person's expectations and false perception of perfection.

The photo would be a great shot to use as a background in a cop show and reminds me of something I might see on Continuum. I'm not OCD about stuff like that. I like photos, buildings and people to have character. Perfection is SO boring, besides, it doesn't exist.

There is one thing that truly disturbs me about the building...no windows. I don't like buildings without windows.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The camera was angled to make the building appear lopsided.

There are a few missing bricks and that white stuff on the building is something that relatively new buildings get.

The middle is a reflective section that makes the building look chopped in two and the reflection of the rows of windows have the appearance that they are "sticking out."

However, there is technically nothing wrong with the building.

It is all a matter of a person's expectations and false perception of perfection.

The photo would be a great shot to use as a background in a cop show and reminds me of something I might see on Continuum. I'm not OCD about stuff like that. I like photos, buildings and people to have character. Perfection is SO boring, besides, it doesn't exist.

There is one thing that truly disturbs me about the building...no windows. I don't like buildings without windows.

of course, especially if they make sausages and there's a bording school right next door. and the kids mysteriously dissapearing