• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Humanmetrics bash thread

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
TV Soaps make me feel sick inside. Even as child I hated them when my sisters and mother would watch. I like Dark Shadows, but part of that is because the props and such are so bad, like the bat where you can see the string.

Hahahahahaha! I actually enjoyed watching "Dark Shadows" too.
I was ten or eleven around the time it was on SciFi.
I remembered being like, "Woah, it's like that crap my family watches BUT we have vampires and werewolves!"
I thought it got kind of stupid towards the end because they were just basically doing the same things in a 'parallel universe'.
Dark Shadows did well to end its run after that since as far as I am concerned, other soaps do the same thing to an even worse degree- w/o the parallel universe.

My mom, sister, and grandma all love "All My Children". The thing that annoys me is that people will be holding the same conversation for three or four weeks! It's so slow... blah! It's kind of humorous to watch them make the absolute opposite decisions of what I would make- must be a group of ESFJ's- jk..

If I want to watch a bunch of skanks fight for men- I watch VH1. It's more entertaining and the skanks don't let the bullshit get to them- they fight it out.

TV Soaps gives you a point for F, I believe, since it means you're empathic towards others.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Haha!
Cheers to 100% N! :D
I remembered getting that when I took the test.
It wasn't even due to ensuring I was a N- it just worked out that way.

heart

heart on fire
TV Soaps gives you a point for F, I believe, since it means you're empathic towards others.

I think soaps are a good indicator of being F or not. I mean what if you cannot stand soaps but you like F type written fiction? It just wasn't a good question because soaps are so specific.

Soaps are extremely melodramatic. And the whole show keeps the level of emotional tension high, people constantly betraying each other, plotting against each other, it is all so dysfunctional and paranoid world they create. There's no sympathetic or virtuous people in them, everyone out to get (or put the make on) everyone else. That's what's so sickening about them for me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Humanetrics : Afterall, who can't get a degree in Psychology

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Haha!
Cheers to 100% N! :D
I remembered getting that when I took the test.
It wasn't even due to ensuring I was a N- it just worked out that way.

Yeah

That was the first MBTI test that I took, I think. I scored INTJ, thought I was badass for a couple weeks (the shame I feel now :doh:), went to INTJf, learned about the cognitive functions, introspected, typed myself as INTP, left INTJf, lurked around here, and then finally joined (here).

The lack of gray area on the Humanmetrics test disturbs me, especially because gray is my 2nd favorite color.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't like the Humanmetrics test either, but when I got to the "TV soaps" question I had no problem answering "yes" because I figured it could just as easily apply to things like House and Lost and Six Feet Under--you know, quality serial dramas.

LucrativeSid

That test always scores me as a J, and I answer honestly. The questions are too literal and black and white, and it forces me to answer them literally, black or white. However, I'd like to hear from whoever made it so that I could learn why they did it the way they did. I'm sure there's a reason. We may not agree about how much sense it makes, but I'm sure there is a reason.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't like the Humanmetrics test either, but when I got to the "TV soaps" question I had no problem answering "yes" because I figured it could just as easily apply to things like House and Lost and Six Feet Under--you know, quality serial dramas.
I did the same. In addition to attempting to quantify Judging and Perceiving, the Humanmetrics test reads about thirty years old.

T

ThatGirl

Humanmetrics bash thread???

Stupid humanmetrics with it stupid stupidness! I want to kick its elbow because that's what it deserves. For being stupid. With its metrics. What does that? Stupid.....

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Introverted (I) 51.35% Extroverted (E) 48.65%
Intuitive (N) 70.27% Sensing (S) 29.73%
Thinking (T) 61.54% Feeling (F) 38.46%
Perceiving (P) 60% Judging (J) 40%

INTP

Damn! So close on the I/E.. again!!

Jaguar

Humanmetrics bash thread???

Stupid humanmetrics with it stupid stupidness! I want to kick its elbow because that's what it deserves. For being stupid. With its metrics. What does that? Stupid.....

Stupid stupidness? That's new. The test plain sucks. ;)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This test usually scores me as INTJ. Weak T and J.

Here are some examples of problematic questions.

4.You feel involved when watching TV soaps

What if you don't watch soaps?

15.You trust reason rather than feelings

You can trust both. They are not mutually exclusive.

21.You know how to put every minute of your time to good purpose

I know how to do it but that doesn't mean I actually do.

58.You consider the scientific approach to be the best

Depends on the situation. Probably not so good for things like love and relationships. :D

I also don't like the Yes/No forced choice aspect. For so many questions it depends on the context. I'd prefer a likert scale approach.