• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feminist Test

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Basic Feminist

You are 72% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist
You're a Feminist! Congratulations!

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!

I think of a "feminist" as simply a person who believes that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men (and I certainly consider myself one), but I acknowledge that the word has accumulated some negative connotations (namely that feminists believe in the superiority of women and see most men as oppressors). Honestly, I'm careful about using the word (and I always feel the need to explain what it means when I do use it) because of the potential for semantic misunderstandings, and I also know better than to automatically assume someone who says they aren't a feminist is an anti women's rights bigot who wants to return to 1950s-style gender roles.

gromit

likes this
Accurate, except that I don't hesitate to call myself feminist and have never read any feminist literature. No need to intellectualize common sense and decency.

Samesies! It is too bad feminism has become a dirty word for so many. That is part of the reason I use it to describe myself... to show, hey I call myself a feminist, I don't hate men, I'm a fun easygoing person, I just also happen to believe in equality for the sexes.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Would feminists protest if men's rights are in danger? I don't think so.

Incorrect. Many of us would and do.

Samesies! It is too bad feminism has become a dirty word for so many. That is part of the reason I use it to describe myself... to show, hey I call myself a feminist, I don't hate men, I'm a fun easygoing person, I just also happen to believe in equality for the sexes.

Exactly.

Tomato Nation » Yes, You Are

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
HelloQuizzy.com: The Basic Feminist

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)
awareness Distribution
You scored 68% on awareness, higher than 22% of your peers.

That's a bulls--t test result, I don't support feminism & I'd prefer a result under 50%.
I support equality between the sexes, but feminism isn't about equality because it's a weapon to further divide the sexes.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
72%, basic feminist

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"You're a Feminist! Congratulations!"

:sick: Yeah no. No I am not.

AND LOL AT THE DESCRIPTION

This is why I'm not a feminist. This and the #YesAllWomen tag on Twitter. Looking at the other descriptions, whichever dumbass made the quiz has a serious holier-than-thou issue they need to get worked out. It's really disgusting. Do me a favor and take your own words and shove them up your hamster hole.

Couldn't agree with you more, lol at the assumption that a higher score means you're just ignorant about feminism, sexism against women, and not too thoughtful about gender roles. Disliking ideologically rigid bullshit feminism is different from true misogyny .

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
HelloQuizzy.com: The Basic Feminist

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)
awareness Distribution
You scored 68% on awareness, higher than 22% of your peers.

That's a bulls--t test result, I don't support feminism & I'd prefer a result under 50%.
I support equality between the sexes, but feminism isn't about equality because it's a weapon to further divide the sexes.

A lot of feminists just want selective equality, they don't truly want women to be equal to men in every area, instead of recognizing gender discrimination dually effects both men, women and everything in between, they just want female victimhood monopoly on sexism. Feminism is not even representative of all women(see #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen ), how the heck are they going to be genuinely concerned about men's issues(because men have male privilege eh).

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"You're a Feminist! Congratulations!"

:sick: Yeah no. No I am not.

AND LOL AT THE DESCRIPTION

This is why I'm not a feminist. This and the #YesAllWomen tag on Twitter. Looking at the other descriptions, whichever dumbass made the quiz has a serious holier-than-thou issue they need to get worked out. It's really disgusting. Do me a favor and take your own words and shove them up your hamster hole.

[MENTION=15123]Ukon[/MENTION]--

...please explain the meaning of the word "hamster" in this context. :shock:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Basic Feminist

You are 72% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!

I think of a "feminist" as simply a person who believes that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men (and I certainly consider myself one), but I acknowledge that the word has accumulated some negative connotations (namely that feminists believe in the superiority of women and see most men as oppressors). Honestly, I'm careful about using the word (and I always feel the need to explain what it means when I do use it) because of the potential for semantic misunderstandings, and I also know better than to automatically assume someone who says they aren't a feminist is an anti women's rights bigot who wants to return to 1950s-style gender roles.

Why the knee-jerk use of 1950s-style gender roles as an ideological litmus test / dog whistle / "didn't you get the memo" call?

Please explain without rancor. I seek understanding "right from the horse's mouth."

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Basic Feminist

You are 71% on your way to being a Feminist!

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The Basic Feminist
You are 74% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't like the term 'feminist' -- we need something more like 'equalist' or something...

