• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

temperament test and poll (Hippocrates)

What temperament combination are you?

• Total voters

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Choleric, 60 percent; Melancholy, 33 percent; Sanguine, 8 percent.

Currently operating at 101 percent.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Personality / Temperament for tara

Test taken on June 4th 2007

Personality: Sanguine Phlegmatic

Melancholy Strength:3 Weakness:6
23%

Phlegmatic Strength:6 Weakness:3
23%

Sanguine Strength:10 Weakness:11
53%

Choleric Strength:0 Weakness:0
0%

webpage

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first time I took this test was from a big, chubby, mean pastor and his family. They went on and on about how mean Cholerics are and how they ran them out of town and how his mother-in-law was horrible Choleric, but acted nice to strangers. I was fifteen, and tried to answer all the questions 'correctly' and came out Choleric-Sanguine or something. We were all sitting in a circle and I started crying when he was saying how horrible and bossy Cholerics were, etc. I said, "I don't think I'm a mean horrible person" :cry: And they went on and on and on.

This system is taken from the Medieval concept of temperament based on the four primary bodily fluids known at that time. It is amusing that the temperament Phlegmatic is based on the bodily fluid phlem. :smile: I know Sanguine is blood, and am not certain of the other two.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The first time I took this test was from a big, chubby, mean pastor and his family. They went on and on about how mean Cholerics are and how they ran them out of town and how his mother-in-law was horrible Choleric, but acted nice to strangers. I was fifteen, and tried to answer all the questions 'correctly' and came out Choleric-Sanguine or something. We were all sitting in a circle and I started crying when he was saying how horrible and bossy Cholerics were, etc. I said, "I don't think I'm a mean horrible person" :cry: And they went on and on and on.

This system is taken from the Medieval concept of temperament based on the four primary bodily fluids known at that time. It is amusing that the temperament Phlegmatic is based on the bodily fluid phlem. :smile: I know Sanguine is blood, and am not certain of the other two.

Oh lucky you. Sloppy students of the LaHayes, I assume. :doh:

I believe choleric and melancholic are black bile and yellow bile and I'm thinking choleric is yellow bile, but I can't remember for sure.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Yeah, this theory is partly LaHaye's "invention".
Aside the Christian judgementalism, this temperament theory can be useful.
BTW, cholerics: Joyce Meyer (a female Christian pastor who's actually very successful in her ministry) is all choleric....

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Turns out I'm snotty. ;)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BTW, cholerics: Joyce Meyer (a female Christian pastor who's actually very successful in her ministry) is all choleric....

My little anecdote was intended to amuse more than inform. :yes: I do like the higher resolution of MBTI overall, but haven't studied this other one in that much depth. Maybe I'll go take it again.

Your personality is Melancholy Phlegmatic.
Melancholy Strength:7 Weakness:9
40%
Phlegmatic Strength:6 Weakness:7
33%
Sanguine Strength:6 Weakness:3
23%
Choleric Strength:1 Weakness:1
5%

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ugggh. I haven't looked at LaHaye's recent work, or derivations of it. He's not even a personality theorist, he's an End-Times theologian.

I did read his "Spirit-Filled Temperament" when I was a teenager, 20 + years ago. It was a nice baby primer on personality theory, but I quickly abandoned it as insufficient; it seemed to cookie-cutter everyone, based on the four Greek humors.

Anyhoo: Your personality is Phlegmatic (50%) Melancholy (35%)

(Looking at descriptions: "A decent administrator"? OH PLEASE.)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Absolutely. And the LaHayes may be way off the deep end in a lot of ways, but I'm pretty sure they had no intention of people using their theories in the way that the pastor Toonia encountered used them.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Sanguine Phlegmatic – SanPhleg – Hi i High S in DiSC parlance The Sanguine Phlegmatic is friendly and calm at the same time. Not as outgoing as most Sanguines, the Sanguine Phlegmatic is the person voted ‘most friendly’ in yearbooks. They like to be around people and don’t have the need to be the ‘life of the party’, as some Sanguines do. This blend makes a great and empathic listener; they generate an immediate trust that people will open up to.

Unfortunately, the lack of organization of the Sanguine coupled with the tendency towards laziness in the Phlegmatic can combine into an awesome “I don’t care” attitude concerning work organization, home cleanliness, and the inability to follow through with important promises. This blend may not have balanced their checkbook for months (years?) and may often have to react quickly to late notices.

I have to laugh b/c it's so me.... I have never balanced my cheque book.... and um the scarey thing is that this is also my husbands personality type..... um .... yeah it's an issue.....

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Melancholy: 43%
Phlegmatic: 35%
Sanguine: 0%
Choleric: 23%

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Melancholy Strength:4 Weakness:9
33%

Phlegmatic Strength:8 Weakness:8
40%

Sanguine Strength:2 Weakness:2
10%

Choleric Strength:6 Weakness:1
18%

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Your personality is Sanguine Choleric.
Melancholy Strength:1 Weakness:4
13%
Phlegmatic Strength:1 Weakness:3
10%
Sanguine Strength:12 Weakness:5
43%
Choleric Strength:6 Weakness:8
35%

I think this is an interesting test. I got the results at first and thought wait aren't Sanguine/Choleric opposites? It stated they are a 'study in contrasts', then it mentioned salespeople :). I really don't like paperwork at all either. I thought it was pretty accurate!

Meursault

Melancholy Strength:7 Weakness:7 35%
Phlegmatic Strength:4 Weakness:4 20%
Sanguine Strength:5 Weakness:3 20%
Choleric Strength:4 Weakness:6 25%