• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Psychopathic Are You?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
YOUR SCORE 42%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.​

Pretty much

I responded "agree" with the risk-taking stuff. Interested in seeing how that'd be related to psychopathy.

Cygnus

They should factor Primary and Secondary psychopathy into this--lack of empathy and regard for human life vs. lack of concern for social behavior.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
They should factor Primary and Secondary psychopathy into this--lack of empathy and regard for human life vs. lack of concern for social behavior.

Mmm cheating on your spouse and lying about it (rather than having an open relationship) or not caring about the suffering of animals isn't about social behavior, it actually is real disregard for the feelings of other living things. Stepping on other people? People deserve to be conned? Yeah this is all lack of empathy to varying degrees. If you strongly agree, for example, that stepping on others is ok (rather than moderately agreeing) that pretty much indicates you don't give a fuck who you hurt to get your way.

Cygnus

Mmm cheating on your spouse and lying about it (rather than having an open relationship) or not caring about the suffering of animals isn't about social behavior, it actually is real disregard for the feelings of other living things.

Look up "Primary Psychopathy" and "Secondary Psychopathy." They exist.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Mmm cheating on your spouse and lying about it (rather than having an open relationship) or not caring about the suffering of animals isn't about social behavior, it actually is real disregard for the feelings of other living things. Stepping on other people? People deserve to be conned? Yeah this is all lack of empathy to varying degrees. If you strongly agree, for example, that stepping on others is ok (rather than moderately agreeing) that pretty much indicates you don't give a fuck who you hurt to get your way.

Nihilogen's right.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
YOUR SCORE 42%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.​

Pretty much

I responded "agree" with the risk-taking stuff. Interested in seeing how that'd be related to psychopathy.

Psychopaths don't experience normal emotions, their lack of fear and ability to simply not care about things can make them great soldiers for example, but they generally self destruct, I mentioned this earlier, I read an academic article on psychopathy in the military.

But risk taking can be a strength if it's rational, and factors in the safety of others, for example. Many conditions ranging from bipolar disorder to histrionic personality disorder can involve abnormally risky behavior, standing alone, it's not enough to make you a psychopath. In fact neither is low empathy, narcissists also have low or no empathy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

That's fine but the way you worded it made it sound like you think the empathy questions are about culture, and not about empathy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I looked into the actual handbook of psychopathy, and you do realize that lack of concern for social behavior was a really weird way to word it, like oh secondary psychopaths aren't so bad, they just have casual sex and don't use salad forks....while the primary psychopath inherently lacks normal human emotions "the emotional organization of a subhuman animal" the secondary actually feels guilt and anxiety but still only "occasionally" experiences empathy (like when it's convenient for them? )...i think barring an actual psychiatric diagnosis where the doctor could assess such a thing, low empathy and acting with an apparent disregard for others is still a feature of both.

Like Hitler sounds more like a secondary.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, all those designations are confusing, to say the least. The DSM V just classifies it all as 'antisocial' PD, which i prefer. I think it separates it from borderline.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think we need to designate antisocial from borderline from psychopathy. It's all essentially the same.

Wow, not remotely... a psychopath is akin to a predator stalking prey - a borderline person is equivalent to a wounded animal attacking anything that gets near it out of an intense overload of self-preservation.

But, an INFJ would try to categorize them all the same:

Jung on extroverted feeling:

"What she cannot feel, she cannot consciously think. 'But I can't think what I don't feel', such a type said to me once in indignant tones. As far as feeling permits, she can think very well, but every conclusion, however logical, that might lead to a disturbance of feeling is rejected from the outset. It is simply not thought."

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
27%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, all those designations are confusing, to say the least. The DSM V just classifies it all as 'antisocial' PD, which i prefer. I think it separates it from borderline.

Post your score

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
pACkwAo.png

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Borderline personality disorder has nothing to do with psychopathy. It gets confused though by some people, it's extremely unpleasant to see the way people don't recognize bpd for what it actually is, there's even one moron running around the internet saying bpd doesn't exist and they're just female psychopaths. Um, no. Psychopaths have much greater emotional control and much lower empathy. Borderlines are actually overly emotional and act out of fear of abandonment and want intense merging with others to a point that isn't healthy. I think you mistook my saying that I think my sister and her father have borderline sociopathic tendencies, and a tendency towards meanness and roughness is heritible, and at the very least influences a persons capacity to be later diagnosed as ASPD or psychopaths in criminal capacity.

