• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Movie Director Are You?

DsTeP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Federico Felllini
Federico
You have a warm, naturalistic approach to movie-making, with themes that are both fantastic yet self-reflective, sensual yet brutal; your camera follows the joys of free sensuality of youth and love in tandem with the mood of is before you.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Federico Fellini
You have a warm, naturalistic approach to movie-making, with themes that are both fantastic yet self-reflective, sensual yet brutal; your camera follows the joys of free sensuality of youth and love in tandem with the mood of is before you.

brainheart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ingmar Bergman

Your subjects are the sensual from under the restricted, youth and nature acting out repressed desires, forever concerned with breaking out from the confines we find ourselves in; and with an uncanny eye for casting, utilizing actors for every whisper, for every held breath, your camera is held close and low to emphasize the smallest shifts of emotional moments.

I'm trying to figure out how it got me right when I didn't want to choose any of the answers they gave me.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ingmar Bergman

Your subjects are the sensual from under the restricted, youth and nature acting out repressed desires, forever concerned with breaking out from the confines we find ourselves in; and with an uncanny eye for casting, utilizing actors for every whisper, for every held breath, your camera is held close and low to emphasize the smallest shifts of emotional moments.

Atomic Fiend

Steven Spielberg

With subject matter concerning those on the fringes, the taken-for-granted, the unknown, the almost-forgotten, accidental everyday heroes, and innocents affected, your vision is broad, yet always from the subjective of the protagonist, using the pathos of music, sweeping dollies to reveal the forces of what are to come.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Steven Spielberg
9e65ec7e-fdd5-4db4-aa99-73e9a5f330bc.jpg

With subject matter concerning those on the fringes, the taken-for-granted, the unknown, the almost-forgotten, accidental everyday heroes, and innocents affected, your vision is broad, yet always from the subjective of the protagonist, using the pathos of music, sweeping dollies to reveal the forces of what are to come.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Stanley Kubrick

You are obsessed with obsession and often the obsessed; employing techniques that constantly challenge the way films are crafted; with protagonists that are find themselves imploding within the very worlds they helped create.

Yay! I'd have accepted David Lynch too, though I don't think he was among the possible results.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got Kubrick.

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got Spielberg but was hoping for something cool like Danny Boyle or Antonia Bird, meh.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I got: Steven Spielberg.

"With subject matter concerning those on the fringes, the taken-for-granted, the unknown, the almost-forgotten, accidental everyday heroes, and innocents affected, your vision is broad, yet always from the subjective of the protagonist, using the pathos of music, sweeping dollies to reveal the forces of what are to come."

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I just watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind for the 4,000th time in a row?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Ingmar Bergman

Your subjects are the sensual from under the restricted, youth and nature acting out repressed desires, forever concerned with breaking out from the confines we find ourselves in; and with an uncanny eye for casting, utilizing actors for every whisper, for every held breath, your camera is held close and low to emphasize the smallest shifts of emotional moments

Kas

Fabula rasa
Jean-Luc Godard
Intent more on commentating on the process of cinema itself, on the characters both inside and outside of the story, on the techniques and the forms of expression used by film and how they relate to the audience, you use random voice-overs, jump-cuts, and an ever moving camera that occasionally jars, often with a humor that acts as a meta-commentary on the commentary process itself.

Haha funny, my last film obsession was À bout de souffle <3
Still little disappointed I haven't got Bergman

Ingmar Bergman

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Steven Spielberg

9e65ec7e-fdd5-4db4-aa99-73e9a5f330bc.jpg

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fun quiz.

Stanley Kubrick description said:
You are obsessed with obsession and often the obsessed; employing techniques that constantly challenge the way films are crafted; with protagonists that are find themselves imploding within the very worlds they helped create.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Steven Spielberg