• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

temperament test and poll (Hippocrates)

What temperament combination are you?

• Total voters

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Choleric- 57% Strength:14 Weakness:9
Sanguine- 28% Strength:4 Weakness:7
Melancholy- 10% Strength:1 Weakness:3
Phlegmatic- 5% Strength:1 Weakness:1

I love the bodily fluids they choose to base character on.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Personality: Melancholy Sanguine
Melancholy Strength:10 Weakness:6
40%

Read more about Melancholy Strengths
Read more about Melancholy Weaknesses
Phlegmatic Strength:2 Weakness:8
25%

Read more about Phlegmatic Strengths
Read more about Phlegmatic Weaknesses
Sanguine Strength:6 Weakness:5
28%

Read more about Sanguine Strengths
Read more about Sanguine Weaknesses
Choleric Strength:2 Weakness:1
8%

Read more about Choleric Strengths
Read more about Choleric Weaknesses

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Choleric Sanguine – CholSan – High D High i in DiSC parlance.

The Choleric Sanguine can be strongly persuasive. Having the driven nature of the Choleric, the Sanguine secondary type can be ‘used’ to persuade others by means of their outgoing nature. The weakness of the Choleric is a tendency towards anger; one weakness of the Sanguine is brief but intense outbursts of strong feeling. A Sanguine doesn’t hold on to these feelings for long; once over, they return to their normal cheery selves. In a Choleric Sanguine, however, anger can be sustained and loud. Rather than gradually fading, a Choleric Sanguine may hold a ‘grudge’ for a very long period of time.

It may be stereotypical, but a Choleric Sanguine makes an excellent outside sales person; combining drive with the ability to charm.

Okay, seriously, what? Why do all the personality tests I take lately seem completely inaccurate?

Eh, anyway, here were my results...

Choleric (33%) Strength:5 Weakness:8
Sanguine (33%) Strength:7 Weakness:6
Phlegmatic (23%) Strength:5 Weakness:4
Melancholy (13%) Strength:3 Weakness:2

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Your personality is Melancholy Phlegmatic.

Melancholy Strength:6 Weakness:10
40%
Phlegmatic Strength:9 Weakness:5
35%
Sanguine Strength:1 Weakness:0
3%
Choleric Strength:4 Weakness:5
23%

wolfy

awsm
Melancholy Strength:18%
Phlegmatic Strength:35%
Sanguine 25%
Choleric 23%

That's about right.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your personality is Melancholy Sanguine.

Melancholy Strength:9 Weakness:8 43%
Phlegmatic Strength:3 Weakness:4 18%
Sanguine Strength:5 Weakness:5 25%
Choleric Strength:3 Weakness:3 15%

Retook the test, last time I scored San-Mel, now Mel-San. I think I'm starting to be too knowledgeable about the tests.

Personality: Melancholy Sanguine

Only you and me Dwigie! :p

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Melancholy Strength:6 Weakness:6
30%

Phlegmatic Strength:11 Weakness:13
60%

Sanguine Strength:1 Weakness:1
5%

Choleric Strength:2 Weakness:0
5%

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Okay I just retook this and got Phlegmatic and Choleric as my top two. Doesn't this seem a bit contradictory?

Phlegmatic Strength:5 Weakness:9- 35%
Choleric Strength:8 Weakness:4- 30%
Melancholy Strength:5 Weakness:6- 28%
Sanguine Strength:2 Weakness:1- 8%

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Phlegmatic Strength:11 Weakness:10 53%
Melancholy Strength:7 Weakness:7 35%
Choleric Strength:1 Weakness:2 8%
Sanguine Strength:1 Weakness:1 5%

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your personality is Phlegmatic Melancholy.
Melancholy Strength:6 Weakness:7
33%
Phlegmatic Strength:12 Weakness:9
53%
Sanguine Strength:2 Weakness:2
10%
Choleric Strength:0 Weakness:2
5%

I guess it is better than the 9 question test we took in school.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
From wolfy's link:

Most of it is off. Only the underlined parts are somewhat fitting. Ah well.

