• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feminist Test

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Terminology is a lot less important to me than what people actually believe.

Words =/= actions

Then I suspect you might not be accurately interpreting others' motives, because very few people actually believe or act in a way consistent with what you stated above.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd burn my bras, but I kind of need them.

You Are 89% Feminist

feminist-5.jpg

You are a total feminist. This doesn't mean you're a man hater (in fact, you may be a man).
You just think that men and women should be treated equally. It's a simple idea but somehow complicated for the world to put into action.​

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure if anti-feminists...

...or feminazis.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I was just agreeing with you're comment on feminism being inherently divisive, they seem to give men's issues some lip service but it is ultimately backhanded condensation. I brought up men's issues because it is indispensable when talking about gender equality and being egalitarian, do you consider yourself egalitarian?

I don't much care for labels but egalitarian wouldn't be objectionable.
I don't have a stance regarding men's issues but both sides ought to be happy when we achieve equality. IOW can't we all just get along?
Maybe I've read stuff from the wrong feminists but too many appear intent upon punishing men due to the sins of our ancestors & I just can't give any support to that type mindset. When feminists get over the inequalities of the past & step up to the plate to live as equals, I'll welcome them with open arms.
I'd prefer to elevate women by acknowledging equality of the sexes, heck create an equality holiday but I can't support further driving a wedge between the sexes.
Science has already created artificial sperm cells capable of rendering men obsolete, their next unicorn was to create an artificial ovum nearly rendering women obsolete for reproduction. Science may as well develop an artificial womb so that neither sex requires the other to have children & then the militant sexists on both sides can go jump in a lake for all I care.
Scientists Create Sperm and Eggs from Skin Cells, Regardless of Donor Gender

Those radical feminists & MRAs wishing to further divide the sexes ought to merely convince government of the merits of mass sterilization of newborns, they could sell it as global population control by allowing very few lucky individuals (maybe by lottery system) to pay mucho dineros for the privileged of creating a genetically engineered human baby.

G

Ginkgo

The Basic Feminist
You are 77% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist

You're a Feminist! Congratulations!

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!

ARE YOU HAPPY [MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION]??? :irked:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The only thing I hate about feminism is the name. It should not have gendered associations if it's trying to make genders more equal.

In most civilized countries there are very little, if any, differences between genders in the eyes of the law. The most common exception is the military service which in some places is mandatory for men and voluntary for women (or shorter). Naturally men can't have maternity leave, but especially here in Nordic countries men have a good chance to participate during the early weeks/months.

The issue is more of an issue of attitudes, and it goes both ways. Women get less salary, are seen as less authoritative and generally less capable. Men on the other hand are the first to suffer in crisis. Wars, economic depressions and sociopolitical instabilities hit men first. Great majority of criminals, drug users, suicide victims, homeless and mental patients are men. Men more often draw the shorter straw in divorces and custody battles. Men are expected to provide, shelter and protect, and not be sheltered, provided for or protected.

Gender inequalities exists both ways, and we just need to get rid of these ridiculous gender roles and consider people as people first, not as men or women. And f*ck that Girl Power-thing. Girls have no special powers, at least no more than boys.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I don't see anything wrong with trying to rid of something that hinders a lot of people.

At what cost?

Removing gender roles lowers the stability of a relationship. Each party is worth less because they are less dependent on one another by performing the same functions. Another consequence of this is that less of anything gets done - which is why blurring gender roles reduces efficiency. Big businesses want as many women working as possible as this increases the pool of workers, meaning each individual has lower value as an economic unit.

But of course this is just me...

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
At what cost?

Removing gender roles lowers the stability of a relationship. Each party is worth less because they are less dependent on one another by performing the same functions.

Gender roles aren't the only roles we have, you know. There are still the same roles to be shared between the participants, this time they just aren't shared automatically, but by the participants themselves. I'm better food maker than my wife, and I enjoy it more. Why does she still have to do it for me? She gets stressed by it and we both get worse food. Who wins in that?

My wife is better driver than me and enjoys it more. Why do I have to drive her everywhere? I would stress it more and our journey would be more dangerous. Who wins in that?

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The emerging consensus is that a fetus develops that kind of awareness at around 26 weeks, which is about the same amount of time it seems to take for a fetus to be able to feel pain. In the US, most abortions are performed within 14 weeks, but some states allow you to do it until the 24th week. After 24 weeks it's only allowed to abort if the pregnancy is a threat to the woman's health.

Also:

From: Neonatal perception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If a fetus a few weeks old can be considered a life form, so can a spermatozoon, in which case protected sex and male masturbation is on the same moral level as abortion.

Well, but from what I read fetuses move from abortion tools when they are about to be removed. Means that on the early stages they already have a basic form of self - preservation instinct. I still believe that abortion should only be used when there is no other way to save the woman' s life, and when there is absolutely no way to save the baby.
Are you a vegan? Just curious.

No, since meat contains necessary nutritions for my organism to function properly, however I' m really sorry that I can' t replace meat with anything else. I hope that they will be able to grow a synthetic meat in the future, though.
Reliable sources say you should look for Ukrainian women.

I' m Ukrainian LOL And I' m not nurturing, emotional. I don' t sit at home and I am a feminist. Don' t speak for those you don' t know personally.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No, since meat contains necessary nutritions for my organism to function properly, however I' m really sorry that I can' t replace meat with anything else.
Sure, keep telling yourself that. What if you're just self-righteous, refusing to accept subjective values other than your own?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I' m Ukrainian LOL And I' m not nurturing, emotional. I don' t sit at home and I am a feminist. Don' t speak for those you don' t know personally.
Oh, I know a black nazi.

blackfoolnazi.jpg

everything you read about them being white is automatically invalid

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, but from what I read fetuses move from abortion tools when they are about to be removed. Means that on the early stages they already have a basic form of self - preservation instinct. I still believe that abortion should only be used when there is no other way to save the woman' s life, and when there is absolutely no way to save the baby.
That's also a myth, probably stemming from this anti-abortion propaganda film: The Silent Scream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like I said, they're not conscious until about the 26th week. They can't make purposeful movements. It could be a reflex in response to external stimuli, but that's not the same as making resistance.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are women thinking they're more desirable to men if they are not a feminist?
That's a fact, ime.

Considering fat acceptance movements, hairy armpits acceptance movements, and everything-that's-unnatractive-to-men acceptance movements, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

student-feminism-gallery.jpg

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a fact, ime.

Considering fat acceptance movements, hairy armpits acceptance movements, and everything-that's-unnatractive-to-men acceptance movements, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

student-feminism-gallery.jpg
Ok well, that's beside the point of feminism. As in, the men who are worth our attention will like us no matter what, and it's perfectly ok to be lesbian or asexual and not give a damn whether men think we are attractive.

I'm not advocating every woman stop shaving and get fat because being fat is unhealthy and I find shaving attractive, but for the minority of women who like it it's their business.

I'm as feminist as they come and men have been all over me for the last few years, ever since I became confident and decided to just love myself and do what I want. Granted I'm thin and shave, but I live according to my own aesthetic standards which happen to be mainly congruent with the mainstream. Feminism is exercising your autonomy to make your own choices. Apparently they find me attractive on the inside as well. So being a feminist really has nothing to do with your desirability, and women have everything to gain by it and little to lose, so they should really just do it.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I know a black nazi.

blackfoolnazi.jpg

everything you read about them being white is automatically invalid

That reminds me of that Dave Chappelle skit. That was really funny. Is this guy serious?