• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a psychopath?

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
You COULD be a Psychopath.
You
Sometimes you are a little distant from other people. You are no stranger to difficult times and a little depression, but overall, you are fairly friendly, outgoing and enjoy the company of others. You don't like to be on your own too much, you are very empathic, and you do feel bad when you see someone in need (heck, you might even help others from time to time!)
Don't worry about your potential to become a psychopath, as long as you keep yourself surrounded with good people and a healthy lifestyle, you will be fine!

Can You Pass The Psychopath Test?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no. i'm not a psychopath.

i have the opposite problem. my bleeding heart's too bleedy.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The complete OPPOSITE of a Psychopath!

A psychopath? You?! Come on!

You are the nicest, most happy-go-lucky person out there!
You always have a smile on your face, you always have positive thoughts, you LOVE helping others and surrounding yourself with friends and family. What are you even taking this quiz for?

Well, I don't always have positive thoughts lol...

baccheion

NOT a Psychopath.

You passed the psychopath test!

You are a smart, assertive and dedicated person, but you are NOT a psychopath!

You like to speak with other people, work, travel and learn. You don't feel caged in your daily life, and you are always there for others.

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
If you checked people against the ASPD criteria you'd find about a fifth of the population are supposedly psychopaths.

But playbuzz seems to think I am.

So that's pretty definitive.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You passed the psychopath test!

You are a smart, assertive and dedicated person, but you are NOT a psychopath!
You like to speak with other people, work, travel and learn. You don't feel caged in your daily life, and you are always there for others.

I'm slightly surprised that I completely passed :p

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
It would appear that I did not pass the psychopath test. Maybe next time I'll be a bit less honest. :p

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Umm we're a little scared to say this but ok, here we go: You didn't pass the psychopath test.

You are not a very social person, you prefer being alone in your apartment, doing your own thing, with no intervention from the outside world. You are not a very empathic person, but you don't see that as a problem, you see that as an advantage!
Our advice to you is to try to be more social (without kidnapping anyone!), and see how you feel, you might like it!
Not very scientific.

Mane

Permabanned
Antisocial test aside, this brings an interesting question to mind... If you were a psychopath, how would you know?

Modern psychology has determined that psychopath's emotions towards others are fake, that they convince themselves and others that they have feelings and attachments but those aren't real, which creates the same problem as a philosophical zombie, except with regards to emotions rather than the whole sentience.

This means that as far as you would experience - as far as you would know - you would think your emotions and attachments are real, just like you would if you weren't a psychopath.

So... How would you know?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't have to do this test to know i am not one.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know three people who are psychopaths. It's quite obvious from their behaviour.

They disgust me and mind you they aren't as enigmatic or intelligent as potrayed in movies. One of them is intelligent. But he is overwhelmingly phony it's too obvious to like him in any way or to admire him for his intelligence.

All three of them are socially conscious and competent mainly because they are parasites but their compulsive lying and need to be influential always gets them in trouble.

What disgusts me more is not them but people who keep on forgiving them and interacting with them.

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
Antisocial test aside, this brings an interesting question to mind... If you were a psychopath, how would you know?

Modern psychology has determined that psychopath's emotions towards others are fake, that they convince themselves and others that they have feelings and attachments but those aren't real, which creates the same problem as a philosophical zombie, except with regards to emotions rather than the whole sentience.

This means that as far as you would experience - as far as you would know - you would think your emotions and attachments are real, just like you would if you weren't a psychopath.

I've previously read that quite a few more intelligent sociopaths are self-aware and know that they are different, they don't always necessarily know they're sociopaths but they know something's not quite right in the ol' noggin. Unfortunately that doesn't actually change their behaviour as the nature of ASPD means that they either don't care or see it as a positive thing.

Mane

Permabanned
I've previously read that quite a few more intelligent sociopaths are self-aware and know that they are different, they don't always necessarily know they're sociopaths but they know something's not quite right in the ol' noggin.

Ahuh. Excluding children, what would you estimate is the percentage of the general population who have never thought they are different and have never suspected that there might be something wrong with them?

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
Ahuh. Excluding children, what would you estimate is the percentage of the general population who have never thought they are different and have never suspected that there might be something wrong with them?

I don't really see how that's a relevant question, since it can be used as an argument against self-diagnosis in general. The implication is that specifically psychopaths are incapable of self-awareness, and I argue that they're just as capable or incapable as people with any other personality disorder.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

The machine is not self-conscious. The machine has no repercussions. Otherwise, think about all the people as the machines and zombies is symptomatic, and worrying.

Mane

Permabanned
I don't really see how that's a relevant question, since it can be used as an argument against self-diagnosis in general. The implication is that specifically psychopaths are incapable of self-awareness, and I argue that they're just as capable or incapable as people with any other personality disorder.

Not really - effective self diagnosis follows common patterns between the experiences unique to people with certain conditions and are otherwise uncommon. Here we are doing the exact opposite, diagnosing that otherwise common experiences as uniquely fake for a certain segment of the population.

I can point a finger at you - or anyone - and call you a philosophical zombie, a non sentient biological machine that is able to externally mimic signs and expressions of sentience, and you're not going to be able to prove otherwise. Likewise, I can point a finger at you - or anyone - and call you a psychopath, someone who deceives themselves and others that they have real emotions attachments and empathy for people around them and act's as if they are real, and you wouldn't be able to prove otherwise, to me or to yourself.

That doesn't mean there aren't people who think they are psychopaths, and some people will belong to both groups (Think they are psychopaths and actually be psychopaths). What it does mean is that the current commonly accepted hypothesis behind how psychopathy works and the essentials of what it is rely on extremely flawed reasoning.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
bc8511c2-60c3-4b92-8cbb-d12ffc521ce4.jpg

Chuffney

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3/8
Instinctual Variant
so
Not really - effective self diagnosis follows common patterns between the experiences unique to people with certain conditions and are otherwise uncommon. Here we are doing the exact opposite, diagnosing that otherwise common experiences as uniquely fake for a certain segment of the population.

I can point a finger at you - or anyone - and call you a philosophical zombie, a non sentient biological machine that is able to externally mimic signs and expressions of sentience, and you're not going to be able to prove otherwise. Likewise, I can point a finger at you - or anyone - and call you a psychopath, someone who deceives themselves and others that they have real emotions attachments and empathy for people around them and act's as if they are real, and you wouldn't be able to prove otherwise, to me or to yourself.

That doesn't mean there aren't people who think they are psychopaths, and some people will belong to both groups (Think they are psychopaths and actually be psychopaths). What it does mean is that the current commonly accepted hypothesis behind how psychopathy works and the essentials of what it is rely on extremely flawed reasoning.

Yeah fair enough.