Helper Pattern

Phlegmatic-Melancholy

"S-C"

The Helper is more consistent than the other Phlegmatics. They are very routine, accommodating and passive. Patience, control and deliberateness characterize the usual behavior of this amiable and easy going individual. This determined and persistent individual brings a deceptively intense approach to the task. Being low-key, their involvement in a task is not easily observed. They are calm, steady and persevering. They are successful because of persistence. After starting a project they will usually see it through to completion. They are independent, questioning and thorough in their approach and will follow through. They want to operate by themselves and set their own pace. They are very possessive of family, material things and friends. Once their mind is made up they will resist any other method of approach. They prefer work of a technical nature and involvement with a limited number of people. They approach a task with calculated moderation. They are always willing to help those they consider to be their friend.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Melancholy Choleric.

Melancholy Strength:9 Weakness:8 43%
Phlegmatic Strength:2 Weakness:5 18%
Sanguine Strength:1 Weakness:3 10%
Choleric Strength:8 Weakness:4 30%

The test adds up to 101% :huh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Phlegmatic 35% (7, 7)
Sanguine 33% (5, 8)

I think it fits, this is quite revealing, an enneagram 3 INFP...

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay I just retook this and got Phlegmatic and Choleric as my top two. Doesn't this seem a bit contradictory?
No, not at all. Allthe four temperament blend together in different types. For an INTP, INP (Behind the Scenes)=Phlegmatic; NT=Choleric. Some are coming out Melancholy instead, but in your case, it matches perfectly!

From wolfy's link:

Most of it is off. Only the underlined parts are somewhat fitting. Ah well.

Helper Pattern

Phlegmatic-Melancholy

"S-C"

The Helper is more consistent than the other Phlegmatics. They are very routine, accommodating and passive. Patience, control and deliberateness characterize the usual behavior of this amiable and easy going individual. This determined and persistent individual brings a deceptively intense approach to the task. Being low-key, their involvement in a task is not easily observed. They are calm, steady and persevering. They are successful because of persistence. After starting a project they will usually see it through to completion. They are independent, questioning and thorough in their approach and will follow through. They want to operate by themselves and set their own pace. They are very possessive of family, material things and friends. Once their mind is made up they will resist any other method of approach. They prefer work of a technical nature and involvement with a limited number of people. They approach a task with calculated moderation. They are always willing to help those they consider to be their friend.

Your score was very Phlegmatic, and I would expect the INFP to be pure Phlegmatic. This test does not seem to yield "pure" temperaments. Whichever one scores second place is assumed to be a blending with the primary temperament. So you're probably not really a Phleg-Mel (I would expect ISFJ to fit this better, or in the reverse, INFJ), but rather a pure Phlegmatic, ans in this test, Melancholy just happened to come up second.

From that site, try this page: PD Services Page and see if the description of the pure Phlegmatic is more accurate.

Phlegmatic 35% (7, 7)
Sanguine 33% (5, 8)

I think it fits, this is quite revealing, an enneagram 3 INFP...

As INFP, yes, you would be very Phlegmatic. If the Sanguine is to be taken into account as blended with Phlegmatic, it would also suggest ISFP or ENFP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As INFP, yes, you would be very Phlegmatic. If the Sanguine is to be taken into account as blended with Phlegmatic, it would also suggest ISFP or ENFP.

:huh:, I think I'll just consider INFP for now :smile:

wolfy

awsm
Melancholy Strength:18%
Phlegmatic Strength:35%
Sanguine 25%
Choleric 23%

That's about right.

I guess then my numbers would make sense for an ISFP.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Sanguine melancholy.

The strengths and weaknesses seem to negate each other though, makes no sense. :shock:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Phlegmatic Melancholy.

Melancholy 28%
Phlegmatic 43%
Sanguine 18%