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your result for The Feminist Test ...
The Basic Feminist
You are 77% on your way to being a Feminist!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would feminists protest if men's rights are in danger? I don't think so.

On the contrary, many would & do. Beyond rights, feminists may also be concerned with the general degradation of men & masculinity. A lot of feminists are concerned with how modern culture is "setting the bar low" for boys. For example, many male characters in the media portray men as thick-skulled horn dogs with no motivation beyond beer & sandwiches in life. This kind of image is one feminists would find degrading to men & would seek to combat. It's really a problem for everyone if boys & men are (wrongly) pegged as more animalistic than women & women as morally/spiritually superior to men.

----

I got 71%, basic feminist*. Like many, I don't identify as a feminist because of the stigma & bizarre associations people make with it. I frankly don't like to identify with most labels for that reason, although I concede to call myself Christian (which also gives me a ton of stereotypes & inaccuracies to contend with). These labels are so broad that their umbrella encompasses belief systems which are contradictory & even opposed. I prefer to simply make known what I believe if necessary rather than have a one word label give the wrong impression of me because the person I am speaking to has a massively different idea of what that label means than the idea I have. I don't want to be characterized off a label that open to misinterpretation.

*As a side, I found most of those questions needed an "other" option for me to answer them honestly & accurately. Very few answers were representative of how I actually see things or feel/think.

yeghor

On the contrary, many would & do. Beyond rights, feminists may also be concerned with the general degradation of men & masculinity. A lot of feminists are concerned with how modern culture is "setting the bar low" for boys. For example, many male characters in the media portray men as thick-skulled horn dogs with no motivation beyond beer & sandwiches in life. This kind of image is one feminists would find degrading to men & would seek to combat. It's really a problem for everyone if boys & men are (wrongly) pegged as more animalistic than women & women as morally/spiritually superior to men.

----

I got 71%, basic feminist*. Like many, I don't identify as a feminist because of the stigma & bizarre associations people make with it. I frankly don't like to identify with most labels for that reason, although I concede to call myself Christian (which also gives me a ton of stereotypes & inaccuracies to contend with). These labels are so broad that their umbrella encompasses belief systems which are contradictory & even opposed. I prefer to simply make known what I believe if necessary rather than have a one word label give the wrong impression of me because the person I am speaking to has a massively different idea of what that label means than the idea I have. I don't want to be characterized off a label that open to misinterpretation.

*As a side, I found most of those questions needed an "other" option for me to answer them honestly & accurately. Very few answers were representative of how I actually see things or feel/think.

Tbh I was expecting you to be a hardcore feminist...

Alea_iacta_est

The Egalitarian - 62%

You know enough about Feminism and how to be one to get a decent score. However, you still have some strange ideas about gender and Feminism, and probably don't affiliate yourself with any Feminist organizations. You're just an average Joe that hasn't really taken much time to think about sexism, but at least you can see it where it's really obvious. In other words, you're not a part of the problem, but you're probably not doing anything to fix it. The good news is that at least you're not opposed to Feminism. The bad news is that you probably do some sexist things yourself like calling women whores or expecting people to adhere to fairly narrow gender roles (nope). You don't do it on purpose, but that doesn't mean that you should continue to do it! Just stop and take a minute to think about how your actions affect others when you say or do something that doesn't quite sound or feel right. Pay more attention to who people are instead of what parts they have. Most of all, educate yourself and don't apologize for sexist assholes! You're better than that, and it's time to let the world know that it's not cool.

I'm for the civil equality and fair treatment, everything else is simply unrealistic goals to end objectification. I treat the opposite gender like human beings, not with extra treatment or less treatment.

Also, with the inclusion of the prison system of the United States, slightly more men are raped than women in the entire country every year on average.

á´…eparted

passages
The Egalitarian
You are 64% on your way to being a Feminist!

I stay middle of the road when it comes to feminism and gender issues. Both sides have their issues with the crazy. Essentially, everyone deserves fair treatment.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

And there are really people offended by this?? What about characters like Sherlock? As long as there are counterparts in the media, at least in the sophisticated media, it's not biased. If someone really wants to believe these stereotypes (s)he will have a problem addressing reality.
Anyways, not to hurt anybody's feelings, but there are femininists (not all, obviously) who are very totalitarian and not open for discussion. I think there should be a conceptual delimitation between the above and "moderate feminists".