Psychopaths do have genetic traits, they've been studied for years, and successful or corporate psychopaths usually just come from more priveleged background where they were shielded from consequences by family, money, social position, etc.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4

"Secondary Psychopathy" sounds like something that a psychopathic APA doctor who enjoys breaking the Nuremberg Code and micromanaging society would come up with to explain people who don't do or believe everything he says...

After the A.P.A. actually altered its bylaws to allow psychologists to assist the government in the torture of people - I stopped giving them much of any credibility whatsoever.

Also, they don't consider "Sadistic Personality Disorder" (enjoying inflicting pain and controlling people) a disorder, but they consider any resistance to any authority or control "antisocial."

á´…eparted

passages
After the A.P.A. actually altered its bylaws to allow psychologists to assist the government in the torture of people - I stopped giving them much of any credibility whatsoever.

This is a terrible reason to stop giving them credit. Because they assisted in torture (which I'd imagine isn't in the way you think, granted I am not condoning torture), the organization suddenly isn't able to diagnosed, explain, organized, or state what mental disorders are or are not? The APA is not perfect, but no organization is perfect. If you don't put stock into the APA, then what do you put stock into as an authority of psychology?

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
This is a terrible reason to stop giving them credit. Because they assisted in torture (which I'd imagine isn't in the way you think, granted I am not condoning torture), the organization suddenly isn't able to diagnosed, explain, organized, or state what mental disorders are or are not? The APA is not perfect, but no organization is perfect. If you don't put stock into the APA, then what do you put stock into as an authority of psychology?

They didn't just participate, they altered their bylaws for that explicit purpose. Dr. Paul McHugh, former dean of Psychiatry at John Hopkins, has taken issue with the credibility of a lot of disorders the APA has been putting out, suggesting they're straying into the territory of social engineering rather than helping sick people, in so many words. I believe him to some extent on that account - especially given their apparent belief that sadistic behavior is actually not a disorder.

The APA has assisted in numerous government experiments and projects which violated the Nuremberg code over the past decades - I trust them about as much as I trust the USSR's psychological establishment.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
45%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

Meh.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, not remotely... a psychopath is akin to a predator stalking prey - a borderline person is equivalent to a wounded animal attacking anything that gets near it out of an intense overload of self-preservation.

But, an INFJ would try to categorize them all the same:

Jung on extroverted feeling:

"What she cannot feel, she cannot consciously think. 'But I can't think what I don't feel', such a type said to me once in indignant tones. As far as feeling permits, she can think very well, but every conclusion, however logical, that might lead to a disturbance of feeling is rejected from the outset. It is simply not thought."

Oh! Nice quote!

I was coming back to say that from the point of view of the victim, they are not the same. But from the point of view of the world, they kind of seem alike in how they manifest from what I've heard and read. I have no experience (that I know of) dealing with them irl. They both manipulate excessively and cause harm to others, and have extreme difficulty maintaining a healthy relationship, so that is how I meant they are essentially the same.

It is about perspective. Interesting that you identify with the perspective from the victim side, and I identify with the perspective from the outer side.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Borderline personality disorder has nothing to do with psychopathy. It gets confused though by some people, it's extremely unpleasant to see the way people don't recognize bpd for what it actually is, there's even one moron running around the internet saying bpd doesn't exist and they're just female psychopaths. Um, no. Psychopaths have much greater emotional control and much lower empathy. Borderlines are actually overly emotional and act out of fear of abandonment and want intense merging with others to a point that isn't healthy. I think you mistook my saying that I think my sister and her father have borderline sociopathic tendencies, and a tendency towards meanness and roughness is heritible, and at the very least influences a persons capacity to be later diagnosed as ASPD or psychopaths in criminal capacity.

Psychopaths do have genetic traits, they've been studied for years, and successful or corporate psychopaths usually just come from more priveleged background where they were shielded from consequences by family, money, social position, etc.

I am impressed by your knowledge regarding this stuff. :)