• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Political views test (Left - Right scale)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
http://www.celebritytypes.com/political-left-right/result.php

result-5.png

share_on_facebook.png

á´…eparted

passages
This test is horrible! It's assuming your political leanings are based off (REALLY bad) stereotypes, and it's binary at that. Rubbish. It doesn't even ask you any political questions.

And for the record, I am a liberal (of the Elizabeth Warren vein).

result-13.png

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
This test is horrible! It's assuming your political leanings are based off (REALLY bad) stereotypes, and it's binary at that. Rubbish. It doesn't even ask you any political questions.

The questions are pretty transparent It's liberal vs. conservative. If you got right-wing than you're likely conservative.

á´…eparted

passages
The questions are pretty transparent It's liberal vs. conservative. If you got right-wing than you're likely conservative.

No. These are stereotypes and would not be consistent. Your political position is determined by your actual political views on policies, candidates, etc. and that is what political position is based on. Not some abstract metric that may or may not relate to politics. I have never voted for a conservative candidate in my life, and hold very few conservative views.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
No. These are stereotypes and would not be consistent. Your political position is determined by your actual political views on policies, candidates, etc. and that is what political position is based on. Not some abstract metric that may or may not relate to politics. I have never voted for a conservative candidate in my life, and hold very few conservative views.

I admit that the questions with the monkey meat and the purple carrots are not very well chosen, but the rest seems ok to me. I wouldn't take it serious, though. The test only indicates your preferred way of living (individuality vs collectivism) and assumptions one's political views based on that.
You may be a little conservative in your lifestyle, but not in your political views.

á´…eparted

passages
I admit that the questions with the monkey meat and the purple carrots are not very well chosen, but the rest seems ok to me. I wouldn't take it serious, though. The test only indicates your preferred way of living (individuality vs collectivism) and assumptions one's political views based on that.
You may be a little conservative in your lifestyle, but not in your political views.

Ok, this is a fair statement.

L

LadyLazarus

Mildly-Left wing.

Damn monkey meat, keeping me from scoring higher on the liberal side.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I agree with all of the above:thumbup:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mildly right-wing.

I agree with Hard, test sucks.
Political views are for the most part hardwired, and the parts of the brain that makes you lean either way also influence personality traits like openness to experience, preference for structure and order, being punishing rather than forgiving etc etc. (This article explains more and links to studies). The test doesn't say "This is what you are", it says "Based on your lifestyle, social scientists predict that your political views are [X]". It makes a guess. Political leanings can be accurately predicted to a very large degree by either observing lifestyle choices or doing brainscans (according to the article, brain scans accurately predict political preferences 83% of the time).

That being said, I got solidly left wing.

G

garbage

I got Hardcore Left Wing

I put my stuff in order before I leave the house, but I would definitely try purple carrots and monkey meat.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got Hardcore Left Wing

I put my stuff in order before I leave the house, but I would definitely try purple carrots and monkey meat.
I have no idea about carrots, but I've gotten purple potatoes at Trader Joe's :D

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mildly left-wing

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hardcore Left Wing

shocker. i did choose mini-van>motorcycle though.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I assume this test is a joke.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
result-10.png

I don't fit the liberal stereotype very well, but just yesterday I was bragging that my daughter is a commie like her mommy. :laugh:

I am fine with gay marriage and I love Elizabeth Warren, but I'm not eating any damn monkey meat unless I'm about to starve.