• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Long Would You Survive In A Horror Movie?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
xEL2snTLij5l.jpg

No contest.

lol @ #PTSD

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Abed from community gave some good advice as to how to survive in a horror movie. If interested you should youtube or google it. It's highly practical and would be applicable in situations where your life is threatened in a trapped scenario.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no. That can't be. You're an INTJ. You must use your Ni-Te superpowers to devise a plan [then implement it] which stops the opening credits from ever rolling in the first place.
Compliment accepted. By the way, in a totally unrelated thought, how come you never see the Kobayashi Maru in horror flicks? :dry:

gromit

likes this
Final girl.

Does that mean last person alive, or simply last female alive?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Final girl.

Does that mean last person alive, or simply last female alive?

Final Girl is traditionally a trope surrounding a virtuous or even virgin woman who eludes death with her purity. She was traditionally plainer than the sexually active characters, like the androgynous Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween. In truth the first final girl was Olivia Hussey in Black Christmas who was sexually active, dumped her boyfriend and had an abortion. Black Christmas tends to be overlooked by the mainstream, and the first sexually active mainstream final girl was Sydney in Scream. However Heather Langencamp stands out as an in between final girl who stayed with the Virgin stereotype but actually kicked ass in NoES, I think she really inspired me as a ten year old girl, horror movies have always been my preferred action films. Final girls now typically are more well rounded and now fight back (like the new Laurie Strode in Rob Zombies Halloween, or even Jamie Lee Curtis tougher mature version in H2O, the survivalist in You're Next is a recent example)...

gromit

likes this
Final Girl is traditionally a trope surrounding a virtuous or even virgin woman who eludes death with her purity. She was traditionally plainer than the sexually active characters, like the androgynous Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween. In truth the first final girl was Olivia Hussey in Black Christmas who was sexually active, dumped her boyfriend and had an abortion. Black Christmas tends to be overlooked by the mainstream, and the first sexually active mainstream final girl was Sydney in Scream. However Heather Langencamp stands out as an in between final girl who stayed with the Virgin stereotype but actually kicked ass in NoES, I think she really inspired me as a ten year old girl, horror movies have always been my preferred action films. Final girls now typically are more well rounded and now fight back (like the new Laurie Strode in Rob Zombies Halloween, or even Jamie Lee Curtis tougher mature version in H2O, the survivalist in You're Next is a recent example)...

That doesn't really answer my question...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Third victim:cry:

I suck at horror stuffs !

"When did you lose your virginity ?" :wtf: Ok...I did not have a terrific orgasm that day but... it was not awful either.

I never slept with Scream:troll:

Third victim isn't terrible, they are probably gauging by your sexual purity from the old school virgin trope. Third to die are usually still significant characters like the brave but bitchy character Margot Kidder played in Black Christmas, I actually always identified with her more, her fatal flaw being her alcoholic bravado, but she was still stronger than the first couple of victims. Usually airheads, mean jocks, vapid nice girls with no spine and people having illicit sex die before the third to die. It could be worse. These tropes only apply to slasher flicks, btw.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That doesn't really answer my question...

That's what Final Girl is. She is a main character meeting the description above over time, it's an archetype. No she's not always the last person alive, but sometimes can be.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got final girl. Knowing what the trope is now, it makes sense.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Compliment accepted. By the way, in a totally unrelated thought, how come you never see the Kobayashi Maru in horror flicks? :dry:

Probably because I never watch horror flicks. Hehe. But, a non smart Alec answer is, I'm not sure.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wondrous and joyful.
xEL2snTLij5l.jpg

Evo

Unapologetic being